Skip to main content
Topic: cricket australia payments (Read 2909 times) previous topic - next topic

cricket australia payments

Our contracted players seem to have a tenuous grip on reality.  All about the money, as usual.

No games, no crowds, no revenue, no flights and no (QF) sponsor.  Share the pain, might make stronger men out of you. 

Re: cricket australia payments

Reply #1
Listening to SEN this morning, it was reported that CA cash reserves are sitting at $23M, they were $180M odd 1-2 years ago. Seems the players definitely need to share the pain. Mind you they'd all be asking where all the money has gone.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
Listening to SEN this morning, it was reported that CA cash reserves are sitting at $23M, they were $180M odd 1-2 years ago. Seems the players definitely need to share the pain. Mind you they'd all be asking where all the money has gone.
 They've been spending big to upgrade facilities for the T20 World Cups, both the womens and mens. Now the mens T20 is unlikely to go ahead with crowds it's really going to hurt the CA bottom line!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
No different from advertising revenues plummeting elsewhere I guess GTC.  The IPL are shut so that stream of easy money in our off season has dried up.  Yet another sport soon to learn what how to survive through sacrifice.  The entire cricketing world will be enduring similar pain.

Just another "think-through" ... and I think TOO much

Reply #4
Did  CA tip in for the new WA stadium and the Adelaide oval?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #5
I wonder how much of that CA evaporating bottom line was due to T20 WC pre-sales!

I heard on radio that just for Indians fans not visiting Australia that cost the country about $3B, that's $3,000,000,000 with a capital B!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
If a fan spends $20k in Australia, that's 150,000 fans - how many on a plane 300?  That's 500 plane loads.  Doesn't sound right.

Reply #7
If a fan spends $20k in Australia, that's 150,000 fans - how many on a plane 300?  That's 500 plane loads.  Doesn't sound right.
I'm not surprised when you consider something like the GP by comparison, that alone as a few days can attract 150,000 visitors. I think you'd probably find 150000 or more in total just for an Australia / India Test five game series. There is your 500 flights, no wonder the airlines are suffering at the moment!

They mentioned the result of hosting the T20 WC would generate about 350,000 Indian visitors over an extended period. I presume the $total figure is not just direct CA revenue, but wider estimates of total spend over weeks and months while people add holidays and extended stays to the visit. The Ultra-mobile BCCI Fan group are not struggling for a dollar, these are serious wealthy fanatic travellers coming into the country by the hundreds of thousands. Many of them bring the whole extended family. I've read before somewhere that the ratio is like 3:1, 3 visitors for every 1 person going to a cricket match.

It's amazing how the dollars scale, and when you think of it you can understand why the AFL is pushing AFLW despite what seems to regular AFL followers as poor attendance!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
Too big for my little brain to comprehend.

It is funny, though that arts brings more income to Victoria than sport.

I worked in the wine industry years ago and tried to comprehend how many hectares of grapes there needed to be just for this co, which was not even top ten for wine sold.  Then I tried to imagine what all the wine for a top 5 co. would look like stored in one place.  Still blows me away.

Reply #9
I worked in the wine industry years ago and tried to comprehend how many hectares of grapes there needed to be just for this co, which was not even top ten for wine sold.  Then I tried to imagine what all the wine for a top 5 co. would look like stored in one place.  Still blows me away.
Yep, the numbers are beyond comprehension, you'd know about the Hop fields that are sewn and harvested up around Bright. How much beer they make in terms of bottles is mind blowing, yet the farms do not seem that large!
The Force Awakens!