Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 5: Carlton vs St. Kilda (Read 6973 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 5: Carlton vs St. Kilda

The 'Aints beat Richmond earlier today.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 5: Carlton vs St. Kilda

Reply #1
Tigers have now officially lost their aura.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #2
Saints will try to be physical against us. I think a lot of us walk that little bit taller with Pittonet around.

Reply #3
Saints will try to be physical against us. I think a lot of us walk that little bit taller with Pittonet around.
Saints are a bit different in that they run two genuine ruckman in Ryder and Marshall which will test Pittonet.
Also they rest the ruckman down forward rather than bench them so they have two talls with King and the ruckman plus Membrey down forward.
Not so keen on Plowman having to take Membrey if that setup continues.
I'm hoping Hill and Jones dont play as they were injured during the Tigers game...bit surprised Butler has done so well given I wasnt that impressed with him at Richmond.
Cripps will have a tough time vs Steele who seems to enjoy the challenge on our skipper so we need Cuningham, Setterfield etc to backup from the bombers game.
Very interesting game given Ratten is coaching the Saints and they have started the season well....was confident vs the bombers but this more 50/50 IMO..

Reply #4
Saints are a bit different in that they run two genuine ruckman in Ryder and Marshall which will test Pittonet.
Also they rest the ruckman down forward rather than bench them so they have two talls with King and the ruckman plus Membrey down forward.
Not so keen on Plowman having to take Membrey if that setup continues.
I'm hoping Hill and Jones dont play as they were injured during the Tigers game...bit surprised Butler has done so well given I wasnt that impressed with him at Richmond.
Cripps will have a tough time vs Steele who seems to enjoy the challenge on our skipper so we need Cuningham, Setterfield etc to backup from the bombers game.
Very interesting game given Ratten is coaching the Saints and they have started the season well....was confident vs the bombers but this more 50/50 IMO..

Yep, agree.

Reply #5
Ryder didn't play yesterday. "Managed"
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6
Had some value from their imports, Hill, Jones, Howard and Butler all in their best vs the Tigers and Ratten even has Carlisle playing well..

Reply #7
More confident against them than any other team we've played

Reply #8
Saints are currently top 8 and in good form. A very 50/50 game.

Reply #9
We will need to bring the Geelong from not the Essendon form to get across the line against this nob. Helps that we're at the 'G'. Also nice to be the underdogs again

Reply #10
That discard Butler, that some have ridiculed for showing interest in,  was BoG on the weekend.   Not bad for a freebie.   Papley is a quality player but we missed an opportunity I reckon.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #11
Ryder didn't play yesterday. "Managed"
Interesting, they stated that is how they would manage him when he was traded.

Why is it they manage a guy like Ryder, while we run Kreuzer in to the ground at every opportunity?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
Interesting, they stated that is how they would manage him when he was traded.

Why is it they manage a guy like Ryder, while we run Kreuzer in to the ground at every opportunity?

Kreuzer breaks down in round 1 every year.

It also helps we finally found an alternative that is also not made of glass.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #13
Kreuzer breaks down in round 1 every year.

It also helps we finally found an alternative that is also not made of glass.
That's a bit of an early Crow, I'll wait until Pittonet has been challenged by a few more real ruck options, not B-Graders mixed with converted KPPs. 

Bellchambers had it over Pittonet early, but our midfield was far better organised to rove to the losing ruck and it made a world of difference. To Pittonet's credit, he got himself back into the game by doing the stuff that makes rucks far more valuable than just the tap, the bullocking, the ground work, etc., etc.. They've even got Levi doing it now, it's a breath of fresh air.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
That's a bit of an early Crow, I'll wait until Pittonet has been challenged by a few more real ruck options, not B-Graders mixed with converted KPPs. 

Bellchambers had it over Pittonet early, but our midfield was far better organised to rove to the losing ruck and it made a world of difference. To Pittonet's credit, he got himself back into the game by doing the stuff that makes rucks far more valuable than just the tap, the bullocking, the ground work, etc., etc.. They've even got Levi doing it now, it's a breath of fresh air.

Its not about quality, its about the ability to play 4 quarters every week.

The fact that he is effective is a bonus.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson