Skip to main content
Topic: Giants Trample Blues - Post Match (Read 48879 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Giants Trample Blues - Post Match

Reply #90
Yeah I don't feel sorry for Juddy guys. Multi millionaire, premiership, multiple brownlows, putting away that prime piece of steak when he wants. Juddy has it all. It is a shame that he has to play his last season in a lifeless side but I guess Juddy was one to really sink the boots in when Ratts got the ass so you have to wonder if he learned a lesson about the grass always being greener and perhaps not speaking too soon.

Its all about money with you isn't it.

Mick is earning too much money.
Daisy is earning too much money.
Can't feel sorry for judd because he's earned so much money.

Judd earned that money because he worked his backside off, putting in week in week out on and off the field. He completely changed the way he played the game to try and get our side up off their knees. He then sacrificed his wage to stay on so we could sign up our kids. Sacrificed it again to play on for one more year.
Judd has sacrificed a lot to try and help this club. It's a damn shame that he bleeds bluer than most of our list and will probably have fonder memories of West Coast instead of us.

Judd deserves a lot better than what we have given him and i definitely feel sorry for him.

Reply #91
I noticed something today that had me thinking. I don't feel our squad trust each other in their own abilities. Tutt received the ball a few times and rang like a weapon after passing it to another player, to then get forward of the centre and free in space. Hands in the air to get the pill passed to him and he was completely ignored. It wasn't just once and he looked like he might have some pace. I don't rate him yet because I haven't seen enough of his game. If this continues he will never become a player.
Have been thinking similar for a while, only looking after each other , no TEAM in there thought pattern. No doing the 1% things , just grab a stat

Reply #92
Money is just part of it. Juddy has led a very successful life. No need to feel sorry for him, he's fulfilled his potential in every way he could.

I feel sorry for the club and us as supporters, what we have been through, what mismanagement has done to our club, what we have to look forward to.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #93
Money is just part of it. Juddy has led a very successful life. No need to feel sorry for him, he's fulfilled his potential in every way he could.

I feel sorry for the club and us as supporters, what we have been through, what mismanagement has done to our club, what we have to look forward to.

We sat on our collective arse while Elliott sent the club broke and paid a million dollars over the salary cap to a wooden spoon team, then sat mute again while a weak kneed board led by Smorgon blundered through three of four lost years, and it's led to this.
There's no one to blame but ourselves, it's in the hands of the members to elect good management.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #94
Just watched Carrazzo's post game interview on the club website. If you take it at face value the guys literally have no idea about what the causes of the problems might be. All he can say is that they have to just work harder both in their preparation and in the games themselves.

We are missing some vital pieces of the jigsaw of being at least competitive and I fear that just working harder, well meaning as that may be, won't help us to find them.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #95
I don't want to feel sorry for anyone at Carlton: I am tired of that. I want us to be back in a position where everyone feels envious of us. To have some numnuts following GWS for 5 minutes sit back in the crowd and mock us was embarrassing.

There will be consequences from this game.
[1] The Judge may become the President with the least tenure in Carlton history if things remain as they are. He knows it. He has made some changes but we have yet to see the benefit from them.
[2] We have destroyed the coaching career of 2 of the greatest coaches in VFL/AFL history. Malthouse is a dead man walking as a coach. The players are not playing for him. It is clear because of the total lack of passion that our players  have on the field. Malthouse probably knows it and it irks him. He is not a happy chappy.
I do not know if it is all his fault: the inside workings of the club are something I am not privy to. Whether he is the cause or not, he will take the responsibility. He will either quit or his contract will not be renewed. As such he will be unfulfilled as a coach as he will go out very much on a low.
[3] There are a number of players on our list whose careers are in terminal shape. Yes, we can identify that we lack develop and recruiting prowess, but the guys on our list have to take some responsibility. There will be changes.
Judd will retire at the end of the season. There is nothing for him left to play for with our list in its present shape.
Carrots may feel the same way: he has been excellent for us, but he is nearing the end and has no hope of seeing a successful final's campaign.
Simmo may pull up stumps, although he may be able to be convinced otherwise by a new coaching panel.
There are then our underperformers and the borderline cases. There will be changes here as well.

There will be more changes as well. It is going to be some time yet before we recover. I hate that.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #98
I don't want to feel sorry for anyone at Carlton: I am tired of that. I want us to be back in a position where everyone feels envious of us. To have some numnuts following GWS for 5 minutes sit back in the crowd and mock us was embarrassing.

There will be consequences from this game.
[1] The Judge may become the President with the least tenure in Carlton history if things remain as they are. He knows it. He has made some changes but we have yet to see the benefit from them.
[2] We have destroyed the coaching career of 2 of the greatest coaches in VFL/AFL history. Malthouse is a dead man walking as a coach. The players are not playing for him. It is clear because of the total lack of passion that our players  have on the field. Malthouse probably knows it and it irks him. He is not a happy chappy.
I do not know if it is all his fault: the inside workings of the club are something I am not privy to. Whether he is the cause or not, he will take the responsibility. He will either quit or his contract will not be renewed. As such he will be unfulfilled as a coach as he will go out very much on a low.
[3] There are a number of players on our list whose careers are in terminal shape. Yes, we can identify that we lack develop and recruiting prowess, but the guys on our list have to take some responsibility. There will be changes.
Judd will retire at the end of the season. There is nothing for him left to play for with our list in its present shape.
Carrots may feel the same way: he has been excellent for us, but he is nearing the end and has no hope of seeing a successful final's campaign.
Simmo may pull up stumps, although he may be able to be convinced otherwise by a new coaching panel.
There are then our underperformers and the borderline cases. There will be changes here as well.

There will be more changes as well. It is going to be some time yet before we recover. I hate that.

Thank you, Captain CRASH. I love reading your contributions... nothing hysterical, just rationally expressed observations.

I totally agree with all you wrote above. For what it's worth, I do not for a second believe our list is 'that' bad. If you ripped the confidence out of any group of young men, you would get something very similar to what we have delivered for most of this year.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #99
No ones list is that bad, you cannot even begin to judge a list's ability when they re so uninspired. That's why blokes like Jonno Brown need to shut the fork up.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #100
We have destroyed the coaching career of 2 of the greatest coaches in VFL/AFL history.

This.
Pagan took North to 12 consecutive finals appearances and two premierships with no money, poxy facilities and bugger all members, he built a gun side from the ground up.
Malthouse has succeeded at three separate clubs taking two of them to premierships, his last at Collingwood with a team of battlers with a sprinkling of top line talent.
Yet they both get to Carlton and our players won't play for them, you have to ask yourself why we are so different and whether the difference is why we have failed for over a decade and continue to fail.
It's about time we stopped looking for scapegoats and looked at ourselves in the mirror if you ask me.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #101
They have both come to Carlton with the wrong attitudes and for the wrong reasons. They have both become frustrated and impatient and have been unable to behave or coach rationally. The only bloke that came with the right attitude and for the right reason was going fine until he was sacked. The whole thing has nothing to do with the club and everything to do with the coach.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #102
The whole thing has nothing to do with the club and everything to do with the coach.

That's your call, but it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Reply #103
That's your call, but it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Makes perfect sense, I just described it in the previous post. You're not going to sit there and tell me either of the two coaches you mentioned took their respective jobs for the right reasons are you? Or that they walked into the club prepared for the task at hand? That they have shown humility or been willing to accept any of the blame? That they have displayed any patience with the playing group? They they brought over anything that resembled a decent gameplan? No they've done nothing of the sort, and here is the end result. The only bloke that actually DID something you AMAZINGLY put the blame on and say was the worst of the lot!!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!