Skip to main content
Topic: Giants Trample Blues - Post Match (Read 47782 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Giants Trample Blues - Post Match

Reply #16
Is Fail Thomas the embodiment of everything that's wrong at Carlton right now?

Reply #17
Is Fail Thomas the embodiment of everything that's wrong at Carlton right now?

Yes.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #18
I reckon it says something about the shock of that effort that we have about 30 odd folk viewing this thread and yet we've only just ticked over to the second page.

Folk are genuinely in a state of despair.

Reply #19
Where do we go from here? This is as low as the club has been for many, many, many years. I haven't missed seeing Carlton play a H&A game in Melbourne for nearly 25 years, but this run might be broken this coming Friday night......today's performance could be the last straw for me for a little while, I'm over this, I really am. They clearly don't care anymore......and as of now, neither do I.....

Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #20
Speechless.

Yes Principal LODS, folks would be speechless. And hurting. Even in the darkest days of the Pagan era our Membership never dwindled.

I mentioned in another thread that any inaction from the Board now will only be viewed as 'Neroesque'. They've been good at telling us what they will no longer do (quick fixes etc) but have give us nothing positive; no vision. How low will membership go down? How long will match day crowds continue to dwindle? How long will we tolerate watching the very spirit of the players fade to a shadow? Perhaps all this is an accurate reflection of the Board?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #22
From today's side Rowe, White, Jaksch, Dick, Curnow, Casboult, Armfield, Tutt, Watson and Ellard aren't up to AFL standard as footballers and a couple of others are borderline.
Does anyone seriously expect us to win matches with that many spuds in the team?
Jamison, Henderson, Walker and Kreuzer will improve us but only marginally and apart from Cripps there are no outstanding prospects at the club.
The next few years will be bleak no matter who is senior coach and unless we get rid of the imbecile who traded pick 7 for Jaksch it will be more than a few years.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #23
Even in the darkest days of the Pagan era our Membership never dwindled.

I was talking to my daughter about that today, we didn't miss a game in our wooden spoon years but can't be bothered turning up now.
We both figured that back then our good years were fresh in the mind and we still expected to turn the corner, but now after more than a dozen years of failure the hope has gone and a sad resignation has set in.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #24
.....unless we get rid of the imbecile who traded pick 7 for Jaksch it will be more than a few years.

He is the worst footballer I've seen play AFL for quite some time......a deadset clueless spud, with no skills whatsoever. Wtf were we thinking trading for this gump?
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #25
SoS picked Jacks...

Reply #26
I was talking to my daughter about that today, we didn't miss a game in our wooden spoon years but can't be bothered turning up now.
We both figured that back then our good years were fresh in the mind and we still expected to turn the corner, but now after more than a dozen years of failure the hope has gone and a sad resignation has set in.

Yep, we may be witnessing the final glimmers of hope finally dying out. There's nothing at the club or coming out of the club to give us hope. Board conflicted and seemingly visionless, CEO who came to us with a cloud over his head and thus far has proven himself great at marketing fluff but little else... and a bunch of coaches who just make you wonder who appointed them and why.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #27
OMG listen to you guys carry on would ya?? It can all turn around very very quickly. I have faith in my club. All we need is a change in direction. We will be back. Let's just hope the board expedite the process of change.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #28
OMG listen to you guys carry on would ya?? It can all turn around very very quickly. I have faith in my club. All we need is a change in direction. We will be back. Let's just hope the board expedite the process of change.

Reported to mods for having hope

But seriously, dont drink the CfC Kool-aid, its tainted with fail, a decade of recruiting fail

Reply #29
What crap me to tears was whenever a GWS player had the ball there were always numerous options for them. You could see their structures working to create those options.

Contrast with us who had the option of kicking it across the ground or to a contest which wasn't in our favour.

78 inside 50s. Is that close to a record?