Skip to main content
Topic: RD 16 : Carlton v St Kilda (Pre-game Chatter) (Read 66266 times) previous topic - next topic

RD 16 : Carlton v St Kilda (Pre-game Chatter)

Saturday July 13, 19:40 @ Etihad Stadium

Re: RD 16 : Carlton v St Kilda (Pre-game Chatter)

Reply #1
OK so Waite is out and Betts. Menzel kicked a few today in a bad loss so he's in for Eddie. Do you see if Mitchell can cut it? St Kilda lack big backs so his size might prove useful. Or do we bring in Watson for Kosi, hope that Jammo can run with Riewoldt and use Henderson forward?

Reply #2
Watson standing up well today was a positive. Now, if he gets the chance, can he handle Kosi? I think so, but....
Hendo would be good value forward, with no Waite for however long again. But we do need another tall forward.
What to do about Eddie Betts? Menzel has done OK, I guess he gets the chance to step up. That leaves Yazz and the Prince, neither of whom has done anything of late.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Saints are really taking it up to Freo over in the west, they won't be an easy opponent based on this performance.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #4
Saints are showing they ain't going to be a pushover next week.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #5
OK so Waite is out and Betts. Menzel kicked a few today in a bad loss so he's in for Eddie. Do you see if Mitchell can cut it? St Kilda lack big backs so his size might prove useful. Or do we bring in Watson for Kosi, hope that Jammo can run with Riewoldt and use Henderson forward?

Fair summary...Watson and Menzel would be ins for sure IMO and I'd be tempted to play Mitchell and see where he is at...we all know that some players lift for senior games and I'd gamble with Mitchell.
Saints are not that tall down back and Henderson, Mitchell and Casboult might test them.....

Reply #6
This weeks selections will probably tell us a lot about what MM and the MC are thinking about the list going forward. A drubbing in the VFL wouldn't normally warrant major changes but these are exceptional circumstances for the club and coach.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #7
Waite's a decent chance of coming up but I'd still put Henderson forward with Casboult and play Waite as a 3rd tall marking and running forward. Might save the buffeting, hence injury, he gets as a  key position player. Watson to CHB, see how he goes, and play Menzel and Graham.

More running, less tagging. Means better ball movement and by extension much better forward line function.

Reply #8
tuohy jamo watson
gibbs hendo McInnes
simo judd garlett
menzel levi betts
kreuz walker  yarran

Warnock murph  McLean

int from carazzo buckley  Lucas  Cachia

we are forgetting walker did a great job as a ff couple of years ago.
also Kreuz to push deep into fwd line
buckley lucas garlett to provide the run/carry

Reply #9
Whilst I don't think he's earned it yet I think we have to give Mitchell an extended run. The finals are gone for us and we should now find out who can play and who can't.

Watson to be given an extended run, bring in Laidler to see where he's at, play McInness, blood Graham and give a taste to Buckley. I would also play Casboult at FF for an run of games to see how he goes without having to ruck too much. I would move Yarran to rebound out of the back half and also move the Irishman onto a wing to run and carry a bit and perhaps even try him for short stints into the midfield. Anyone who's injured or not 100% we don't play.

Edit: Forgot to add PLAY MENZEL

Reply #10
Whilst I don't think he's earned it yet I think we have to give Mitchell an extended run. The finals are gone for us and we should now find out who can play and who can't.

Watson to be given an extended run, bring in Laidler to see where he's at, play McInness, blood Graham and give a taste to Buckley. I would also play Casboult at FF for an run of games to see how he goes without having to ruck too much. I would move Yarran to rebound out of the back half and also move the Irishman onto a wing to run and carry a bit and perhaps even try him for short stints into the midfield. Anyone who's injured or not 100% we don't play.

Like it. I'd also try Cachia back and Walker forward. If Betts is out, Robbo wins a reprieve.

Cachia Jamison Watson
Tuohy  McInnes Simpson
Yarran Murphy Gibbs
Walker Casboult Garlett
Betts  Henderson Judd

Kreuzer Murphy Carazzo

Mclean, Menzel, Warnock sub: Graham

Reply #11

Stop making sense!!!! :P
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #12

Hendo would be good value forward, with no Waite for however long again. But we do need another tall forward.

Waite has bone bruising only. Is a 50/50 chance this week.

Reply #13

Stop making sense!!!! :P

It's all the drugs I am on - they say it where wear off.......eventually

Reply #14
I really think 2E is ready to have an extended run in the midfield. Reminds me a lot of Brett Ratten early days. He has a strong body, is quick and a beautiful kick. Our lack of small defenders could be stunting his progress IMHO. (Please dont bring Joseph in to play on Milne)
Eat more chooks