Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2021 Rd 12: Carlton vs Coburg (Read 2770 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2021 Rd 12: Carlton vs Coburg

Reply #30
Looked at Coburgs list and apart from Corey Ellis ex Tigers/Suns it not exactly stacked high with
known names, must have been a very ordinary effort from our blokes to lose to such a no name Coburg lineup.
re: LOB...yep, the body language the previous week wasnt good IMHO and I think he knows its over at senior level with us..
Think he might get a rookie spot somewhere....

Reply #31
5 tackles states he was trying.  Thing is he's a bit short on talent is lob.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #32
Looked at Coburgs list and apart from Corey Ellis ex Tigers/Suns it not exactly stacked high with
known names, must have been a very ordinary effort from our blokes to lose to such a no name Coburg lineup.
re: LOB...yep, the body language the previous week wasnt good IMHO and I think he knows its over at senior level with us..
Think he might get a rookie spot somewhere....

There's no such thing as a "no name Coburg line up"!

Apart from my hometown loyalty, Coburg has a dozen or more players with VFL experience and three blokes from AFL lists.  They also have a lot more size than our little fellows.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #33
There's no such thing as a "no name Coburg line up"!

Apart from my hometown loyalty, Coburg has a dozen or more players with VFL experience and three blokes from AFL lists.  They also have a lot more size than our little fellows.
All no names imo and with limited experience, not like the Coburg teams I remember.
Why do we always end up with small bodies?
We got knocked over by the Bullants too who are also terrible.. Would be struggling to beat some of the better suburban teams imo. Lentini and Bunker were the Burgers two best players and are both lightweights at less than 80kg
I remember Lentini won some award, ex Northern Knights both of the them..

Reply #34
All no names imo and with limited experience, not like the Coburg teams I remember.
Why do we always end up with small bodies?
We got knocked over by the Bullants too who are also terrible.. Would be struggling to beat some of the better suburban teams imo.

I think that our lack of KPP and ruck depth has had a knock on effect with the VFL side.  With the exception of Parks and Kemp, the AFL-listed players running round in our VFL team are all on the small side.  The bigger-bodied VFL-listed players are mostly “utility-sized” and are being played in key positions.

We have added another ruckman with a bit of size and potential, but he’s green as grass.

That’s another factor, with the exception of O’Brien, the AFL-listed players who ran around on Saturday only have a handful of AFL games between them.  On the other hand, most of Coburg’s list have several VFL seasons under their belts, have senior football bodies and are used to playing together.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #35
I think that our lack of KPP and ruck depth has had a knock on effect with the VFL side.  With the exception of Parks and Kemp, the AFL-listed players running round in our VFL team are all on the small side.  The bigger-bodied VFL-listed players are mostly “utility-sized” and are being played in key positions.

We have added another ruckman with a bit of size and potential, but he’s green as grass.

That’s another factor, with the exception of O’Brien, the AFL-listed players who ran around on Saturday only have a handful of AFL games between them.  On the other hand, most of Coburg’s list have several VFL seasons under their belts, have senior football bodies and are used to playing together.

re:ruckman.. Goetz doesn't have much idea and is very lime green.

Reply #37
He's not VFL / AFL fit.
Hasnt got a clue from what I have seen...more not fit for VFL or AFL footy.
We must be paying in Zimbabwe currency if he is the best we can attract.......