Skip to main content
Topic: 2013 - the year our best players went AWOL (Read 16717 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2013 - the year our best players went AWOL

Reply #15
Who are they? Or if you dont want to name names, how many do we have and how does that stack up against say a Geelong?

I think it would be easier to list those who have the robust character wouldn't it ??

Touche!

There are precious few, that's for sure.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #16
Mick better not read this thread after he categorically stated that Gibbs and Kreuzer are untouchable. Looks like flyboy77 is getting a list together for the "Super trade" thread.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #17
Apparently we can't win a flag in the next three years so no point going for experience, we need to develop our own and hopefully have them right before blokes like Murphy, Gibbs, Hendo etc are past their prime. Murphy will be 30 in 4 years time will he not? Scary stuff.

Rubbish. Of course we can be a serious contender within 3 years... even next year. And the injection of an experienced player or 3 would be highly beneficial (1 being a tall defender, 1 being a tall forward & 1 a hard mid... plan assuming Waite will not front up next year, making him a bonus), provided they meet our immediate needs. And we got rid of a few 'non-hackers'. Non-hackers in terms of being able to execute our needs... these blokes might serve another club well, but not us.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #18
Who are they? Or if you dont want to name names, how many do we have and how does that stack up against say a Geelong?

I think it would be easier to list those who have the robust character wouldn't it ??

You know your list better than I do.

Reply #19
Apparently we can't win a flag in the next three years so no point going for experience, we need to develop our own and hopefully have them right before blokes like Murphy, Gibbs, Hendo etc are past their prime. Murphy will be 30 in 4 years time will he not? Scary stuff.

Rubbish. Of course we can be a serious contender within 3 years... even next year. And the injection of an experienced player or 3 would be highly beneficial (1 being a tall defender, 1 being a tall forward & 1 a hard mid... plan assuming Waite will not front up next year, making him a bonus), provided they meet our immediate needs. And we got rid of a few 'non-hackers'. Non-hackers in terms of being able to execute our needs... these blokes might serve another club well, but not us.

Nah no rubbish, straight from the horses mouth, the list needs a cleanout remember, this is what your new coach has brought us. Judd, Carrazzo, Scotland, Simpson, Jamo are all gone in the next 2-3 years and in possibly less time than that. They are the heartbeat of the side. I saw Scotland put his body on the line multiple times against the Saints, something no one else in our team seems to be able to do.

Enjoy waiting at least another ten years, should be fun, let's start counting shall we?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #20
Eliminating our weaknesses before attempting to gain improvement via acquisition seems a pretty simple strategy to me.

Start by picking a balanced side, name the right sub, and don't play injured players for starters, any of that will help out and not cost draft picks or necessitate fancy trading strategies.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #21
Eliminating our weaknesses before attempting to gain improvement via acquisition seems a pretty simple strategy to me.

Start by picking a balanced side, name the right sub, and don't play injured players for starters, any of that will help out and not cost draft picks or necessitate fancy trading strategies.

Aye, some of the MC selections, especially early in the season, were nothing short of appalling.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #22
Mick better not read this thread after he categorically stated that Gibbs and Kreuzer are untouchable. Looks like flyboy77 is getting a list together for the "Super trade" thread.

Maybe it just raises their 'price' in the market place.

Gibbs is worth a lot imo - maybe a change of scene will help start a fire in his belly.....

For example - would you trade Gibbs (and a low draft pick) for Darling and Shuey (or Schofield/Brown), for example?

Pretty tempting based on current output?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #23

Nah no rubbish, straight from the horses mouth, the list needs a cleanout remember, this is what your new coach has brought us. Judd, Carrazzo, Scotland, Simpson, Jamo are all gone in the next 2-3 years and in possibly less time than that. They are the heartbeat of the side. I saw Scotland put his body on the line multiple times against the Saints, something no one else in our team seems to be able to do.

Enjoy waiting at least another ten years, should be fun, let's start counting shall we?

Straight from the horses mouth?? Which horse?

You can actually have a 'list cleanout' without losing too much top end talent.

If we were to delist/trade away the list cloggers like Joseph, Davies, Duigan, Laidler and Ellard.
Make some tough calls on some kids like McCarthy, Mitchell and Watson.
Trade away/upgrade some players who may or may not be of benefit to us in the near future like Warnock, Yarran and Bootsma.
Have a cleanout of some of the rookies like Collins, Okeefe and Dale

I have mentioned 14 players who we could potentially be without next year and i doubt they've played a total of 20-30 games combined for us this year...and half of them would be from Yarran alone.

I know you've tipped your glass over, but there is plenty more water around to fill it up with. You just gotta open your eyes and look around.
You are so focussed on the negatives, that you miss the positives

Reply #24
What are the positives? I don't see one.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #25
wtf?
our best players gone awol and we're a game outside the 8. wow. disaster.
what would you rather, a CJ brownlow and the club finished last? ffs, what a joke of a thread.

Reply #26
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/identifying-carltons-no1-problem-20130712-2pvq3.html

no fan of Lyon, but.....

Kreuzer encapsulates the problems with the Blues' highly prized first-round selections. Yes, he has had injury issues, but he has 99 games under his belt and I can count on one hand the times when the football world has sat up and gone, ''wow, what about that''.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #27
One hand? One finger. Port Adelaide in 2008.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #28
wtf?
what would you rather, a CJ brownlow and the club finished last? ffs, what a joke of a thread.

So you reckon all our #1 and other top draft picks are playing close to their potential do you Tex?

My mum always said "don't say anything if you haven't anything nice (also useful) to say".

Take heed.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #29
wtf?

So you reckon all our #1 and other top draft picks are playing close to their potential do you Tex?

My mum always said "don't say anything if you haven't anything nice (also useful) to say".

Take heed.

Don't worry about Tex, it's ok by him for senior players to under perform as long as it's not under Ratts. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!