Skip to main content
Topic: Round 10: Carlton vs Adelaide Pre Game Palaver (Read 30173 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 10: Carlton vs Adelaide Pre Game Palaver

On Saturday at 1:40 we play Eddie Betts and Sauce Jacobs at the MCG. Last week we noticed a considerable improvement in our effort. It will be interesting to see how we go against a team not quite as well performed as Sydney was.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Round 10: Carlton vs Adelaide Pre Game Palaver

Reply #1
Sloane and Douglas probably back for Adelaide and Dangerfield was on fire vs Freo...going to be hard yakka to beat the Crows..

Reply #2
Sloane and Douglas probably back for Adelaide and Dangerfield was on fire vs Freo...going to be hard yakka to beat the Crows..

Might go along though and see Eddie as it's not on FTA.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3
You could almost make a case for this being winnable, if you could get past the fact that we are playing sh*t football.

Don't think they would risk Sloane... and i note they are already referring to it as the "mock bye" over in Moron Town.

Reply #4
The Cows will tear us a new one I suspect.

On fta tv here being I am in SA. Might watch it with some cow supporting mates and cop their abuse with good humour...

I presume the likes of Judd, Gibbs and Murphy will be back in the mix?

Reply #5
This is a game I don't want to watch, I just can't stand to watch Eddie Betts tear us apart as I know he will. I loved to watch Eddie at Carlton and I've seen a few Crows replays purely to watch him - best small forward in the game in my opinion.

Good luck Blues you're going to need it. Ask yourself aside from Yarran anyone else capable of playing on Betts? Coming off an ankle it will get a workout against Eddie on Saturday.

Reply #6
White on Betts and Rowe on Walker. Curnow to antagonize Dangerfield.

We have a decent record against the Crows in Melbourne over the last few years don't we?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #7
The only way to stop Eddie, is to kill their mid field. Then he will move into the middle of the ground and along way from goal. Byrne or Sheehan could do a job on him. The 2E of the past. Lately 2E is a liability at times with his ball use. This game is not going to be pretty for us at all IMO.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #8
Just play aggressive, attacking running footy and see what happens.

Reply #9
Just play aggressive, attacking running footy and see what happens.

That is the basic need as our structures don't allow for skilled footy yet. Be hard at the contest and take the game on. We really have nothing to lose.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #10
White on Betts and Rowe on Walker. Curnow to antagonize Dangerfield.

We have a decent record against the Crows in Melbourne over the last few years don't we?

Walker has been quiet of late...he usually destroys Jamo so I reckon he will have a day out vs our backline...
Eddie should kick a few, rub our noses in it and create plenty of supporter angst....

Reply #11
Docherty on betts.....

Reply #13
Eddie will get his goals, just like he did with us.

It's an important match-up, but he's not Nathan Fyfe tearing it up all over the ground.

Pressure the rest and starve supply.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #14
IN: Judd, Kreuzer, Jamison, Boekhorst, Murphy Holman
 OUT: Yarran (inj), Menzel (inj), Jones, Tutt, Carrazzo Wood

FB: Michael Jamison, Sam Rowe, Lachie Henderson
 HB: Kade Simpson, Sam Docherty, Dennis Armfield
 C: Dylan Buckley, Ed Curnow, Marc Murphy
 R: Matthew Kreuzer, Chris Judd, Patrick Cripps
 HF: Andrew Walker, Simon White, Tom Bell
 FF: Blaine Boekhorst, Levi Casboult, Andrejs Everitt
 Int: Dale Thomas, Nick Graham, Zach Tuohy, Nick Holman(sub)

Another 10 goal belting against the swans should lead to a few changes