Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton v GWS-Post Match thread (Read 24952 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton v GWS-Post Match thread

Reply #60
bolton had a look, similar to the next morning of an awful sort

Reply #61
We won't accept anything less than a 1st rounder. He might end up somewhere else than Geelong. There are suitors that interest us and have picks we want. If Geelong want him, then they need to ante up. It is that simple. Hendo said he didn't know where he will be playing next year: now Geelong don't either.

Exactly, well put, Captain. If the PUssy Cats don't want to part with a 1s rounder for Hendo, there are others who will. He's a very good tall defender and many know it as they know his head wasn't on the game this year, hence his indifferent form.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #62
What happens when no team wants to pay a top price for him. Will he beg to get back to our club ? He isn't as good as he thinks and he will have to work extra hard at better clubs to even get a game. He got a free ride with us for way too long.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #63
So next week we face Hawthorn to end the season and they've just come off smashing Brisbane by 72 points following a slow start.
Our only hope to avoid setting yet another 'record' is that West Coast beat the crows today. Hawthorn won't be able to snatch 2nd place and it will be pretty much impossible for them to drop to 4th due to there huge percentage (even if by some miracle we won). So there's a chance they'll rest key players ahead of a trip to perth for the first week of the finals.

Reply #64
Exactly, well put, Captain. If the PUssy Cats don't want to part with a 1s rounder for Hendo, there are others who will. He's a very good tall defender and many know it as they know his head wasn't on the game this year, hence his indifferent form.

He's never really won a game off his own boot though. Just a solid player but not A-grade. Hopefully the Cats are delusional enough to give up pick #7.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #65
He's never really won a game off his own boot though. Just a solid player but not A-grade. Hopefully the Cats are delusional enough to give up pick #7.

Agree. So far Hendo has only shown himself to be an avearge footslogger at best, far from an onfield general and leader IMO.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #66
with the Cats poor showing recently this might bring up there value of Hendo, pick 7 would be awesome , heres hoping. Have a bad feeling we never saw the best of Hendo in the last 1-2 yrs though

Reply #67
I would've thought Ratts told him everything he needed to know. Either Bolton decided to ignore all that, or Ratts stitched him up good and proper.

You don't turn down a senior gig, they are few and far between and you quickly lose the taste of flavour of the month.

Better to come up short than never try.

Reply #68
I love the way so many on here are trying to make out that Bolton is now regretting taking the job and is shocked by what he saw. We had 26 players to chose from and played like it. Cripps and Kreuzer were possibly the only 2 players in our top 10 that were playing.

I'd wager plenty on the fact that he's champing at the bit to get his hands on the list and move it in the right direction.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #69
I love the way so many on here are trying to make out that Bolton is now regretting taking the job and is shocked by what he saw. We had 26 players to chose from and played like it. Cripps and Kreuzer were possibly the only 2 players in our top 10 that were playing.

I'd wager plenty on the fact that he's champing at the bit to get his hands on the list and move it in the right direction.

Geez you'd hope so... ????
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #70
Agree. So far Hendo has only shown himself to be an avearge footslogger at best, far from an onfield general and leader IMO.

Sometimes i wonder how much worse a player looks when he is playing in a $hit side, like us.

There was quite a few people who used to have a crack at Kennedy back in the day saying he would never amount to much. Put him in a good side and look what happens. Hendo is a lot better than what we have seen of late....we will see this when he ends up wearing different colours.

Reply #71
Sometimes i wonder how much worse a player looks when he is playing in a $hit side, like us.

There was quite a few people who used to have a crack at Kennedy back in the day saying he would never amount to much. Put him in a good side and look what happens. Hendo is a lot better than what we have seen of late....we will see this when he ends up wearing different colours.

Players choose how much effort they make, Barker has been stating this week after week, they write their own destiny!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #72

next time we play GWS we will have about 10 different guys playing.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #73
Players choose how much effort they make, Barker has been stating this week after week, they write their own destiny!

I've got no issue with this, and have defended the selection of Ellard on numerous occasions because "at least he brings effort".

However, everyone has their breaking point. There is only so many times you can lead and get the ball kicked over your head or to the advantage of the opposition before it gets to you. There is only so many times that you can get thumped by 10 goals before you lose your enthusiasm and 'bounce in your step' that you might've had otherwise.

I'm not saying i accept it, but i understand it.

Players are not enjoying their football, that is clear for all to see.

Reply #74
Cripps and Kreuzer were possibly the only 2 players in our top 10 that were playing.

I think you are overestimating the strength of our list.

I'll grant you Murphy+Gibbs....then it gets tricky.
Throw in Judd if you want, but he's gone. Ditto Carrazzo.

Thomas?
Casboult?

I reckon Simpson and Docherty are clearly top 10.

You can argue all day about the rest, Jamo? Yazz? Menzel? Tuohy? Everitt? White?

I think we had a much stronger list than we would like to admit.
They had more players out than simply their best ruck, mid and losing griffen as well. No Patton as well is a big hole to fill.

Their seconds side could probably beat us unfortunately.