Skip to main content
Topic: Rowe gets another year. (Read 6984 times) previous topic - next topic

Rowe gets another year.

Heard on a quick new flash on the radio that Rowe has signed for another year with the club. I didn't know he was out of contract or is it an extension. Might need to dig around the internet for more information. Great news as I think he has some talent we could use at the club. As his endurance improves he will be a valuable asset. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Re: Rowe gets another year.

Reply #1
Happy to see Sam get another year - let's hope he can cement a senior spot!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2
Sorry guys I just noticed he was locked away for 2014 already. The one year is an extension. Him and Henderson must have been talking behind closed doors with each other. ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #3
If Sam can play every week like he played last week... Bloody brilliant move to sign him up.

However, should he return to stinking up the ground as he has prior to last week, then whichever dikehead shoved the contract in front of him, should be himself shoved under the number 19 tram !

I'm sure Sams  a great guy, but he has done sweet farrk all on the park... Since day 1 he has demonstrated zero tank, then on the back of 1 good, sold performance, he gets a 12 month extension... Give me a break ! Why not hold off negotiations until the end of the year ?

I find it hard to believe that there was a stampede to his door from other clubs... So why sign him up early ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #4
Add another pre-season to improve his strength and fitness base and he could be a very handy contributor. Good luck to the fella, IMO he's giving himself every chance to succeed.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #5
If Sam can play every week like he played last week... Bloody brilliant move to sign him up.

However, should he return to stinking up the ground as he has prior to last week, then whichever dikehead shoved the contract in front of him, should be himself shoved under the number 19 tram !

I'm sure Sams  a great guy, but he has done sweet farrk all on the park... Since day 1 he has demonstrated zero tank, then on the back of 1 good, sold performance, he gets a 12 month extension... Give me a break ! Why not hold off negotiations until the end of the year ?

I find it hard to believe that there was a stampede to his door from other clubs... So why sign him up early ?

Why not?

If it costs you the same to get it done now as it does in the post season, why not?

Makes me think mids are what we'll be after in the draft/trade period.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #6

Why not?

If it costs you the same to get it done now as it does in the post season, why not?

Makes me think mids are what we'll be after in the draft/trade period.

Trade for KPP's and draft for the mids is the way I would go. Scotty, Juddy and Carrots aint getting any younger
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #7
Gee he played well last weekend and his intent at VFL level before that was great also. Looking quicker, fitter and stronger which is greta. He'll be better with another full preseason IMO. Happy he is staying after showing improvement. He's a different footballer to the first part of the year and probably to be expected. The way he played last weekend and particularly in tandem with Henderson he might just be vital.

Reply #8
Gee he played well last weekend and his intent at VFL level before that was great also. Looking quicker, fitter and stronger which is greta. He'll be better with another full preseason IMO. Happy he is staying after showing improvement. He's a different footballer to the first part of the year and probably to be expected. The way he played last weekend and particularly in tandem with Henderson he might just be vital.

It looks like he's a lot fitter now than at the start of the season.

Not surprising given his ordeals....

Good luck to you Sam. He looks a likely type - keen to get involved and doesn't take any crape.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #9

It looks like he's a lot fitter now than at the start of the season.

Not surprising given his ordeals....

Good luck to you Sam. He looks a likely type - keen to get involved and doesn't take any crape.....

This is true fly. I think he's got some great mongrel and now some much needed confidence to play and play hard!

Reply #10
Good luck to him, shown glimpses in his short time at the club and will only get better with more game time, as I said on the other thread I am a fan but he needs to improve his defensive work and not allow players to run off him so easily.
Another pre season and he might have the fitness base to be better in this area and I think he has his nose in front of Casboult and Hampson because he is a better kick and MM wants better conversion.....Henderson, Waite and Rowe is decent firepower up forward providing Watson and McInnes keep performing down back.

Reply #11
I note that it is a one year extension... sounds pretty much like "we've seen something, but its shape up or ship out".   How much is the one year extension going to cost?

I realise that Henderson is becoming an important player for us but the $400 000 or so for 2 years I have heard bandied about sounds like a lot of coin.  Then again, Warnock and others are stinking it up in the twos for upwards of $300 000 so I guess that $400 000 isn't unreasonable in the scheme of things.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #12
Rowe seems to be VERY strong overhead and hard to get around to spoil. I think his strength lies in the long ball one on one with his opponent. He should park inside 30m and have Hendo do the leading up the ground. Hendo has that touch of creativity to be dangerous up forward.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #13
I note that it is a one year extension... sounds pretty much like "we've seen something, but its shape up or ship out".   How much is the one year extension going to cost?

I realise that Henderson is becoming an important player for us but the $400 000 or so for 2 years I have heard bandied about sounds like a lot of coin.  Then again, Warnock and others are stinking it up in the twos for upwards of $300 000 so I guess that $400 000 isn't unreasonable in the scheme of things.

There's a definite shortage of ball clunkers in the comp. Rowe is good and Cas is probably better, but one can kick and thinks more like a footballer. Rowes kick to Henderson in the last that allowed him to run onto it and another piece of play (not sure which quarter) where he didn't just hand off to the nearest guy running by, he lifted hi vision and chose the wider option who had more time. That's footy smarts.

I don't think it's the death of Cas, but he'd want to get his tank, kicking and general footy nous up to speed this summer.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #14
Really pleased he got another year. Love the way he smashes the packs and gives us a solid option to kick to....good news story....