Skip to main content
Topic: RD 16 : Blues Smack Saints (Aftermatch Review) (Read 75866 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 16 : Blues Smack Saints (Aftermatch Review)

Reply #135
We need to play both Watson and Casboult.

Watson kicks out from Fullback to Centre Half Forward where Casboult marks it... not sure what happens after that though.... :-\
Well if he kicks it its a 50/50 chance to be a turnover.....

I think Casboult is in a bit of trouble to keep his place on the list, Rowe is a more accomplished KP player IMO and more capable of playing at both ends of the ground.
Casboult while probably shading Rowe in the ruck he doesnt do enough when played forward and being such a poor kick wont appeal to Malthouse IMO.....he best chance to remain on the list is if either warnock or Hampson are traded out...

Reply #136
N e 1 hear MM's presser after the game?
Was listening on radio on way home and they were asking why Watto hasnt been getting a game.......I nearly drove off the road when MM said that Watto's form ALL YEAR has been very encouraging but Jamo and hendo were doing the job for him.  His form encouraging ??? :o

I cant take MM seriously any more after that. Cudo's to Watto for last nights effort. It wasnt awe inspiring but he did " a " job and passed. Hopefully he can keep it up and prove to everybody that he really does want to be a Blue. ;)

MM has to manage this lot and his media speak is on song.
Love the way he handles the morons behind the pen/microphone.

In regards to Watson, whats wrong with words of encouragement through the media !!
Would you want MM to tell the world on air Watson is a lazy, dumdass hack with a giant roost, imagine the backlash from his parents.

Although the attention might waiver from the current victim in Milne, after all he was booed by those nasty people in the Carlton cheer squad.     :'( :'( :'(
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #137
@EB1
Elwood, I think we may be happy to keep Levi for  another year, slowly cookin' on the back-burner. If he can improve his kicking I see a massive upside for us.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #138
Watching the replay. Surprised how well a couple of times Watson closed on opposition leads, once on Reiwoldt and got the spoil in. Like to see him lighten off a little to help his pace. With continuity and confidence he could well do okay. Need to keep playing him, being 20, to develop that confidence. It's helps our forward line alot if he succeeds.
Yep - maybe he needs a coach to simply say "I believe in you" and give him some a decent opportunity, so that he believes in himself, 'cos I tell ya - that left leg of his....I could watch him kick all day, it's a beautiful thing.

You're right Gointocarlton, he needs to add some aggression to his game......he needs to let his opponent's know that they've played a game of footy......all goes hand-in-hand with some self-belief & a tick of confidence from his coach & teammates.

He did a spoil on Riewoldt last night on the outer wing (right in front of me) in the last quarter - it was a beautifully timed & directed spoil that went inboard to McInnes, who turned & passed to McLean for a goal. That goal was a direct result of Watson's excellent work. So there's definitely some potential there....but he needs to get a move on....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #139
@EB1
Elwood, I think we may be happy to keep Levi for  another year, slowly cookin' on the back-burner. If he can improve his kicking I see a massive upside for us.

+1.

I wouldn't necessarily put Rowe ahead of Levi long term on that one performance, although it was very encouraging from Rowe. Levi is just 22, as well as his good marking he works pretty hard defensively inside the forward 50. His kicking can be worked on, its not broken just needs more work. Worth a spot on the list IMO
Eat more chooks

Reply #140
Casboult while probably shading Rowe in the ruck he doesnt do enough when played forward and being such a poor kick wont appeal to Malthouse IMO.....he best chance to remain on the list is if either warnock or Hampson are traded out...

Problem is EB1, I reckon both Casboult & Rowe are VERY ordinary in the ruck, I don't think either of them should be pinch-hitting in the ruck, as the team suffers immeasurably when they do.

Reply #141

Problem is EB1, I reckon both Casboult & Rowe are VERY ordinary in the ruck, I don't think either of them should be pinch-hitting in the ruck, as the team suffers immeasurably when they do.

Are they any worse than Leigh Brown was at the Pies?.

I reckon thats the benchmark as far as the coach is concerned.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #142

I thought they have both been really competitive in the ruck. I think Kruze is better when he rucks 80% of the time, hence we need Rowe or Casboult to pinch hit for 5-7 min a quar to give Matty a spell. Its not in our best interests IMHO to play 2 genuine ruckman. Its pretty clear
Eat more chooks

Reply #143

I thought Rowe did ok last night in the ruck.  Admitily I haven't seen the replay so will need to have a better look.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #144
Anybody else notice that 70% of the post match questions came from Rohan Connolly?

:)
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #145
Overall was quite pleased with the win. I know we didn't play a top class team but you can only beat who is front of you and thought we did what we needed to do.

Was rapped to see that little maggot Milne try his usual side step tricks that always seem to work against us backfire this time around!

Touhy was wide awake to it......the same needs to apply this week against  Harvey. I wonder if Touhy will get him as well?

Next week will be a better test. North are not a top class team but we have struggled against them and on their day can test any side. Need to be on from the start to get the win.

Reply #146

Was rapped to see that little maggot Milne try his usual side step tricks that always seem to work against us backfire this time around!

Touhy was wide awake to it......the same needs to apply this week against  Harvey. I wonder if Touhy will get him as well?

good 2c from 2E

Reply #147

good 2c from 2E
I see what you did there RR..... :)

Reply #148
@EB1

+1.

I wouldn't necessarily put Rowe ahead of Levi long term on that one performance, although it was very encouraging from Rowe. Levi is just 22, as well as his good marking he works pretty hard defensively inside the forward 50. His kicking can be worked on, its not broken just needs more work. Worth a spot on the list IMO

Problem with his kicking is it isnt even close to Rowe's.....its a mile away IMO, poor ball drop and poor action. I cant think of many players who are woeful kicks that become good ones...Stewart Lowe is the only one I can think of and his kicking action even when bad was way better than Casboults.
I dont mind keeping him on the list but I'm not so sure if MM will have the patience...

Reply #149
N e 1 hear MM's presser after the game?
Was listening on radio on way home and they were asking why Watto hasnt been getting a game.......I nearly drove off the road when MM said that Watto's form ALL YEAR has been very encouraging but Jamo and hendo were doing the job for him.  His form encouraging ??? :o

I cant take MM seriously any more after that. Cudo's to Watto for last nights effort. It wasnt awe inspiring but he did " a " job and passed. Hopefully he can keep it up and prove to everybody that he really does want to be a Blue. ;)

MM just feeds the media whatever he likes... protects his boys from scrutiny (individuals that is) and sends the media off on wild goose chases and seldom gives anything away. I love it. He must laugh down his sleeve when he gets back to the rooms...

What's that Joh BP used to say - "Feeding the chooks"?  ;D

COOKIE good friend, I was thinking of Joh when I wrote the above. Good pick-up. Yep, I reckon that is what MM does... goes to the Media Conference to 'feed the chooks'... :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17