Skip to main content
Topic: List Changes 2018 (Read 80496 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: List Changes 2018

Reply #150
I find it unbelievable that we've flicked 4 guys. Especially Rowe. One of our leaders and 1 year back from a knee reco.

Quite stunning that LeBois kept a spot....is he dating SOS's cousin?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #151
Lebois unless I'm mistaken has to be delisted and rookies again.

Is that correct?

He's a two year rookie.  Last I checked he had to be upgraded or delisted and rookied again. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #152
I thought that too but rookie list rules change very frequently.  Max rookie contract used to be two years.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #153

Is that correct?

He's a two year rookie.  Last I checked he had to be upgraded or delisted and rookied again.

I’m pretty sure that rookies can get a contract extension for a third year.  After that it’s sling your hook, upgrade to the primary list or de-list and re-rookie.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #155

Is that correct?

Last time i looked at this rookie rule 2 years was max for a normal, category a, rookie.

However, there was the option of signing on for a 3rd year. But in order to do so, they had to be open to being picked up in the ND by all clubs. If he was not picked up then, you could automatically sign him for that 3rd year.

The rule was in place so that you could not have a gun rookie sitting on your rookie list for an extended period of time while other clubs could not get their hands on them.

Not sure if that rule has been 'relaxed' but there was basically a handshake agreement between clubs to not poach rookies going into their 3rd year.

In any event, i don't think he's shown anything to suggest other clubs would want to chase him.

Reply #156
Last time i looked at this rookie rule 2 years was max for a normal, category a, rookie.

However, there was the option of signing on for a 3rd year. But in order to do so, they had to be open to being picked up in the ND by all clubs. If he was not picked up then, you could automatically sign him for that 3rd year.

The rule was in place so that you could not have a gun rookie sitting on your rookie list for an extended period of time while other clubs could not get their hands on them.

Not sure if that rule has been 'relaxed' but there was basically a handshake agreement between clubs to not poach rookies going into their 3rd year.

In any event, i don't think he's shown anything to suggest other clubs would want to chase him.
hasn't shown enough to stay on the list IMHO.   I'd much rather it were Sam Fisher instead.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #157
hasn't shown enough to stay on the list IMHO.   I'd much rather it were Sam Fisher instead.

You can have both.

We have, plenty of space on our rookie list. At least 3 spots, potentially more, depending on what we do in the draft.

Reply #158
I find it unbelievable that we've flicked 4 guys. Especially Rowe. One of our leaders and 1 year back from a knee reco.

Yep. I expected Rowe may get another year. Shows I have no idea if nothing else  ::)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #159
If a Club B&F results reflect a player’s ability to play their role and follow the match committee’s instructions, Sam Rowe would be justified in asking ‘What more can I do’ after finished 8th in the B&F in the most pressurized back line in the league.

Reply #160
If a Club B&F results reflect a player’s ability to play their role and follow the match committee’s instructions, Sam Rowe would be justified in asking ‘What more can I do’ after finished 8th in the B&F in the most pressurized back line in the league.

I said earlier that Rowe was unlucky simply because he is 30 and was out of contract.

All 4 of our recent delistings were the last 4 players who did not have a contract for 2019. Everyone else was already signed on.

Had we got rid of Casboult, Rowe would still be on our list. As it turns out, Casboult was contracted, Rowe was not.

Reply #161

Exactly. We must be really planning to bite the bullet next year and really put it on Weiters and his young mates to step up.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #162
I said earlier that Rowe was unlucky simply because he is 30 and was out of contract.

All 4 of our recent delistings were the last 4 players who did not have a contract for 2019. Everyone else was already signed on.

Had we got rid of Casboult, Rowe would still be on our list. As it turns out, Casboult was contracted, Rowe was not.

True but couldn't we have paid out Casboult? He can't be on that much and since we didn't land Shiel we must have some spare cash?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #163
I think we'll rookie Hugh Goddard....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #164
True but couldn't we have paid out Casboult? He can't be on that much and since we didn't land Shiel we must have some spare cash?

Sure we could.

But that doesn't address the other point. Rowe is 30.