Skip to main content
Topic: Walls goes "Bang" (Read 20932 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Walls goes "Bang"

Reply #31
Be interested to hear Mark Maclure's take on this. Been quiet of late. Is the BlueView thing running this year?

Considering he was agitating for Ratten's removal I hope he's as even handed with the super doooooper coach.

So where's he gone? It's been rather quiet.

He was overseas and only just came back. Hi did an episode of the BluePrint and AFL 360 last week. He'll be on AFL 260 on Wednesday (i think) and Robbo and Gerrard will grill him. I will be watching.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #32
Be interested to hear Mark Maclure's take on this. Been quiet of late. Is the BlueView thing running this year?

Considering he was agitating for Ratten's removal I hope he's as even handed with the super doooooper coach.

So where's he gone? It's been rather quiet.

He was overseas and only just came back. Hi did an episode of the BluePrint and AFL 360 last week. He'll be on AFL 260 on Wednesday (i think) and Robbo and Gerrard will grill him. I will be watching.

So are you going to call in and ask questions?

Reply #33
Comparing Ratten to Mick will never work. We will never know how far Ratten could take his players, and haven't seen what Mick can do in half a season. Most of what Walls is saying makes sense, but most of it is also emotional, because he feels Ratten wasn't given a chance. He would say the Same if he grabbed Paul Roos and were in the exact same position now.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #35
Wallsy has ceased being a media commentator and is now a mere fellow supporter like us.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #36
I love it. a couple of weeks ago he was a nut job senile old man, now that a few people agree with him he is the psion and only speaks the truth. I love Wallsy, but really, as someone said previously, when it comes to Carlton he speaks as a supporter, not an objective analyst, I think that's why I like him.

Reply #37
Regardless of anything, his opinion still has merit. I liken his opinion to CIMMs, was trying to be positive and support the new coach ( which there's nothing wrong with ) but he's now had enoughand can see all of a sudden calling for a rebuild is absolute bollocks.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #38
I love it. a couple of weeks ago he was a nut job senile old man, now that a few people agree with him he is the psion and only speaks the truth. I love Wallsy, but really, as someone said previously, when it comes to Carlton he speaks as a supporter, not an objective analyst, I think that's why I like him.
Well I look forward to the responses to Matheisons comments about the recruiting. Last year he said it was the coach and the players weren't the problem  ???
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #39
Well I look forward to the responses to Matheisons comments about the recruiting. Last year he said it was the coach and the players weren't the problem  ???

It's not the recruiting. Sure we forked a couple up but it's been 10 years!

Like I said in another thread - from Adam Hartlett to Patrick McCarthy - what's going on?

At least we're consistent  :o

Reply #40
Not to sure on Walls take here.  A few weeks ago he was praising our list and now after one loss he lays the boots in.  Yes.  I think we have some problems and these were highlighted after Friday Nights loss. 

But I am not to sure how bad it is.

Clearly we lack leadership on field and this is quite evident and sticks out like dogs balls.

Clearly we have to many of the same type of player. 

Maybe a shake up of the list is required, and by all accounts this seems likely.  I just hope that it is not all downhill from here.

Reply #41
Clearly we lack leadership on field and this is quite evident and sticks out like dogs balls.

Clearly we have to many of the same type of player. 

Maybe a shake up of the list is required, and by all accounts this seems likely.  I just hope that it is not all downhill from here.
I think we have leadership OK, but we have too many followers(introverts). MM said as much when he first arrived at the club and started talking to players. I think he said he could not believe how reserved and timid some of the players were about their future and the clubs prospects.
The Force Awakens!