Skip to main content
Topic: Technical Difficulties and Faults (Read 13388 times) previous topic - next topic

Technical Difficulties and Faults

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone else is not receiving email updates for new posts ? I haven't received them today and part of yesterday.

Thanks

Re: Tech

Reply #1
There's a few glitches in the system at the moment.
Spanner might be working on something.
Give it a day or two.

(I actually don't get them myself. If anyone else isn't receiving them let us know so we can determine if it's a widespread problem.)

Reply #2
There's a few glitches in the system at the moment.
Spanner might be working on something.
Give it a day or two.

(I actually don't get them myself. If anyone else isn't receiving them let us know so we can determine if it's a widespread problem.)

Thanks lods. The emails are certainly handy, but not a deal breaker. I just need to log in more often.

Thanks.

Reply #3
Email updates seem to be back to normal and working fine now.

Thanks spanner, lods and anyone else involved.

Reply #4
Good to know Paul
We've had a few issues with the scrolling bar as well over recent times.
Sometimes it's just a small glitch that resolves itself,  sometimes maintenance can affect a function, There are also times when we might be making adjustments to certain boards which can affect functionality. Most of these are temporary and resolve themselves after a couple of days.If a problem persists let us know and we can determine whether it's an individual or widespread problem

Reply #5
Good to know Paul
We've had a few issues with the scrolling bar as well over recent times.
Sometimes it's just a small glitch that resolves itself,  sometimes maintenance can affect a function, There are also times when we might be making adjustments to certain boards which can affect functionality. Most of these are temporary and resolve themselves after a couple of days.If a problem persists let us know and we can determine whether it's an individual or widespread problem

Thanks lods.

Reply #6
I'll put this query into this thread as this is where I'm having the problem atm. I can no longer use text formatting e.g. bold, italic, when writing a post? I have just changed over to MS Edge from Chrome which started causing me (and my laptop) a lot of problems. Any ideas?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #7
I'll put this query into this thread as this is where I'm having the problem atm. I can no longer use text formatting e.g. bold, italic, when writing a post? I have just changed over to MS Edge from Chrome which started causing me (and my laptop) a lot of problems. Any ideas?

Is it only on this site that you're having problems cookie?

Reply #8
Is it only on this site that you're having problems cookie?

Yes Lods, that would appear to be the case.

Re: Technical Difficulties and Faults

Reply #9
Has anyone else using MS Edge had this issue?

@ cookie...give it a few days to see if it resolves.
We've had a few issues over recent times that have come good after a day or two.

Reply #10
Has anyone else using MS Edge had this issue?

@ cookie...give it a few days to see if it resolves.
We've had a few issues over recent times that have come good after a day or two.

Thanks Lods.

Reply #11
Can i state the obvious? Maybe change back to chrome? Or even firefox.

Reply #12
Can i state the obvious? Maybe change back to chrome? Or even firefox.

Sorry, I'm completely out of patience with Chrome on Win 10. Too many niggling issues and poor/slow performance. It's not too bad on my Android tablet though, but I prefer to use the laptop when typing. I'll see how Edge goes and if no good I'll give Firefox a go (have used that in the past).

Reply #13
Sorry, I'm completely out of patience with Chrome on Win 10. Too many niggling issues and poor/slow performance. It's not too bad on my Android tablet though, but I prefer to use the laptop when typing. I'll see how Edge goes and if no good I'll give Firefox a go (have used that in the past).

If the problem persists I'm not sure we can solve it from this end if it's browser specific...but if Spanner, or someone with a better understanding  sees the post, they may have some advice.

Reply #14
Choose "Open with Internet Explorer" from the MS Edge "..." menu and the website will work perfectly.
The Force Awakens!