Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 404275 times) previous topic - next topic
DJC, tonyo and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #1410
The funny thing is that Trump as POTUS can never reveal classified intelligence because as POTUS he can declassify anything he chooses.  Even if he reveals classified info unintentionally, that disclosure is implicitly declassified. He is exempted from being charged under the Espionage Act.

The rationale for this is that a President has to be able to reveal classified information where circumstances warrant it without needing to submit to Congressional or judicial oversight. No doubt, though, the expectation is that such disclosures would only be made after careful thought and for compelling reasons.

Reply #1411
I wonder what the odds would be on Trump to be impeached during his presidency?

I reckon it would be worth having a few dollars on it, because he doesn't get the gravity of his situation. Oaths you swear and completely enforceable by law. He isn't in a business room now where he can lie, cheat bluff... If everything fails.. well start a new venture..
In this job he will be held accountable and I think he will end up impeached.

I suspect senior Republicans are just sweating on the opportunity.
If the circus continues they'll be swamped at the mid-terms
For the time being though they have to show some level of support.
What they need is the one big impeachable slip-up.
Unfortunately this won't be it (Post says yes-POTUS says no)

Trumps off on holidays...and that should be an interesting trip. :D

Reply #1412
Trump doesn't say no.  He has merely sent out others to give a non-denial denial which doesn't address the actual allegation in the WPo report.

PS: This isn't an impeachable error as he didn't commit a crime but it's a massive political and security blunder.  Why the hell was he talking directly to Kisliak anyway given he's Russia's spymaster in the US and there's an open investigation into Russia's interference with the US democratic system? You've gotta be joking ...

Reply #1413
Oh there is zero chance he will be impeached here, but he almost certainly has committed or will commit offenses serious enough. The constitution and the governmental process of checks and balances are just things he sees as annoyances to stop him getting done what he thinks is right.

I just can't see him lasting a full term without a slip up of the proportions that see him impeached, or resigning on threat of impeachment
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #1414
all commentary and opinions are mere meaningless theatrics in a world where it appears there are opposing sides and ideology.

Reply #1415
Wake up people! This Russian investigation is a distraction because the Democrats still cant believe they lost the unlosable election.

Hillary Clinton and Peanut Obama sold 20% of the US uranium to Russia... Where is the investigation there???

Democrat's have become a laughing stock. If Trump was to open an orphanage for all African kids, the Democrats would still find a reason to question his intentions.
People need to wake up to the BS and these Marxist scum.

Reply #1416
I love the way that Trump and his supporters rail against fake news, and yet they love to create and circulate fake news.  What really annoys them is fact-checking.  With that in mind, all I need to do is link to the fact-checks  :-*

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/16/trump-claims--falsely--that-clinton-gave-russia-20-of-us-uranium.html

Reply #1417
I love the way that Trump and his supporters rail against fake news, and yet they love to create and circulate fake news.  What really annoys them is fact-checking.  With that in mind, all I need to do is link to the fact-checks  :-*

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/16/trump-claims--falsely--that-clinton-gave-russia-20-of-us-uranium.html

Don't fact check me with leftist media outlets! Next you will tell me that the Iran deal didn't happen either!!!

Reply #1418
Sorry, I can't fact-check them with right-wing sources.  My missus would go berserk if I cut some eyeholes in the bedsheets ...

Reply #1419
Just flick between Fox and CNN, they're together on the Foxtel dial...you'll get a balanced view. ;D

Reply #1420
Just flick between Fox and CNN, they're together on the Foxtel dial...you'll get a balanced view. ;D

I'm cannot afford luxury items like Foxtel, I listen to the AM radio!  :-[
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1422
Hillary clinton is a great person worthy of a nobel peace prize.
Her work with the clinton foundation was exemplary, raising billions along with the IRC for the haitian
people in their time of desperate need. Her tireless work restored all the damaged services and housing shelters. The Haitian people owe a debt of gratitude to the Clinton family.
Then lets not forget her vision for the middle east, giving the oppresed people of libya their country back from the tyrant leader quaddafi. Libya today is a model country of new found democracy, thriving education and human rights.
Lets all raise a glass to hillary ...here here 2020.

Reply #1423
Well, Lods, looks like Trump isn't denying it now.  He says he did the right thing by telling the Russians.  Looks like General McMaster has been left high and dry.  Who'd want to be part of Trump's team and being asked to front the press to give a trumped up cover story ... it'd be a bit like being sent over the top of the trenches in WW1  ;D

Reply #1424
Well, Lods, looks like Trump isn't denying it now.  He says he did the right thing by telling the Russians.  Looks like General McMaster has been left high and dry.  Who'd want to be part of Trump's team and being asked to front the press to give a trumped up cover story ... it'd be a bit like being sent over the top of the trenches in WW1  ;D

I don't think they ever denied the sharing of the information.
What they denied was that because of that release of information sources could be readily identified.

LT. GEN. H.R. McMASTER, NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER: I have a brief statement for the record. There is nothing that the president takes more seriously than the security of the American people. The story that came out tonight as reported is false. The president and the foreign minister reviewed a range of common threats to our two countries, including threats to civil aviation.

At no time, at no time, where intelligent sources or methods discussed. And the president did not disclose any military operations that were not already publicly known. Two other senior officials who were present, including the Secretary of the State, remember the meeting the same way and have said so. Their on the record accounts should outweigh anonymous sources. I was in the room. It didn't happen.

Now that's probably a half story but it's consistent with Trumps tweets

The suggestion is that by sharing the information that has put those sources at risk...and that's quite probable.
But unless you have a transcript of the actual conversations we don't know the extent and nature of what Trump actually disclosed.

The more intriguing question is where the leak to the Post came from given there were few of Trumps folk at the meeting...and the answer to that is quite possibly from the Russians who must be beside themselves with the chaos.

Another black mark  for Trump, but as we've seen (unlike most politicians) collective black marks don't seem to stick to this bloke. Anyone else would be finished long ago!

This fellow needs an extra special error, most probably an illegal one, or he'll just roll along leaving his associates in his wake.
Hopefully that error doesn't have huge collateral damage.