Skip to main content
Topic: Sam Kerr (Read 1584 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Sam Kerr

Reply #15
Situation, context, actions and words....we know very little other than a charge has been made.
Let it play out.
Then it can be pushed 'downstairs' to the court of public opinion. ;)

Reply #17
That only applies if you like the person.
As good as Sam is, for the game and for the country, reality is fame brings a lot of collected enemies.

WSL and FIFA friends face on, but a knife to the back, more knives than friends!

Add to that the anti-football, anti-sport types, general run of the mill racists, fame grabbers, fiscal opportunists, ambulance chasers, and other opportunistic extremists who will hate Sam for everything from being gay to flying in a jet. More enemies than friends is a certainty.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
As good as Sam is, for the game and for the country, reality is fame brings a lot of collected enemies.

WSL and FIFA friends face on, but a knife to the back, more knives than friends!

Add to that the anti-football, anti-sport types, general run of the mill racists, fame grabbers, fiscal opportunists, ambulance chasers, and other opportunistic extremists who will hate Sam for everything from being gay to flying in a jet. More enemies than friends is a certainty.
I guess it might run in the family, the brother, as much as he was a champion footballer, he was a complete DH off the field.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #19
I guess it might run in the family, the brother, as much as he was a champion footballer, he was a complete DH off the field.

Yes, I admired his football ability - I’ll never forget how he took down Fraser Gehrig in a tackle - but never warmed to him as a person.

I probably know less about his little blister but she seems to have avoided the d1ckhead genes.

And how much of this is down to her manager, publicist and lawyers?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #20
Innocent unless proven guilty.

It seems that Sam's lawyers are doing what they can to have the charge dismissed. 

She appeared in court via a video link and I believe that only one reporter made the link between the charge and Sam Kerr.  That put paid to the "keep shtum until it goes away" approach, but it nearly worked.

Her future as Matildas' captain would depend on whether she's found guilty and what was actually said.  Of course, a recent official investigation found that "The Metropolitan police is broken and rotten, suffering collapsing public trust and is guilty of institutional racism, misogyny and homophobia."  That's got to tilt the scales of justice Sam's way.

I’m interested in two points, if your captain is accused of racism, how does that affect her team mates, let alone the corporates ?
If her lawyers are trying to get it thrown out of court, she’s guilty…
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #21
She called the cop a white b..... lol.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #22

I wonder if she’ll use the Lidia Thorpe defence, “I can’t be racist because I’m not white!”
🤔
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #23
I’m interested in two points, if your captain is accused of racism, how does that affect her team mates, let alone the corporates ?
If her lawyers are trying to get it thrown out of court, she’s guilty…

There’s a difference between racism and “racially aggravated harassment”.  Without knowing exactly what was said and in what context, it’s hard to know how folk would respond.  I suspect that Kerr probably has more people on her side than against her given the poor reputation of the Metropolitan Police.

Dismissal always involves a proven charge but I’m not sure that is what Kerr’s lawyers are doing.  The case would have tried for it to be dismissed.  A hearing before the trial may be seeking to have the charge withdrawn.

Reply #24
Imagine playing for a team where the captain doesn’t “appear” to have your back
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #25

Apparently it was "stupid white bastard".

I heard an ex-Met officer on the wireless this morning.  He said that hardly a day went by without being called a white bastard and there was never any thought given to charging the perpetrators. Times have changed!

Reply #26
I wonder if she’ll use the Lidia Thorpe defence, “I can’t be racist because I’m not white!”
🤔

One of my constant beefs.

Racism depends on who is around you at the time.....and if you are in the minority or the majority.....which is BS.

Reply #27
🤔
Thorpe deliberately repeats that rubbish because she knows it garnishes support from the radical minority.

She knows about Hutu, Tutsi and Twa groups as well as anybody, and she knows about being called a half-blood by other indigenous people.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
Thorpe deliberately repeats that rubbish because she knows it garnishes support form the radical minority.

No, she says it because she believes it.

The Sovereignty mob have a fair bit in common with the sovereign citizens mob 🙄

Reply #29
No, she says it because she believes it.

The Sovereignty mob have a fair bit in common with the sovereign citizens mob 🙄
What is happening to Kerr is what you get when the perception of offense is left to the offended. If White B@#4^% isn't racist, then surely Black C#@$ can't be racist either, the stupid are tripping over themselves to explain why that isn't the case and defend Kerr. The arguments defending her behaviour are ludicrous, as ludicrous as some of the arguments we now hear about gender.

I hate to write I told you so, but I warned this was coming, this is true human nature being exposed, it has never been and will never be about fairness, morality or equality. Offer humans a shortcut and they more often than not will take it even if they know everybody ends up paying a high price, it's why game theory exists and people fail the test over and over again.

Someone said something about having your cake .......

Kerr needs to admit to acting like a dickhead, apologise, and then move on. Sure, maybe the constabulary was acting like a dickhead too, but two dickheads do not make enlightenment.

If Kerr becomes self-righteous it will surely shoot her in the foot from a perspective of sponsorship. I get there may be an opportunity to still garner support from extreme ends of the spectrum, but the mainstream will drop her like a hot rock if they haven't already. Only lawyers will profit from becoming indignant. If you listen closely you can hear the gentle whispers from Kerr close "carer's", like her manager, publicist, marketers, "What about your brand, reputation, status, worth, profit", all code for "What about my wallet!"

Finally, if you think I'm off the mark, have a look at The Rage today publishing an article about GOATs in female sport. Who is missing from the graphic already, and do you think that is an accident?

The Force Awakens!