Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Participation: AFL Rd 16: Carlton vs Sydney at Metricon (Read 11486 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Participation: AFL Rd 16: Carlton vs Sydney at Metricon

Reply #30
I don’t know what to make of that.  Normally a glass half full guy.   Terrible kicking in general and horrible with the last kick inside 50.    Made McCartin and Melican look like Alex Rance and Jeremy McGovern.   50 inside 50’s.

Reckon McCartin is a beauty. He'll be a real star. Making Melican though look like a gun then you know your entries are poor.

Reply #31
Time In Front
GWS - 66:19
Carlton - 06:26

Reply #32
Gov can't play next week. He best be working on that fitness over summer.
Don't see the coach dropping his boy vs the old mob he played for, reckon Eddie will be back too. Crows will be tougher than we thought..

Reply #33
Don't see the coach dropping his boy vs the old mob he played for, reckon Eddie will be back too. Crows will be tougher than we thought..

Gov hasn't played against his old mob yet.

Teague should drop him. But i think its all about the team balance. Who do we bring in to play 3rd tall role? SOS is injured.

Reply #34
Time In Front
GWS SYD - 66:19
Carlton - 06:26

EFA
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #36
What a bizarre Win.
Wonderful fight back - Again.
Terrible 1 - 2q's - Again.
Almost had a heart attack- Again.
Staggered that we can look like 2 completely different teams in one game. Happy to take the win, and heartened to see quite a few step up when we were 7😖 goals down. Really thought we were going to lie down, so proud to see the resilience shown.

Samo's best for a while. The backline are so solid, and still Marchy, Newy to come in. H goal kicking and marking was better on the whole. McG baffles me😣
After HT our mids stepped up and took the game on, (aside i50 delivery). Walshy and Setters becoming a dynamic duo, and so young. Crippa lifted and Ed did Ed.
Highlight of course, Cotterell's goal and passionate celebration. Loved Setters talking him through the moment.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #37
Gov hasn't played against his old mob yet.

Teague should drop him. But i think its all about the team balance. Who do we bring in to play 3rd tall role? SOS is injured.

No options really, Crows are not overly tall down back either so I reckon McGovern stays in, hopefully he wants to prove a point and lifts..

Reply #38
I’ve had enough of MCG. I thought he was a great pick up for us but was incredibly wrong.

He is half arsed in all he does. He seems like a whinger too. Those complaining about poor old Murphy’s tackling when the poor guy has been broken over the years including a broken shoulder, are obviously not watching mcg’s efforts. Yes he stepped up at the very end but he should be chomping at the bit to get amongst it.

Over him and he should be traded. Something very wrong with him.

Reply #39
Who was Casboult kicking it to anyways?   It was just dumped into the hot-spot,  none of the tall forwards were near it.   Maybe that's why we got it.

Golden rule: if you can't mark DON'T BE OUTMARKED by defenders.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #40
And stuff playing him against his old team. Think he should be dropped for the rest of the season.  Would prefer to have Gibbs back, at least he has footy smarts and skills, this guy is just taking the piss.

Reply #41
I thought Martin into the middle in the 2nd was instrumental in getting us back into the game.

Recovery led by Cripps, Martin, TDK, Walsh, Newnes, SPS, Fisher and Plowman... Weiters a rock and Doc improved as the game went on.

Owies showed glimpses. Cause for optimism.

Meat a vast improvement... as others noted, he's much better when he gets ruck duty.

TDK is a gun.

Why bother with Cuningham, the bloke just cannot exploit his own talent. Such a waste... and should not play seniors footy again.

Disappointed in Murphy... again, some nice things but same old, same old... tackles that don't stick, hangs back and can put the aggott right on the chest of an opponent. Has not only lost a yard, but also a second or two in the reflex dept.

Cottrell... YFB. Coming along nicely. That goal celebration is the stuff of billboards. Love it.

H has conquered the yips... just play on!

Fisher, always dangerous.

Simmo and Ed, every reliable.

McGovern... 23 metres gained. Just plain lazy. Must be dropped, along with Cuningham.

Again with the shizen qtr... 7 goal head start, FFS. Brilliant, character filled come back.

Will probably lose Martin to a calf (season), should drop Cuningham and McGovern if we're fair-dinkum. Gibbons, Kennedy and Edwardo back in. Ed for Cuningham, Gibbons for Martin and Kennedy for McGovern.

Walsh BOG by a country mile... 600 metres gained.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #42
Been on the predictor. If the Dogs, Giants and Dees lose one then we have to beat Adelaide well, a close win won't likely do, and Brisbane (ouch...good luck) and we get in. We need to get the percentage to around 102%. Then we get a trip to Perth.....oh yay.

Tough ask but it's good that we are somehow still playing for a finals spot 2nd last match. Somehow keep hanging in. We should be near entrenched but hope we learn from that.

Reply #43
The gov stunk it up again and is badly out of form. He should be dropped for Kennedy.

Even so. He's a good player when in form. I haven't given up on him yet.

Reply #44
Been on the predictor. If the Dogs, Giants and Dees lose one then we have to beat Adelaide well, a close win won't likely do, and Brisbane (ouch...good luck) and we get in. We need to get the percentage to around 102%. Then we get a trip to Perth.....oh yay.

Tough ask but it's good that we are somehow still playing for a finals spot 2nd last match. Somehow keep hanging in. We should be near entrenched but hope we learn from that.
Mathematically yes, probability, zilch.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time