Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 15: Post Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 15845 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 15: Post Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

All ready for tomorrow. Do you best, do your worst. As long as the Blues do their best!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 15: Post Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #1
Bugger!

There were some huge highlights, man how good is it to watch some awesome skills when Charlie flies and marks!! So nice to be excited by the footy again!!

The umpiring really pissed me off in the 3rd quarter, two not far enough kicks that our guys then got caught with the ball - they were longer f’ing kicks than PA did throughout the game with their short kicks.  Really frustrating.

All in all a great effort and there is something to be excited by there, finally!

Reply #2
Right in this one, but couldn't sustain it in the last quarter.

Simmo was proud of the boys and so was i.

Happy with Pickett who early on showed what he showed pre-injury; that he will be a star.

Phillips did himself proud and hopefully a few others start to notice that he is a genuine talent. I'm already on board.

Curnowfides not only equalled his high standard last week but surpassed it. Lucky we signed him up already as his price probably would've just gone up again after that effort.

Simmo, was simmo. All class and a mere 1 point away from being BOG in the rankings. Game high 37 touches. Congrats

7 goalkickers, with Garlett unlucky to have not made it 8.....twice with reviews go against him.

Casboult managed 3 shots on goal from his, lowest on ground, 4 possessions but couldn't find the big sticks. Possibly the biggest negative of the day.

Plenty of green shoots today.

Reply #3
Garlett unlucky with two reviews....could have been a bit closer.
Their goals seemed to come in clusters
Simpson great effort in his 300th.

Polson made some mistakes ( a couple of big ones), and will be lucky to play next week.... but I like this kid...he attacks the player and ball with a purpose.
I reckon he'll be a good player in a year or two.

Reply #4
Garlett unlucky with two reviews....could have been a bit closer.
Their goals seemed to come in clusters
Simpson great effort in his 300th.

Polson made some mistakes ( a couple of big ones), and will be lucky to play next week.... but I like this kid...he attacks the player and ball with a purpose.
I reckon he'll be a good player in a year or two.

i agree about liking his attittude but its hard to see why hes getting more senior opoortunities at this point.

he just continues to make some real head scratching decisions
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #5
I know he's a player in his own right...but Curnow is so much like a young Kouta it's bizarre.

He's going to take a game by the scruff in the very near future and kick a bag.

Reply #6
i agree about liking his attittude but its hard to see why hes getting more senior opoortunities at this point.

he just continues to make some real head scratching decisions

No doubt....there's just something about his effort I like.

I reckon he probably needs to go back to the VFL next week and build on the senior experience.
Maybe another 1-2 games before the end of the season.

Reply #7
I also love Polson's game, those mistakes will be pointed out but we need to stick with him a much better option than Cunningham I reckon, forget about Kerridge, Lamb, Graham, etc etc. The kid needs to keep playing.
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #8
Key is now, after a few good games against good sides, is not to go to Brisbane next week and bring it all undone as we have the last 2 years.

Reply #9
No doubt....there's just something about his effort I like.

I reckon he probably needs to go back to the VFL next week and build on the senior experience.
Maybe another 1-2 games before the end of the season.
He does the team stuff, he’s constantly contesting and yes that huge mistake of going too close to the PA player which resulted in a goal and then another 2 in quick succession was crap but he competes his guts out.

I like him.

I bloody love Fish, so much talent there!

Reply #10
Polson is a dud IMO and lucky to have another contract...poor decision making and atrocious kicking, no point tackling well if you turn the ball over with brain dead decisions..
Graham another dud..
Lamb...dud
Weitering was also poor...poor contesting and poor turnovers especially early..
Mullet...useless,, prefer OShea at least he contests before turning the ball over, Mullet doesnt even get to first base...pathetic..
Casboult...real average too..

We were close to a win today but when you start 4-5 players short it makes it hard especially when when you get no luck with the goal umpires and the opposition are kicking goals out of their backsides ie Wingard..

Philips was a big plus and everytime I see him play he does well.....
Pickett...welcome back, added some spark and X factor...
Murphy was ok in patches.
Kennedy...improved as the game went on....
Charlie...gun player
Cripps...solid performer vs some class opposition..
Simpson... one of our best
Fisher...handy game
Rowe...Dixon got on top in the end but Sam wasnt too bad..
Jack...being tried down back and needs more games to evaluate..
Wright...some good but not enough from him
Garlett...unlucky with the goal umpies...not enough though..
Dow....ok at times, there for the education mainly..
Jones....very good, copped Gray early who is a star and held his own and continued to be a good player...

Not a bad effort today and if we had a few more contributors we might have won it for Kade Simpson today...

Reply #11
The likes of Mullet should review Simmo's tape and get a feeling for what commitment means,  the bloke has the physical presence of a miniature poodle.  Doesn't  even chase with conviction.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #12
The likes of Mullet should review Simmo's tape and get a feeling for what commitment means,  the bloke has the physical presence of a miniature poodle.  Doesn't  even chase with conviction.

Mullet needs the NB's for the rest of the season then delisting, if you wont contest in a normal manner associated with playing the game then you cant be on a AFL list.... >:(

Reply #13
Polson is a dud IMO and lucky to have another contract...poor decision making and atrocious kicking, no point tackling well if you turn the ball over with brain dead decisions..

I used to think he was a dud, but am coming around.
Still think he is lucky to have a contract.
Decision making is not too bad, but he had some shockers today, which i gave him grace for because he's basically in his first year.

Reply #14
I have a soft spot for Levi, but after today, I'm struggling to remember why. Boy he really sh1ts me sometimes. That very last kick was about 30 out, almost in front.  :(

Oh well, his time with us is much closer to the end than the beginning. That's something I guess.

Whatever issues Harry Mac has, he's a good set shot, and would have nailed 2 and possibly all 3 of those.