Skip to main content
Topic: Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game (Read 66716 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game

Reply #390
I say this every year. Previous seasons form and performances are gone and are history. Tonight we start fresh and full of hope. I hope we put in a performance that matches the hype and expectation surrounding our young team. We have a great opportunity to play the reigning premiers and rain on their flag unfurling parade. The guys have been setting themselves for this one, lets hope take this opportunity with both hands and kick the Tiggers asses. Dare to Dream.
Go Blues

Thankfully there's a lot more hype around the Tigers....and little mention of the loss of Houli, Prestia, Rioli and Broad.

The Tigers aren't a team you fear (like the Hawks, Cats or Swans of yesteryear).

Our boys should feel confident after beating the Saints and Hawks - and most players appear in good form especially Cripps, Levi, Jones, Kennedy, Daisy, Marchbank and Plow (and Byrne). i won't go on  ;)

SPS is critical to uor fortunes tonight and on. If he's playing well, the opposition never touches him and he essentially does as he pleases.

I hope Charlie has a blinder too - I'd be getting him to man up Rance first up and run him ragged.

Midfields are where games are almost always won or lost.....ours looks deeper, stronger and classier.  :D  

And when Kreuzer plays well, we inevitably are right in a match.

And someone needs to sit both Dusty and Cotchin on their respective butts, especialy when Dusty tries that illegal throat/head fend off.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #391
I cant see us parking Charlie Curnow at Full Forward or even as a permanent 4 quarter foward...  ?

I think we could had squeezed Harry in... oh well.

Can't wait... Bring it on.

He'll do some midfield stuff when Cripps goes forward. Cripps will be spending more time forward this season.

Reply #392
Nthmond make a big deal about scoring, but the statistics expose something very different.

Nthmond and Sydney were two of the most consistent defensive sides in the AFL for 2017.

Nthmond's scoring quarter by quarter was erratic, but they came good in the last quarters which might well be related to their low injury count as has been previously suggested.

http://www.finalsiren.com/Fixture.asp?TeamID=8&SeasonID=2017#quarterstats

http://www.finalsiren.com/Fixture.asp?TeamID=15&SeasonID=2017#quarterstats

No matter what Nthmond scored on average, the opposition averaged less.

If not for their shizen start to the season, the numbers suggest the Swans should have won the flag by some margin.

Probably the top attacking team was the Crows, but their defense was erratic.

http://www.finalsiren.com/Fixture.asp?TeamID=1&SeasonID=2017#quarterstats

The stats are a bit simplistic, they do not account for things such as who you play once or twice and the venues you play at. But they are a good indicator.

The media would have you think Nthmond roll the dice a lot, and back themselves to outscore the opposition, but not defensively it seems! You don't get those consistent defensive numbers by rolling the dice, rolling the dice gives you variable defensive numbers like the Crows.

It's Rnd 1, and Nthmond already have nearly as many injuries as they had last season!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #393
Looks like a very nice evening for footy. Weather bureau still saying clear skies, no rain and light to medium winds.

Reply #394
My wife and I just got here.  There is one bloke warming up on his own.  (daisy).  The next two out to join him Marchbank and Plowman.

This is why daisy is rated so highly.   Leaves no stone unturned.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #395
OK, I have finished today’s tasks; cutting up a large fallen branch, splitting firewood, sanding a table top and fitting an e-locker switch guard to the 4WD.  I have had a scrub and I’m preparing for the game  :)

However, I have come up with an issue in my preparations and I’m seeking guidance.

Is it acceptable to put half a dozen cans of pale ale into a cooler so I don’t have to leave the couch?

:P

Go Blues!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball