Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 9: Post Game Calm: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 38546 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 9: Post Game Calm: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #120
If they back their recruiters then I would disagree, it is the number one pick after all. I would offer it to the Swans for Hannaberry and their 2nd rounder.
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #121
Sooo, we haven't created a suitable environment yet to foster a rebuild successfully. We need more GOOD mature players, especially big mids! Go for it SOS!

SOS did well for GWS getting Callan Ward......needs to do the same for us and get a player of that ilk and age..

Reply #124
We should have learned our lesson, we paid plenty for Judd and it didn't get us past week two of the finals.
One player won't do it for us.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #125
Last week they tackled with intensity, hunted the players.
Today they just ran behind their players all dat - is that just youth/not fit enough to back up from Last week?

What was Lang like today?

Another frustrating aspect was we could not deal with the wet yet they had no problem - is that a skill issue?

Don’t see how we will progress unless it is merely to just wait for Doch, Marchbank etc to return.  Maybe it will turn around quickly?

Until then, the players need to bust their arses!

Reply #126
If they back their recruiters then I would disagree, it is the number one pick after all. I would offer it to the Swans for Hannaberry and their 2nd rounder.

I like Hannebery, but I would not swap him plus change for a No1 pick. He has one of those bodies that have prematurely aged because of that rugged, crash and bash style that he plays. He will carry a bigger load in our team than the Swans, which worries me tbh.

Reply #127
Anthony Miles needs to be our Kane Lambert. He is far too good for VFL but can’t get a look in at Richmond. Should be there for the taking.

Reply #128
They need to be Josh Caddy quality type castoffs though...not more Mullets, OSheas...

Hartung is suited to North who have great inside players like Cunnington, Ziebell, Jacobs, Higgins etc but who need some run on the outside......wouldnt have suited us IMO as he is a poor contester like Mullet...

Matthew Wright types will do.

Blue collar, roll the sleeves up and perform well every week without costing the world.

A bit of breakaway speed would be good too.  Is Pickett close to a return yet??
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #129
Anthony Miles needs to be our Kane Lambert. He is far too good for VFL but can’t get a look in at Richmond. Should be there for the taking.

I think I read Brandon Ellis is also playing VFL, but could be wrong.

Reply #130
EB, I thought Shiel was pretty much an outside mid ?

Paul...Can get his own footy and has elite disposal...I'd also be hooking into Tim Taranto as well...ex Vic kid and might want out....

and...Mitch Robinson....aged 28 but the Lions are holding out on signing him, wants 2 years,,,,had 20 contested possies vs GWS last week, 3 years of Mitch to look after Dow, Obrien etc.....

Reply #131
Paul...Can get his own footy and has elite disposal...I'd also be hooking into Tim Taranto as well...ex Vic kid and might want out....

and...Mitch Robinson....aged 28 but the Lions are holding out on signing him, wants 2 years,,,,had 20 contested possies vs GWS last week, 3 years of Mitch to look after Dow, Obrien etc.....

EB, I always had Shiel pegged as an outside type..................

Mitch Robinson ? That name sounds familiar..............I doubt he'd come back to us after being booted, whether justified or not.

Reply #132
EB, I always had Shiel pegged as an outside type..................

Yes I agree, Shiel doesn't strike me as a prime time inside mid, he's getting plenty of football and some CP's, but that is a bit like saying the second string guys at Geelong who get CPs next to Danger, Selwood or YAblett are inside mids.

Also Shiel is 182cm, I think we need someone who is in the 190cm class.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #133
Shiel is a very serious upgrade on almost all of our players!

Reply #134
Shiel is a very serious upgrade on almost all of our players!

We are not arguing about Shiel's quality, the point some of us are making is Shiel is more outside mid, will cost plenty, and we have types who should be outside mids already. If we are going to pay big dollars or get involved in costly trades, it must be either another big bodied inside mid to give Cripps a chop out, or the KPF.

Even the journos at the BB presser, and most of them are dead-set hacks, were switched onto the cost of having Cripps go it alone too long!

FWIW, I doubt with the way we use the ball that we could attract a mature KPF of any value at the moment, it would be like volunteering to enter the desert! When they start sounding wise, you know you've got a real obvious problem!
The Force Awakens!