Skip to main content
Topic: General Discussions (Read 121496 times) previous topic - next topic
bricky and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: General Discussions

Reply #1875
I lived in a house of serious domestic violence for 22 years. I would love to tell people what I experienced but some might not want to hear the reality of what takes place. How it has a long term effect on children. I am happy to tell the story if people want to hear it first hand. How it was resolved after a further 25 years later.

I'm really sorry to hear that Mantis.  It's good to know that it was finally resolved even if it took such a long time. 

If you're willing to share your story, I'm sure that many will be interested and willing to learn from your experiences.  We probably should start a new thread though.  Let me know and I'll split the last few posts.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1876
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/other/gay-afl-player-s-secret-relationship-raises-sad-question/ar-BB1m10Io?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=ASTS&cvid=6cb0cc9f6f02486888a155ffbc8ebd1c&ei=16

Carlton legend Brendan Fevola has declared he is "sad" at the fact that no gay AFL players have felt safe enough to come out and express their sexual identity after podcaster Scott O'Halloran revealed he previously had a years-long relationship with an AFL player.

Speaking on Fevola's Melbourne radio show, The Fox's Fifi, Fev and Nick for Breakfast, O'Halloran said he had a relationship with a now retired player for "about 3-4 years", adding that he would "never ever share their identity"

Funny this...
Ian Roberts came out nearly 30 years ago in Rugby League.
Women AFL+Soccer players seem to have no trouble with it.
Colin Hughes the gay footballer on Ted Lasso declared himself...teammates seemed more concerned he didn't trust them with the info.

I guess the question is...
Is it anybody's business?
Do we really need to know?
Is it important that we know"
Would it be a positive for young gay footballers, or would the atmosphere in a teenage team be a little less tolerant than a professional organistation

Reply #1877
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/other/gay-afl-player-s-secret-relationship-raises-sad-question/ar-BB1m10Io?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=ASTS&cvid=6cb0cc9f6f02486888a155ffbc8ebd1c&ei=16

Funny this...
Colin Hughes the gay footballer on Ted Lasso declared himself...teammates seemed more concerned he didn't trust them with the info.

Would it be a positive for young gay footballers, or would the atmosphere in a teenage team be a little less tolerant than a professional organistation

Issac Humphries in the NBL who is a prominent player also came out and that news was received well by the majority who play and follow the game. Given Clarko, Finlayson and now Powell of Gold Coasts slurs i reckon it might be a while before we see a AFL player brave enough to come out...

Reply #1878
Issac Humphries in the NBL who is a prominent player also came out and that news was received well by the majority who play and follow the game. Given Clarko, Finlayson and now Powell of Gold Coasts slurs i reckon it might be a while before we see a AFL player brave enough to come out...

It would take courage, but wouldn't it be a 'statement' at this point of time.
It might, in a bizarre way, be exactly what the game needs to happen.

Reply #1879

Funny this...

There's been a few players who have been 'outed' over the journey.
Most notably when Jacko outed someone on Live tv during a legends game.

There's the comedian Josh Lawson (?) who said he has had a relationship with a former brownlow medalist.

Plenty of people have been speculated about and plenty know it to be true, but nobody has 'admitted it'.

I think its time.

Reply #1880
It would take courage, but wouldn't it be a 'statement' at this point of time.
It might, in a bizarre way, be exactly what the game needs to happen.
Agree...That would be something and could be a catalyst for change, finding that player brave enough would be the tough task.
Maybe a gay senior AFL Administrator might be able to entice a few players to come out together and make it less pressure than just one individual having to shoulder all the attention they would get.

Reply #1881
Agree...That would be something and could be a catalyst for change, finding that player brave enough would be the tough task.
Maybe a gay senior AFL Administrator might be able to entice a few players to come out together and make it less pressure than just one individual having to shoulder all the attention they would get.

The fact that in 2024 there would be any pressure just shows how ridiculous the whole preposition is.
Let’s go BIG !