Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 15: Post Game Frustrations: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 31897 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 15: Post Game Frustrations: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #105
Half the team were liabilities.

Yes, but he was the one out front with a big 'L' on his chest with cape flowing behind him.

Reply #106
Bolton had a poor night at the office and to be frank has had a poor month. If we can praise him for when we play well then he has to accept blame for our poor performances. Last night was one of the worst games I've ever seen. We were down by 3 goals in the last but it felt like 10 and everyone knew we couldn't come back.

I think that's fair enough.

Reply #107
Everitt has been putrid for the last month.

So frustrating to watch.

Kerridge looked fatigued to me.

Reply #108
Half the team were liabilities.

Yes, just a dirty night all round, with a few exceptions.

Don't know what happened to the team that played from R5 to R11.

Reply #109
Everitt has been putrid for the last month.

So frustrating to watch.

Kerridge looked fatigued to me.

Kerridge is carrying more workload with us that he would have dreamed possible when he was with the Crows.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #110
Bolton had a poor night at the office and to be frank has had a poor month. If we can praise him for when we play well then he has to accept blame for our poor performances. Last night was one of the worst games I've ever seen. We were down by 3 goals in the last but it felt like 10 and everyone knew we couldn't come back.

This ^^^
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #111
It was like watching the Essendon game all over again......absolute carbon copy - except for the result.......terrible game between two terrible teams on the night.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #112
^^^

I am feeling the same way myself at the moment. Collingwood at the moment are no real force in the AFL. A must win game we couldn't lose.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #113

Have to agree. We never looked like coming back and it felt like we had lost by a much bigger margin. The players looked confused again!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #114
It was a poor standard game, but we only lost by two goals, after missing at least 3 or 4 relatively simple shots at goal, and they got at least 2 goals from seriously crap free kicks, so in my mind could easily have gone either way. Silvagni showed enough to make me very happy in his first game, he's a keeper. Shattered for Byrne, just finding his feet and showing great promise, he's a guy we need to get every game into that we can, could be an A grader if he gets a decent run at it

Reply #115
Our forwards are on the nose at he moment, well for some time.
Said it after last game, and I'll say it again... They need to work harder to make space and leads. The only one capable of doing it last night was young Jack in his first game!
It's easy to blame the mids for bombing it in, and Ive probably done that in the past, but they aren't exactly being overwhelmed by options and or forwards demanding the ball on a lead.
I'd like to think Casboult is going to get better at some point, but every time he looks like taking a step forward, he goes 2 or 3 steps back. A couple of folks around here seem to defend him pretty constantly, but I can't see the attraction right now. He averages less than a goal a game, both for the year and career, and I can't see that improving anytime soon.

Reply #116
The last couple of games have just reinforced what I knew at the start of the season. . . . . We are nowhere near a finals side.

We should beat Essendon, but that will probably be our only win for the rest of the season.
That doesn't worry me. Gives us better draft picks.

The main thing is that the standards are being set by BB and the coaching staff and as long as that is kept up and SOS does his job, we will get there.

Maybe 2018 - 2019 ?????
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #117
The form of several players, Everitt, Casboult, Kreuzer, Kerridge, Cripps, Weitering and Thomas is being affected by our lack of depth. Too few are doing all the heavy lifting, I think the apparent lack of options for the coaches box reflects this, we've too few healthy cattle left.

The fact that Simmo, Curnow and Docherty are still on top of the ground is both a marvel and miracle.

Plowman has been good as well in the last few weeks, and did you notice him giving team-mates some curry for failing to run defensively. Here is someone who we can look forward to being part of the leadership group.

Phillips will be better for the run, he'll need to be against the Crows who are loaded with 200cm talent.

Sad news for Byrnes, who had probably played his best game for the season.

Weitering needs a rest, he's just a kid playing like a man, I want him for the next decade not just the next few weeks.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #118
The form of several players, Everitt, Casboult, Kreuzer, Kerridge, Cripps, Weitering and Thomas is being affected by our lack of depth. To few are doing all the heavy lifting, I think the apparent lack of options for he coaches box reflects this, we've too few healthy cattle left.

The fact that Simmo, Curnow and Docherty are still on top of the ground is both a marvel and miracle.

Plowman has been good as well in the last few weeks, and did you notice him giving team-mates some curry for failing to run defensively. Here is someone who we can look forward to being part of the leadership group.

Phillips will be better for the run, he'll need to be against the Crows who are loaded with 200cm talent.

Sad news for Byrnes, who had probably played his best game for the season.

Weitering needs a rest, he's just a kid playing like a man, I want him for the next decade not just the next few weeks.
What he said x 2
Sad part is wanting to rest players great in theory , but then reality checks in, who are you going to play?4 Goals for the NB's this weekend , not really any pushing for forward spots . Time to test the metal of a couple & do the deep end thing Gowers, Jasch, Buckley , basically let them know its not or never. Several must realise by now there careers here are only months away from being over

Reply #119
What he said x 2
Sad part is wanting to rest players great in theory , but then reality checks in, who are you going to play?4 Goals for the NB's this weekend , not really any pushing for forward spots . Time to test the metal of a couple & do the deep end thing Gowers, Jasch, Buckley , basically let them know its not or never. Several must realise by now there careers here are only months away from being over

Well they've got to get Gowers off the rookie list quick smart, his form and attitude suggest he can fill a role in replacing the loss of Byrne.
The Force Awakens!