Skip to main content
Topic: Round 6 - Blues vs. West Coast Cokers (Read 54766 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 6 - Blues vs. West Coast Cokers

Reply #45
Watson will come in this week.

Almost guaranteed.

I certainly hope not - He is a major liability in "team defence" because he is too slow to get to a contest, uncompetitive when the contest comes to him, lacks desperation and hopeless below his knees / WC doesn't have any tall blokes that are slow enough as a match up

Rowe is much better in a contest, much better below his knees and significantly faster / White is faster again, more desperate and more versatile.
I'm not saying I agree with it I can simply see the writing on the wall.  He might even play forward instead of back, but we need another tall that gives us the flexibility to use Henderson or Waite back.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #46
I know, but is he ready... big ask for a young KP prospect to start vs the toasters.

Could he do worse than White did on Crameri?!!

I doubt it.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #47
I'd give Bootsma go,  the kid has skill, good spoiler recently shown some good form in the magoos, will come good with some confidence and more time on the  big stage.
Ciao

Reply #48
I'd give Bootsma go,  the kid has skill, good spoiler recently shown some good form in the magoos, will come good with some confidence and more time on the  big stage.
Ciao

Are you his cousin?

ffs, the guy is a rake, ok, whom does he play on in the Coker's line up? They are all big lads.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #49
Bootsma is finished.

MM persevered last year for nil result. Won't waste his time on him now.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #50
Bootsma is finished.

MM persevered last year for nil result. Won't waste his time on him now.

I wouldn't say finished but very close to it....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #51
Ciao

Lets hope for his sake, more than the clubs sake. He just looks far from the big stage at any measure, but we can hope and pray.  ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #53
I think we have to play the same way as we did this week camakazie football and rely on kicking more goals than the opposition if we rob peter to pay Paul and put Hendo or Waite back we will not win as we won't kick enough goals so at this stage we have to rely on the likes of white and co to nullify the oppositions forwards enough to allow our forwards the opportunity to kick a winning score.and the same as last week we need Gibbs and murph to have blinders and warnock to at least break even.$700,000 needs to lift and walker and tuhey and Simone need to break the lines with clean ball and we win .lol I hope

Reply #54
I'm a little bit pedantic about such things so its definitely not a personal attack by any means.

Kamikaze.
Touhy.
Simmo
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #56
Oh Nooooooooooo!!

In his weekly wrap, the coach has declared that there will be a number of changes, due to injuries and the names he mentioned as 'being in contention......'

Graham
MCINNES
WATSON
BOOTSMA!!!

Put out that cigarette Mick, and have a decent look at the list!!!
If McIness, Watson or Bootsma come in for Judd, Bell and Curnow surely he's taking the piss, surely. I don't want any of those 3 in the side unless they are 100% ready to play decent, consistent footy. They all do have positives but the negatives are glaring, judging by previous senior outings

Watson has good size and a good left boot, but not much else. WTF were we thinking not grabbing Darling! Still $h1ts me, prefer Rowe, at least he can play on a resting ruck where his speed wont be an issue

McIness has a good defensive mindset, but i prefer Simon White.

Bootsma has good closing speed, is an ok kick and a great spoiler of the footy, but until he puts on a bit more muscle he makes Jack Gunston look like Lou Ferrigno. I'd rather give Giles a crack, and i prefer Everitt over Bootsma and Andy Mac at this stage.

Army and Mclean/Graham in for Bell and Curnow. Is Garlett ready? Jamo is a must IMO. Where is Robbo at?

Reply #57
Watson has good size and a good left boot, but not much else. WTF were we thinking not grabbing Darling! Still $h1ts me, prefer Rowe, at least he can play on a resting ruck where his speed wont be an issue

Just watching Darling on the weekend he is the closest thing to a modern day Fev, he's lighting fast, built like a brick craphouse and kicks it like a mule, possibly a little less skilled but he is a star at the young age of 21.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #58

I'd rather take the clubs injury report over anything written in the Sun.

Sadly, with our club you'd have to go with the sun's report. Though they were upfront with Judd so maybe they've changed policy

Reply #59
I havent written Bootsma off yet.

Watson has to play forward IMHO when he comes back in. Id be playing him there in the 2's to adapt.