Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 412157 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #1440
Hillary clinton is a great person worthy of a nobel peace prize.
Her work with the clinton foundation was exemplary, raising billions along with the IRC for the haitian
people in their time of desperate need. Her tireless work restored all the damaged services and housing shelters. The Haitian people owe a debt of gratitude to the Clinton family.
Im not going to dispute this, as I dont know anything about her, and good on her if this is all facts that are true.  Im sure she will get her time in the sun eventually.

Then lets not forget her vision for the middle east, giving the oppresed people of libya their country back from the tyrant leader quaddafi. Libya today is a model country of new found democracy, thriving education and human rights.
Lets all raise a glass to hillary ...here here 2020.

This is an interesting perspective.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2016/11/election-affect-middle-east-policy-161105125945727.html

Ill defer to people who know things about this area much better than us.

It is an opinion piece, but frankly, I find nothing to suggest that Libya is even a nation that is united under one government, let alone democratic.

The other side of that though, is how much of that can be attributed to her anyway...

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #1441
I don't know a lot about the Haiti situation other than allegations by Trump, which like most allegations from him, most people ignored. I figured thrunthrublu was having a sarcastic dig at Clinton, because his next comment about Libya had to be sarcastic and it appears he believes that mess is Hilary's fault.

I actually have no time for Clinton in either case, but yeah I thought that was sarcastic.

I don't see how it is relevant to Trump and his presidency in any case. Hilary is gone, the election is over... What matters now is what Trump is doing as the most powerful man in the world... and it doesn't bode well.

I can imagine his aim is to tear apart the whole CIA and FBI, which it must be obvious he knows nothing about and ends up ripping out years of service and intelligence from the organisation.

For the sake of their country it seems almost inevitable that something has to happen soon, because he is now not just making a heck of a noise he is weakening relationships, weakening organisations and weakening his country.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #1442
I don't know a lot about the Haiti situation other than allegations by Trump, which like most allegations from him, most people ignored. I figured thrunthrublu was having a sarcastic dig at Clinton, because his next comment about Libya had to be sarcastic and it appears he believes that mess is Hilary's fault.

I actually have no time for Clinton in either case, but yeah I thought that was sarcastic.

I don't see how it is relevant to Trump and his presidency in any case. Hilary is gone, the election is over... What matters now is what Trump is doing as the most powerful man in the world... and it doesn't bode well.

I can imagine his aim is to tear apart the whole CIA and FBI, which it must be obvious he knows nothing about and ends up ripping out years of service and intelligence from the organisation.

For the sake of their country it seems almost inevitable that something has to happen soon, because he is now not just making a heck of a noise he is weakening relationships, weakening organisations and weakening his country.

He won't be allowed to get that far IMO. He will need to appease the establishment power brokers eventually and I would put my money on something dramatic in the Middle East e.g. Iran. Apparently there is already a huge build up of military logistics and support in place.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #1443
If Trump puts so little value on the welfare and safety of highly trained and expensive top secret assets like an intelligence operatives, what value does he place on the welfare and safety of Mr Joe Average?

Should they fight for Trump, would they fight for Trump?

People write that wars have been waged for an ideology, but all of the wars and conflicts seem to have a pivotal character behind the inspiration and motivation to defend or promote an ideology. Churchill, Hitler, Stalin, Ung, Kyi, Kennedy, Khrushchev, Napoleon, etc., etc.. Good or bad I expect that they all inspired some form of belief and trust that led their followers to follow.

I get nothing from Trump, every vitriolic mouthful he issues reminds me of a British Officer in a Monty Python sketch!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1445
About the same as 99% of politicians.
I wonder if his supporters are starting to understand that he's just like 99% of politicians - in it for himself, lies repeatedly, stands for nothing etc. etc.

Reply #1446
I wonder if his supporters are starting to understand that he's just like 99% of politicians - in it for himself, lies repeatedly, stands for nothing etc. etc.

It only matters what the swing voters think and a lot of them knew who Trump is and they didn't care. It was an F U to the establishment. They will probably swing back in 2020 with Hillary out of the picture.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1447
He may have "inspired" a lot of voters who didn't vote last time to have a go next time. ;D
Best argument against complacency ever ;)

Reply #1448
Whatever one may think of the establishment, voting as an FU to them is dopey. Just throwing votes away without any knowledge or care about the policies, consequences etc. If any Yank thinks they are better off with Trump than HC, well, there's not much to say to that.

Reply #1449
Whatever one may think of the establishment, voting as an FU to them is dopey. Just throwing votes away without any knowledge or care about the policies, consequences etc. If any Yank thinks they are better off with Trump than HC, well, there's not much to say to that.

Why? Because the media tells you that you are better off with the establishment?

Please tell me what trump has done in the last 5 months since taking office that has effected you in a negitive way?

Reply #1450
Why? Because the media tells you that you are better off with the establishment?

Please tell me what trump has done in the last 5 months since taking office that has effected you in a negitive way?

Are you serious ?

Reply #1451

Trump is the establishment  ::)

As for what he's done that's had a negative effect on me, how about:
1. Bombing the Syrian Air Force.
2. Praising the North Korean dictator.
3. Sharing secret information with the Russians.
4. Weakening environmental protection.
5. Weakening heritage protection.
6. Demeaning women.
7. Making the world a more dangerous place.
8. Promoting racism and discrimination.
9. Jeopardising the economy.
10. Bastardising the English language.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1452
As the punchline to a classic joke goes, "Don't call me 'Freckles' and where were you when the sh1t hit the fan?"

"One of the problems that Trump created for himself in removing Jim Comey is that he dramatically increased the list of things that Jim Comey is now allowed to talk about."

Another example of how the Orange Emperor lacks the capacity and is ill-prepared to be POTUS.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1453

I'm not sure I agree with this.

The vote for trump was more of a vote against Hillary IMHO.

It does send a message, and does achieve something.   Give us better candidates.

4 years of pain for hopefully better standards moving forward.  One thing is certain.  No one will want this outcome ever again.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #1454
I'm not sure I agree with this.

The vote for trump was more of a vote against Hillary IMHO.

It does send a message, and does achieve something.   Give us better candidates.

4 years of pain for hopefully better standards moving forward.  One thing is certain.  No one will want this outcome ever again.

Fitness for office, ability to lead, actually being a professional politician (as opposed to a professional clown) are all the types of things voters ought be considering when they vote. I never liked Hilary, but she is infinitely more qualified to be President than Trump, and would do a much better job. The big FU is cheap satisfaction that rarely works.