Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 6 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 4274 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 6 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs Fremantle

I reckon we'll miss Jack.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 6 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #1
I reckon we'll miss Jack.
big time
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
Going 5 / 1 is an imperative.  Particularly with our poor percentage.

Reply #4
Just remember this is the post-match thread. Pre-match commentary has its own thread.

Reply #5
9 players had less than 10 touches.  Owies, Setterfield, Parks, McKay, Curnow, Fisher, Martin, Durdin, Boyd.  At least 4 shouldn't see game time next week. (Fisher, Setterfield, Boyd, Durdin for starters)

Reply #6
Pitt isn't looking that bad. As soon as the game was over, he was shown walking onto the ground having a chat with Darcy and continued all the way to the race with the team. He didn't show any evident discomfort and was walking normally. It may be a few weeks rather than half the season. Let's pray that's the case.

Reply #7
No Pitt, no Carlton. Back to the Carlton of old, LOTS of passengers with a bare half dozen trying to drag us across the line. We have been lucky for a few weeks but we may now well be on downward trajectory. Don't even know where to start.

Reply #8
We’ll that was very patchy. The predominance of patches were the poor ones😮‍💨

We didn’t get our connection right making it hard for the forwards. Our defence needs a shake up. It was shaky all night. We have no way of stopping small forwards. Our kicking out of defence was amateur to say the least. It was like we lost all confidence in the most basic skills and couldn’t roll the dice or create, when it was needed.

Too many passengers will lose you games regardless of the opponent. I’m looking at Fisher, Setterfield, Durdin, Owies, Boyd, Newnes, Newman. They try hard but Parks and Cotterell get shown up when their mates don’t show up.

Young is improving each week. Not sure why he could mark the ball when Weiters would spoil, but good on him.

The usual mids, Saad, Doc busted a gut. Pitto going down so early made it very hard but I was pleased to see us score after halftime.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #9
No Pitt, no Carlton. Back to the Carlton of old, LOTS of passengers with a bare half dozen trying to drag us across the line. We have been lucky for a few weeks but we may now well be on downward trajectory. Don't even know where to start.
Teams have worked out that we depend on getting centre clearances to score.
We'll get over it, but we have plan B. We need to develop one and quickly.

We now play North, who play well against us, without the man that wins us games (Pittonet). We'll probably have to play Mirkov, no matter how raw he is, because Tom de Koning is not enough, no matter how he tries.

Hopefully, Pittonet isn't too badly hurt, because he is the missing link when we fail.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
Freo are good team that put us under plenty of pressure. We struggled especially to get quality F50 entries and to hold it in there. Freo caught us out too many times with their quick rebound. Plenty of room for improvement especially going forward  but at least we did fight it out to the end.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #11
Very, very poor,  sure a few blokes are missing but it's clear that no Pittonet = no midfield control, difficulty scoring.  Dekonig looks great in patches but his first job is to ruck and he isn't doing it well.   Our defence is a mess - it's too short and the small types simply don't defend.   Williams has a low football IQ, utterly over this bloke.   Up forward we have a plethora of small forwards,  some of which are worse than useless.  Did Fisher get a possession?  We may as well play 4 short.   I'm not seeing much different from last year - same group,  with the same blokes making the same errors and mystifying us with their selections.  Quite frankly,  Voss is starting to look like the emporer with no clothes... Our list is over rated and time to move the journeymen types on.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #12
Longmuire has had 45 games to develop, adjust, tinker with and embed a game plan after trying players, promoting players and putting lines through players. Voss has had 6 games. The cull will come, the execution of the game plan will improve and others will be given a chance. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Reply #13
I don't know about others, but I didn't expect to win. When Pittonet went down, that pretty much confirmed that expectation. We now have games against North and Adelaide and if we win them we'll be 6-2.

Reply #14
Dunno,  I've seen last season and six games this season and Setterfield Williams Fisher Martin Newman and Newnes are still making the same mistakes and have the same deficiencies.  They're not getting better.   So yes. I think we've seen enough to think that maybe Dow,  Motlop, Carroll, Philp might bring something better - they at least have pace because we looked godawfully slow today
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?