Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2022 (Read 8090 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW 2022

Reply #32
Sheahan Ink: Questions over why Carlton AFLW coach left club
A coach who left her position at Carlton is being probed over what is understood to be a personal issue with a high-profile AFLW player.

A  highly respected coach in the AFL Women’s competition has left Carlton and the club is tying itself in knots over the circumstances surrounding her departure.

The woman exited her position at the Blues after a personal issue with a high profile AFLW player.

It’s a case of ‘she said, she said’ with clear differences between the camps about how her departure came about.

The messy situation has come at a bad time for the Blues as it attempts to start afresh after the recent upheaval of its men’s outfit that saw the club sack its coach and CEO.

The AFL is aware of the situation, with Paul Hamilton looking into it, in consultation with the League’s Human Resources department.

The coach is well considered in the AFL’s ranks and her reputation is sound.

Those close to her fear the personal situation will cause her profile in football circles to be unfairly tarnished.

Carlton refused to comment on the matter, saying it wanted to protect the wellbeing of those involved.

The woman, who also had a career as a footballer herself, looks to have since secured a role with the men’s under 18s NAB League.

A spokesman for her was also tight-lipped about what really unfolded.

We hope for everyone’s sake the parties can both move forward.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #33
We currently don't have a female coach associated with our AFLW team.

When did Lauren Morecroft move on?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #34
We currently don't have a female coach associated with our AFLW team.

When did Lauren Morecroft move on?
When? Or Why?? ;)

There is enough information in that article to narrow it down to who the coach in question was.
Firstly, it gives a gender, which could be assumed, but given we've only had a couple in recent years, and only one of them played AFLW it leaves little to the imagination.

The question then becomes who is the player.
If the player has recently left, its a 50-50 on who the player is.
If the player is still there, its a bit more of a guessing game.
In any event, it appears its no longer an issue.

BTW, Thanks MBB

Reply #35
LP's mail was a "former marquee player" and there's only one possibility there. 

So, it's an issue between a former player and a former coach.  Perhaps the Hun should be focusing on what this means for Melbourne rather than drawing a spurious link to our former coach and CEO.  Pathetic reporting, but what would you expect from that rag?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #36
Correct, but as you rightly point out when it comes to courting controversy The Hun can turn a no game delister into a potential Brownlow medallist! ;)

Also, this mail may go further back than what is implied, terms like "recent" are notoriously rubbery!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #37

So, it's an issue between a former player and a former coach.  Perhaps the Hun should be focusing on what this means for Melbourne rather than drawing a spurious link to our former coach and CEO.  Pathetic reporting, but what would you expect from that rag?

Yeah, as LP suggests, every player is a 'star' when something bad happens.

If it goes further back than our most recent season, then that would open the door for more speculation and a former captain who jumped ship and another former coach. However, based on what i know about each, i think its highly unlikely.

I think we have enough info to know the coach and the player.

Reply #38
I think we have enough info to know the coach and the player.
Well, at least to greatly narrow the field, there are only a couple of options at best that seem to fit each side of this debate.

Personally, I'm not that interested in the who, in light of modern woke culture I'm more interested in what, as I suspect it will be something that 5 years ago probably wouldn't even get a run!

Even so, it still feels like a beat up. People separate from clubs for personal reasons (differences) all the time, it's just you don't hear about it in the media like we did with Mitchell and The Angry Ant!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #39
Well, at least to greatly narrow the field, there are only a couple of options at best that seem to fit each side of this debate.

Personally, I'm not that interested in the who, in light of modern woke culture I'm more interested in what, as I suspect it will be something that 5 years ago probably wouldn't even get a run!

Even so, it still feels like a beat up. People separate from clubs for personal reasons (differences) all the time, it's just you don't hear about it in the media like we did with Mitchell and The Angry Ant!
If i can work out the 'who' i can work out the level i need to worry about it.

Some people attract trouble. Some people create it.

Reply #40
^^

yep, one of them preferred to instagram from the sidelines instead of training probably sounds like the most likely type.

Not surprising to see that this one might be "boxing on" (pardon the pun).

The others were our first ever draftee, and key to creating a team, and one fled to the enemy after spending a year out injured with a knee.

I know who my money is on, particularly if she decides to take a fall in the 3rd round....

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #41
There's more than enough clues to work out who it is :)

Reply #42
Our girls playing Saints girls in a practice match today.

FT:
Carlton: 46
Saints: 28

Brooke Walker supposedly back to her best form with the play of the day.
Selling candy and kicking goals from the boundary.

Vescio kicked 2 in the first. Nic Stevens also kicking 1.
Not missing Harris at this stage up forward is a good sign.

Reply #43
Georgie Prespakis got 20 touches and was among the best in the cats loss to North tonight.

Cats might have a hard time keeping her if they continue to lose.....especially with big sis playing in a successful side...*fingers crossed*

Get in her ear now!

Reply #44
Tayla Harris had her debut with the dees last night in their win over the dogs.

Harris had 7 touches, 3 marks, 0 tackles and 1.1
Sounds about right. Only 2 players for the dees had less touches, a young ruck Caris and former Carlton player (from season 1) Allison Brown....who was delisted from us, and st.kilda after that.

Not sure thats the numbers you'd expect from your gun recruit....