Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 18 Pre game ponderings: Holiday on the Gold Coast or Disaster at Carrarra? (Read 43969 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 18 Pre game ponderings: Holiday on the Gold Coast or Disaster at Carrarra?

Reply #30
Reckon we ve learned our lesson from last year.
Wont be seeing any guys lapping up the sunshine at theme parks this time round.

Re: Rd 18 Pre game ponderings: Holiday on the Gold Coast or Disaster at Carrarra?

Reply #31
Reckon we ve learned our lesson from last year.
Wont be seeing any guys lapping up the sunshine at theme parks this time round.

Yeah I think MM would have a fit if he saw that happening. Gold Coast are a better team now than people give them credit for.

Reply #32
Some of our mids aren't 100%. Wonder if we need to bring others in to freshen it up? Will Waite be fit? Make a strong forward line with Henderson and Rowe.

like to see Graham and Menzel get a run but haven't decided my ins and outs yet.

Reply #33
I'll be really interested to see how we structure our defence and if Waite is fit, where will he line up?

Agree Jim, our midfield was not 100% last Friday so will MM make changes or rely on the fact that it will improve for this game?

Very interesting.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #34
Did anyone hear Malthouse say that Garlett almost missed Friday's game.  Robbo was warming up and was a chance to play until just before the game.  Perhaps Garlett may miss against Gold Coast.

Carrazzo is cleared to play.

Going on what I saw at Box Hill, Robbo should be back this week and Graham and Casboult could be close.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #35
Did anyone hear Malthouse say that Garlett almost missed Friday's game.  Robbo was warming up and was a chance to play until just before the game.  Perhaps Garlett may miss against Gold Coast.

Going on what I saw at Box Hill, Robbo should be back this week and Graham and Casboult could be close.

A journo reported last week that he has personal issues (or at least alluded to)

As he is married to an Essendon supporter I am sure the club understand

Reply #36
Can't see any mids being dropped really, so where does that leave Robbo and/or Graham?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #37
Can't see any mids being dropped really, so where does that leave Robbo and/or Graham?

I'd swap graham for cachia this week.

Cachia probably needs a rest

Reply #38

Yep, agree. And I've a feeling from what MM said in his Media Conference that the side might need a 'freshen-up' with a few changes. He mentioned a good few blokes were in line for a call-up. I wonder if only one of McLean / Cachia will be in for our next game... making way for Robbo?. Maybe a rest for Andy Mac (in White or Bootsma)? Maybe even rest Kreuz (in Casboult/Warnock)? And rest Murph giving his bruised bum a chance to heal (Graham debut)?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #39
Can't see Mclean missing out TBH. We are not good enough to be dropping players like that.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #40

I'd swap graham for cachia this week.

Cachia probably needs a rest

Perhaps they were giving Cachia a break by being the sub against the Roos?  We might need Cachia to close down Ablett or are you thinking of Curnow or Carrots for that job.

Reply #41
Can't see Mclean missing out TBH. We are not good enough to be dropping players like that.

Especially if Robbo misses again.

There is no point making changes for changes sake. Winning form is good form so I'd hold off for at least another week unless Waite is 100% or there is a doubt over the fitness of one of the blokes who ran around against North.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #42
Mick's message to members this week mentions playing on a larger ground and 'five or six players from [the NBs] who can come into our side, if need be, and freshen it up'.

While I take that with a grain of salt, it wouldn't surprise me to see a couple of runners come into the side.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #43
Mick's message to members this week mentions playing on a larger ground and 'five or six players from [the NBs] who can come into our side, if need be, and freshen it up'.

While I take that with a grain of salt, it wouldn't surprise me to see a couple of runners come into the side.

Yep, taking any slow blokes into next week's game would be ill-advised.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #44
I wonder if AJ has put forward his case to MM re tagging G Ablett. :))
IN WADA WE TRUST