Skip to main content
Topic: Five Snags Who Need To Sizzle - HUN (Read 5953 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Five Snags Who Need To Sizzle - HUN

Reply #1
We're 11th, 2 games and percentage out of the 8. We've beaten 1 team in the 8, they are 8th. It's fair enough to say the entire team has been disappointing, it would have been a far better article to point out the 5 who haven't been disappointing.

That said, I'm scratching my head a bit at what's going on with Eddie Betts. These jaw injuries seem to be killers.

Reply #2
Love how the criticism is now being fired directly at the players.  ;D

They need to pull their lazy fingers out of their dates and the press just might help our cause.

To label five individuals is probably wrong, but hey it's a start.  >:D

We'll see if the lads are dinkum and we'll see if they a capable of a win today.
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #3
We'll see if the lads are dinkum and we'll see if they a capable of a win today.

A win won't show anything, we should win and win comfortably. The only thing that can possibly come out of tonight's game is if we lose and you're right, our players are just taking the piss if we drop it.

Reply #4
Yep spot on we having everything to lose and nothing to gain tonight.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #5
Now the navy blue little craps will need to back it up against the chokers in North and that's on a return from the GABBA.

Hopefully the media will still be in our face throughout the week
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #6
Now the navy blue little craps will need to back it up against the chokers in North and that's on a return from the GABBA.

Hopefully the media will still be in our face throughout the week

No hopefully about it. Friday night and a double flight for them in this game. This is the first time we could pull off a bit of magic. Especially if we bring some of tonights attitude to the game. North had that game in the bag and choked when the heat was turned up.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #7
Will be handy for us if Tarrant, Swallow and Hansen all miss to go with the already missing lindsay thomas.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #8
Will be handy for us if Tarrant, Swallow and Hansen all miss to go with the already missing lindsay thomas.

And what a dreadful trap it is to think like that... remember a certain final in '92 when the Pussies lost 3 key dudes and still spanked us!!!

We must always prepare for the best of the opposition. Always. And I think a good number of our boys know how this mob has pulled down our dacks when not expected to.

This game is much more a final than last Saturday night's game against the Aints.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #9

And what a dreadful trap it is to think like that... remember a certain final in '92 when the Pussies lost 3 key dudes and still spanked us!!!

We must always prepare for the best of the opposition. Always. And I think a good number of our boys know how this mob has pulled down our dacks when not expected to.

This game is much more a final than last Saturday night's game against the Aints.

Too true. They do however buckle under pressure more than the Saints do. How they find a way to lose games they are fully in control of, is completely beyond me. Hang on a minute, we have been missing games we could be winning too. On a serious note, I am more confident we can beat North than I was of us beating St Kilda. Need to win the clearances though.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #10

Too true. They do however buckle under pressure more than the Saints do. How they find a way to lose games they are fully in control of, is completely beyond me. Hang on a minute, we have been missing games we could be winning too. On a serious note, I am more confident we can beat North than I was of us beating St Kilda. Need to win the clearances though.

So hope you're right, Green Stick... but this mob lift when they know they're playing us. And that is the key... the Aints grow another leg when they play us and as a result play confident / above themselves footy. The Wallaroos also grow another leg when they play us, and they have more talent on the paddock than the Aints, hence my hope we lift even more than last Saturday night to meet a very serious challenge that the Kangabies will present.

Our finals campaign is in our hands...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11
I dont disagree with you guys re playing North at full strength, but the fact of the matter is that Swallow, Thomas and to a lesser extent Hansen all usually reserve their best footy for us.
Im already concerned about this game.  The media are going hard at North which usually is a precirsor to them pulling out a spirited performance.

How I think of this game and our playing group think of it are two different things.  I can afford to think we can win a flag, they cant get ahead of themselves.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson