Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round #7: Northern Blues vs. Box Hill Hawks  (Read 39779 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Round #7: Northern Blues vs. Box Hill Hawks

Reply #61
Looks a country footy ground with cars parked along the fence.

Reply #62
Excellent fly from Fraser Russell over the pack (and Clem Smith) who goes back and kicks truly.

Reply #63
Fraser took a good mark. He's a 23 year old rookie, but big and strong. Hope he goes on. Looks a lot better than Liam Jones.

Reply #64
Lost by 28pts. 96-68.

Reply #65
All over full time:

Box Hill Hawks 15. 6. (96) Northern Blues 10. 8. (68)

Late goal to Boekhorst from 55 out.

Reply #66
Was really hoping Boekhorst would have had a breakout game today but not to be.

Reply #67
Lost by 28pts. 96-68.

Broekhursts goal at the end there was nice.

Only watched the last ten minutes but I liked the look of Hollman and Russell. 

Reply #68
Holman and Walsh might make it but we need a few others to come on as well.

Reply #69
From Twitter:

GOALS: Watson 2, Boekhorst, Johnson, Walsh, Ellard, Gowers, Wilson, Russell, Wilkinson
DISPOSALS: Ellard 24, McGuinness 23, Whiley 22, Walsh 21, Holman 18

Reply #70
GOALS: Watson 2, Boekhorst, Johnson, Walsh, Ellard, Gowers, Wilson, Russell, Wilkinson
DISPOSALS: Ellard 24, McGuinness 23, Whiley 22, Walsh 21, Holman 18

Well, we lost, but with what we can put out on the park at the moment, we were not embarrassed.
From the sounds of things Watson was adequate without making a huge case for his recall. Guys like Smith, Viojo Rianbow and Boekhorst not doing enough.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #71
I thought Holman, Walsh and Ellard were our best mids today. Whiley might have 22 touches next to his name but he wasn't effective in my opinion.

Reply #72
I thought Holman, Walsh and Ellard were our best mids today. Whiley might have 22 touches next to his name but he wasn't effective in my opinion.
Fair enough. I guess the question was, did he have a negative job and (assuming he did) how did that go?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #73
Fair enough. I guess the question was, did he have a negative job and (assuming he did) how did that go?

Good point Crash and the answer is I don't know what his main assigned role was, however I would like to see him extracting and getting his hands on the ball as Judd will be leaving sooner rather than later, and there is no real alternative to Cripps and Bell in the seniors post 2015. In my opinion we need to build depth there and we need to find out if Whiley can play. Running around in the reserves negating players isn't what I would call good development unless they're looking to backup or replace Curnow.

Reply #74
I was at the game today and thought Kreuzer was easily our best player and actually kept us in the game for the first three quarters. He was only up against first year ruckman Marc Pittonet, but he dominated the hitouts and helped us win a lot of clearances with his follow up bullocking work. I don't know how many possessions he had but he was very effective and our only clear winner on the day.