Skip to main content
Topic: Geelong Predictably Smash the Blues - Post Game (Read 29260 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Geelong Predictably Smash the Blues - Post Game

Reply #90
Heard Gibbs interviewed on SEN. He sounds like a nice enough guy but he does not have the first idea about what the problems could be let alone how to go about fixing them - he's totally exasperated. He does not sound like he has that hard centre of a true leader and like other of our players I heard recently can only offer that they need to work harder. I fear that we also need to work a lot smarter. No use working harder if we are not working on the right issues, which I suspect we are not.
You can listen to the whole interview on SEN's website. Robbo really pressed him on what's the difference in his form from last year to this year. Gibbsy had nothing poor bastard, other than to say he is working with Laidley on trying to fix it. Sounded really flat. He said they have a 24hr rule where they can be upset over a loss for that amount of time maximum, then they move on and focus on the next game. Robbo suggested they perhaps should have some time together and hit each other with some home truths over a beer. Gibbsy replied along the lines that you can talk all you like, its about doing and its time to do rather than talk. Liked that reply.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #92
You can listen to the whole interview on SEN's website. Robbo really pressed him on what's the difference in his form from last year to this year. Gibbsy had nothing poor bastard, other than to say he is working with Laidley on trying to fix it. Sounded really flat. He said they have a 24hr rule where they can be upset over a loss for that amount of time maximum, then they move on and focus on the next game. Robbo suggested they perhaps should have some time together and hit each other with some home truths over a beer. Gibbsy replied along the lines that you can talk all you like, its about doing and its time to do rather than talk. Liked that reply.

In a way so do I - my one reservation is about what they are actually doing. I don't know obviously, but I just hope it is the right things. However hard you may be working, you have to be working smart, not knocking yourself out with things that may not be addressing the real problems.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #93
Funny how our blokes avoid the question about whether the group got together and rolled out some confronting home truths.

We know MM doesn't agree with the 360 feedback model.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #94

That sounds like they are not reviewing their performance enough if that's the case. When you're losing you surely need to focus on what you're doing wrong in order to rectify the problem? At least I would've thought.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #95
That sounds like they are not reviewing their performance enough if that's the case. When you're losing you surely need to focus on what you're doing wrong in order to rectify the problem? At least I would've thought.
Yes and he was asked that also. Flobbo asked about something they did against GWS (low tackling count I think) and said they did it again this week, why? Gibbsy didn't have an answer. Something just doesn't add up.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time