Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2020 - Votes (Read 5739 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW 2020 - Votes - R4 vs Crows

Reply #30
3 - Prespakis
2 - Harrington
1 - Vescio

And I would have liked to squeeze in Harris, Wilson (one of the best quarters I've seen and her other three weren't far off), Plane and Stevens.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: AFLW 2020 - Votes - R4 vs Crows

Reply #31
3.  Prespakis

2. Vescio

1. Harris
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

AFLW 2020 - Votes - R5 vs Saints

Reply #32
Cracking game early on. We managed to win the early arm wrestle and come out on top.

Who deserves the 3, 2, 1 this week?

Re: AFLW 2020 - Votes - R5 vs Saints

Reply #33
3. Harrington
2. Prespakis
1. Dalton

Reply #34
3 - Laloifi
2 - Dalton
1 - Stevens

Despite being significantly undersized and under strength, Laloifi never flinched once at the contest and was mostly clean under pressure, her best game by some margin. By working into space and not getting sucked into the contest it spread the Aints out and allowed Harrington, Wilson, Plane and Pound free to mop up a lot of misdirected footy from the Aints. Then when we had the footy she ran off the Aints and worked really hard to start a chain, she was clearly switched on yesterday.

Probably Dalton's best game as well, because in particular the first half was a very high standard.

Stevens is the linchpin now, opposition clubs will wake up to that soon, she gives our F50 some composure and makes things happen. If she had some equally aware and calm team-mates around her we'd probably would have kicked at least another 3 or 4 goals easily. We had less opportunity than the Aints, but Stevens helped turn them into more score.

Some mention to Harrington, Presparkis and S.Hosking, pressing forward might be the go for Sarah, but I don't think Harf is a formulaic coach.

Yesterday Presparkis, McEvoy and Egan played more sacrificial roles, which brought others into the game around them. Although for the first time this season our midfield probably lost the contest, our structure and rebound off the HBF was extraordinarily good. I hope the men watched the game!

Loynes is a superstar leader, not a female Judd but a Vandenberg/Selwood type, tell most players to stop an opponent and continue attacking and they can't or won't, they can do one or the other like Judd attacking but not really defending. Loynes did both comfortably and still lead the side strongly, her go is sacrifice and work ethic and she delivered it in spades yesterday.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #35
3 - Harrington
2 - Lalofi
1 - S. Hosking

Reply #36
I always find it difficult to give a 3, 2, 1 vote, as I likee to reward players who have made a significant contribution. Big surprise: very difficult again. In end I went for:
[3] Kerryn Harrington: Kerryn absolutely starred in defence and took excellent marks. She really produced some drive for us: her opponent just didn't know howto handle her.
[2] Maddy P: In and under, with excellent disposal and decision making. I could write this about her every week.
[1] Charlotte Wilson: Another excellent game in defence, with strong, sure marking and persistence.

Honourable Mentions:
Darcy Vescio: Really tried hard. Her improved effort since the Collingwood game has been a pleasure to watch.
Tayla Harris: Not a large number of possessions, but a real target who took some excellent contested marks. If we could get the ball out of the middle as the 'Aints did a few time, she would have a lot more goals.
Mua L: Mua is developing very nicely. her speed and athleticism is a joy to watch. Her kicking isn't. Few things frighten me more on the footy field.
Chloe Dalton: Her best game for the year, and a very telling one. Her run was brilliant and really broke open the 'Aints when we needed something.
Grace Egan: solid and persistent.
Sarah Hosking & Jess Hosking: you have to love what these girls bring to the table. Sarah's 2 goal were excellent.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #37
3 Harrington
2 Dalton
1 Prespakis

HM Loynes, Hosking S, Lalofi, McEvoy
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #38
3. Harrington
2. S Hosking
1. Prespakis

Reply #39

3. Harrington

2. Presparkis

1. Loloifi
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #40
Our learned judges on here have done it again.

Currently voting shows Harrington a clear 3 votes, with Prespakis 2 and a mix for the final vote.

Coaches votes shows....
10 Kerryn Harrington (CARL)
8 Madison Prespakis (CARL)
3 Nat Exon (STK)
3 Georgia Patrikios (STK)
3 Rosie Dillon (STK)
2 Olivia Vesely (STK)
1 Darcy Vescio (CARL)

Reply #41
Another very even team performance with at least half a dozen players deserving votes.  I went with:

3 - Harrington
2 - Prespakis
1 - Laloifi

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #42
3 Harrington
2 Prespakis
1 Daton

AFLW 2020 Votes - R6 vs Dees

Reply #43
Another solid team effort against quality opposition.

Tough to narrow down the field to just 3, but lets give it a crack.

Best 3, 2, 1....

Re: AFLW 2020 Votes - R6 vs Dees

Reply #44
Tough call this week.

Do we give votes for solid 4 quarter performance?
Do we give votes to those who stood up when the game was on the line?

3. Prespakis - Solid 4 quarters. Leading possession winner, as usual, and a goal to boot.
2. Gee - Smallest girl on the field, but the cleanest. She touches the ball and things happen. 6 tackles and kicked a goal too.
1. McEvoy - supposedly touchless in the first half. Ended up with 19 for the game. Her lift in output helped facilitate the comback