Skip to main content
Topic: Round 8 Preview - Carlton v Geelong (Read 59116 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 8 Preview - Carlton v Geelong

Reply #180
How? To me it strengthens it.

Jones tries.
Watson doesn't.

Jones will run, present, chase and tackle.
Watson will stand there with his hand in the air.

Mick doesn't have too many options at present, but if given the choice between someone who puts in, and someone who doesn't...its an easy call!

This doesn't mean Jones is the answer to our issues, it just means that Watson isn't.

Right now you seem to get everything wrong. The biggest criticism of Jones is his lack of workrate. I laughed when you say that was his strength.  Even Barry Hall said that was a big problem when he was at the Dogs on one of the telecasts. Plus he's kicks as badly as Casboult right now.

Not a great choice but I'd still go with Watson of the two and that's not saying alot. Been better to bring Jaksch back in if they wanted a tall.

Reply #181
Good interview with Jammo on SEN, sounds like a good assistant coach in the making.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #182
Right now you seem to get everything wrong. The biggest criticism of Jones is his lack of workrate. I laughed when you say that was his strength.  Even Barry Hall said that was a big problem when he was at the Dogs on one of the telecasts. Plus he's kicks as badly as Casboult right now.

Not a great choice but I'd still go with Watson of the two and that's not saying alot. Been better to bring Jaksch back in if they wanted a tall.

are you really that narrow minded?

It didn't take much to get a game ahead of Watson.

We called it before the game.

You would get less out of Watson than you would Jones.

We are going in far too tall.  No wonder we lack run.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #183

If you ever agreed with me, i'd have to check myself in to the men in white coats.

The majority of the time you don't even read what i write. If you do you clearly don't understand it.
The rest of the time you are so narrow minded that even if Chris Judd told you otherwise, you wouldn't believe it.

Keep on trucking Jim the great.

Reply #184
Warnock in?????  You're f.....g kidding me  >:(

Reply #185
When we start arguing about Jones V Watson, you know we're in trouble. I'm pretty sure when the SC chooses the side and has to decide between these two, it's all about the lesser of two evils.

2.8 out of 10 versus 2.9 out of 10.

Reply #186
Warnock for Carrazzo.... officially taking the p1ss!!

Reply #187
Probably, as PD posted, gives Meat the chance to be THE forward and not play ruck. Our selection would be hoping this gives the Pussy Cats a headache.

Our headache is our selection committee.

Reply #188
Warnock for Carrots,,,like for like.

Reply #189
Foxfooty crew are laughing at us.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #190
When we start arguing about Jones V Watson, you know we're in trouble.

This, and you can throw in Warnock V Wood.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #191
Foxfooty crew are laughing at us.
So were Carey, Ling and Hammer at the selection of Warnock. Carey was particularly scathing and joked and laughed about it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #192
As the game commences tonight, there is only one club that is a basket case, an embarrassment.

Reply #193
Nobody has given us a snowballs chance in hell.

The entire footballing world is laughing at us.

There is no optimism from Carlton folk inside and outside of the inner sanctum...including us on here.

Its the perfect storm for Carlton to win and screw everyone over....which will probably be more frustrating than a 10-goal defeat!  ???