Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 15: Post Game Frustrations: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 31147 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 15: Post Game Frustrations: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #135
Outside of the area you could throw a blanket over?

No, I don't know Cookie.  Perhaps Champion Data could provide definitions.

That 's the one to use I think - nothing better out there as far as I can see!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #136
I agree fly - I'm one of the few on here who prioritize 2 elite mids above all else. 2 Dangerfield / Selwood types, with a decent supporting cast - terribly important IMO.

Sure, two would be great but perhaps one mature player and one draftee (high pick)?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #137
Sure, two would be great but perhaps one mature player and one draftee (high pick)?

Elite talent whichever way we can get it is fine with me.

Reply #138

Weitering needs a rest, he's just a kid playing like a man, I want him for the next decade not just the next few weeks.

The main problem with Weitering is that the absence (is he injured or has he retired?) of Jamo. I know he is way past his best but he is still an effective defender and when Jamo was playing, Weitering was able to zone off from lesser forwards and play to his marking strength - in recent weeks, he has had to match up on stronger opponents.

Reply #139
The main problem with Weitering is that the absence (is he injured or has he retired?) of Jamo. I know he is way past his best but he is still an effective defender and when Jamo was playing, Weitering was able to zone off from lesser forwards and play to his marking strength - in recent weeks, he has had to match up on stronger opponents.

Heard at the game that Jamo has been quite crook (no details) so whether he'll be available again this year I just don't know.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #140
Heard at the game that Jamo has been quite crook (no details) so whether he'll be available again this year I just don't know.

Why all the secrecy from the Club ? What does he have that's so horrible it can't be revealed ?

Reply #141
One person who i meant to give kudos to previously, and it appears most people have overlooked, is Jed Lamb.

20 touches @80%, a goal and 3 tackles, one of which caught my eye at the time.

He has been a big highlight for us this year. He cost us next to nothing and continues to be a contributer when many, myself included, were wondering if he'd even get out on the park.

So yeah, throwing some love out there for 'Roast'

Reply #142
Why all the secrecy from the Club ? What does he have that's so horrible it can't be revealed ?

I heard from someone, can't remember if it was here or elsewhere, that he may have a similar injury to Armfield. A 'lower abdomen' issue. Not sure how accurate that is though.

I reckon he might have retired, but isn't officially announcing it just in case we get desperate with injuries to our kids and we need a body out there.

Reply #143
I heard from someone, can't remember if it was here or elsewhere, that he may have a similar injury to Armfield. A 'lower abdomen' issue. Not sure how accurate that is though.

I reckon he might have retired, but isn't officially announcing it just in case we get desperate with injuries to our kids and we need a body out there.

Hmmm. Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Your theory about retiring but keeping him up our sleeve as a spare seems very plausible to me.

Reply #144
Funny you really here him mentioned any where as an injured player by the media, he sank with out a ripple. He has been the for stone of our defence for best part of a decade, and hardly a murmur re him not being about. Pressure on Weitering yes, but also Rowe who has coped plenty this year as well.

Reply #145
One person who i meant to give kudos to previously, and it appears most people have overlooked, is Jed Lamb.

20 touches @80%, a goal and 3 tackles, one of which caught my eye at the time.

He has been a big highlight for us this year. He cost us next to nothing and continues to be a contributer when many, myself included, were wondering if he'd even get out on the park.

So yeah, throwing some love out there for 'Roast'

Agree. Has been one of my favourites to watch all year. And I am always confident when he lines up for goal.

Reply #146

That was pure speculation on my part Kruddler.  He seemed to be in a spot of bother after Charlie Dixon kicked him in the nurries.

Perhaps he has asked the club not to disclose whatever issue it is that is stopping him playing.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #147
Heard from reliable source Jamo has some sort of mental issue that is being kept hush hush.. Girlfriend related apparently..