Skip to main content
Topic: Casboult to CHB (Read 17090 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Casboult to CHB

Reply #90
Tigers have been using Jack Graham in the middle and rotating him with Martin down forward....I think that will continue as they look to cover for Caddy who is injured.
Got no doubt that when Caddy is back that Martin will spend more time on the ball but I think the Tigers will think they can match our onballers with their other players and
that Nankervis can control the ruck with Kreuzer out. I'm happy to test that thinking and expect Cripps to dominate in the middle and give us superiority and plenty of supply to our tall forwards who have to be aggressive.
McGovern has been quiet in the JLT games but i reckon he can have a big game vs the Tigers and kick a bag...

Please be right EB ????
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #92
Plowman is probably a decent match up for Dusty if he goes forward.

As for Jones having Lynch, Lynch ate him on toast last season the one time they went head to head.

Lynch has Jones for nous, irrespective of speed, physicality etc.

That time we went for that zoning game plan and made it dead easy for Lynch. Time before that, R13, 2017, when we played much closer game style, Jones held him to 10 possessions and goalless. Sadly, that was our 3rd last win.

Reply #93
Wonder how big a risk playing Lynch is? Triggers may be a little worried if they are taking a chance with him?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #94
That time we went for that zoning game plan and made it dead easy for Lynch. Time before that, R13, 2017, when we played much closer game style, Jones held him to 10 possessions and goalless. Sadly, that was our 3rd last win.

Keep in mind, that he was playing for Gold Coast at the time.

As for our zoning game plan against GC last season, I don't buy it.  We had Rowe, Weiters, and Jones all take him at during the game and he cut us up really easily.

The thing about a zone defense, is that you still have people playing man on man in it, you just have extra players coming to each contest.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #95
Keep in mind, that he was playing for Gold Coast at the time.

As for our zoning game plan against GC last season, I don't buy it.  We had Rowe, Weiters, and Jones all take him at during the game and he cut us up really easily.

The thing about a zone defense, is that you still have people playing man on man in it, you just have extra players coming to each contest.

No, what happened was he was often all alone because Jones was off trying to cover another man too.

Reckon 4 of his goals came in this fashion. Another time he outmarked Plowman and another Byrne pushed him in the back....

It's there on Youtube if you want to see it....

He won't play.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #96
I thought I’d throw this one out for discussion. The fact is the guy can move and would be a challenge for any team bombing into their forward 50. Ok, he’s not the most agile, but he ain’t bad and his field kicking is generally ok.

Another benefit would be moving Jones out to the wing, which would mean that I wouldn’t need to bring an oxygen tank to the footy each week as I hold my breath with every kick me takes in D50.

Weitering FB, Casboult CHB and Marchbank third tall.

Food for thought!

Who would have thought?

Reply #97
Who would have thought?

Nice one JD!

There’s nothing better than being proved wrong by one of our players, particularly when it’s the much-maligned Levi. 

I had my heart in my mouth a couple of times when he was looking to switch play but I suspect that he was instructed to go down the line every time he got the pill.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #98
Well, Jones made the switch and is getting better. In time he may make a top FB. Maybe we can do the same with Casboult. At least he won't get out-marked, and his misses won't will us. Certainly the last two weeks have been very positive for Levi and could mean we have the man to take on gorillas.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #99
He's such an assured clean mark down the back that he would need a defensive tall forward to stop him by the looks. He must be so relieved not to have to take shots at goal now that you can see his confidence building.

Reply #100
I was all for trying it, today proved he can do it. If nothing else, it provides another option for us. Good on Levi for embracing it, learning it and executing it for the team.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #101
I was all for trying it, today proved he can do it. If nothing else, it provides another option for us. Good on Levi for embracing it, learning it and executing it for the team.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #102
He's such an assured clean mark down the back that he would need a defensive tall forward to stop him by the looks. He must be so relieved not to have to take shots at goal now that you can see his confidence building.

Agree. That's the most relaxed I ever seen him in a  game! Good on him, great effort.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #103
Agree. That's the most relaxed I ever seen him in a  game! Good on him, great effort.
Remember when Hendo went back for us all those years ago? He was a shambles up fwd, all of a sudden, he goes to the backline and he saw the game differently. With ball in hand, he saw the game differently. Ditto Jones who is in All Australian form, who would have thought.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #104
Casboult did ok but I wouldnt be backing him every week to do similar, be glad to have Jones back vs Cameron, Levi deserves to stay in the team though...