Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 3 Carlton vs Essendon (Read 72388 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015-Rnd 3 Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #75
We shall see Shawny.

Unlike you guys, I don't believe our coach has ever carried a magic potion that turned us into champions.

I also have witnessed a trend.  The boundary is used by the team fighting a team who has the ascendency in games, whilst the team running hot tends to own the corridor.   We have done both thus far.

You need to be able to play in both or you are gone once momentum changes.

A boundary line game against a side that has as many marking talls as the Bombers will be the worst decision in the history of football.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #76
It' feels like I'm waiting to be punched in the face.

With a Mack truck.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #77
Doubt they win a game all year

Reply #78
A boundary line game against a side that has as many marking talls as the Bombers will be the worst decision in the history of football.

Sure, so when a side sets up to own the corridor and push you wide to find space, what do you do to counter it?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #79
Sure, so when a side sets up to own the corridor and push you wide to find space, what do you do to counter it?

I don't know myself but I figure a guy on 1 mill+ should have some idea.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #80
Try running in numbers to draw a player out of position instead of just chipping it left and right continuously. Teams zone with defence and don't go one on one all over the ground. Players need to lead to open the forward 50m, and players need to be prepared to run in numbers to support each other and draw defending players towards them. Thus the corridor eventually opens up. Watch Freo, Sydney, Adelaide and how Essendon do it.

However you need to be prepared to run hard both ways in case of a turnover. Not jog back, but sprint back in numbers too, to defend.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #81
I don't know myself but I figure a guy on 1 mill+ should have some idea.

I think he knows but is having a hard time making our boys do it, particularly without having to tell them when to do things.

Ratten coaching from the boundary line reminds me about how clever our guys can be.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #82
I think he knows but is having a hard time making our boys do it, particularly without having to tell them.

Ratten coaching from the boundary line reminds me about how clever our guys can be.

Yes.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #83
Started playing for draft picks a bit earlier than usual year - sigh

Reply #84

It's a big ground.
Ball movement and spread.

Every team in the league is doing it except us.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #85
I think he knows but is having a hard time making our boys do it, particularly without having to tell them when to do things.

Clarkson did this for a bit, Dimma, Roos. Stupid statement.

The team is too scared to take the game on and not fit enough to implement MM's plan for more than a quarter.

Reply #86
Clarkson did this for a bit, Dimma, Roos. Stupid statement.

The team is too scared to take the game on and not fit enough to implement MM's plan for more than a quarter.

There was talk that Collingwood weren't happy with how fit their players were under Buttifant (could've just been bitter Pies supporters because he left, I dunno). Hopefully there's no truth to it because I'm sick to death of our club hiring the wrong people. Pagan? Hughes? Rogers? Green as a midfield coach? Webster? Buttifant? Malthouse???

Reply #87

Amazing how Mick has all these issues with this side whereas the previous coach got them running quite smoothly. Then again, maybe it's just Mick who is the issue.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #88
2012 happened.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #89
2012 happened.

Since people have such short memories I'm going to have to keep posting this article.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/carlton-hit-by-worst-injury-crisis-in-a-decade-20120725-22qx4.html

CARLTON is fighting its worst injury crisis in a decade as the club attempts to turn last week's win against the Western Bulldogs into a last-gasp run for the finals in the last six rounds.

A review of the club's injury toll this season has revealed the last time Carlton had as many players missing games due to injury was back in 2002 - when it finished with the wooden spoon under Wayne Brittain - and 65 per cent of their injuries this year had been ''collision'', rather than the soft-tissue problems plaguing other clubs such as Essendon.

Carlton has used the second-highest number of players this year (36) of any of the teams still in the hunt for finals - with only three players having played every game - and the extent of the club's injury woes was further underlined this week when key defender Lachie Henderson was ruled out for the rest of the season.

Henderson (groin) joins Jeremy Laidler (knee) and Shaun Hampson (knee) out for the year, and the Blues also have captain Chris Judd (suspended) and forward Andrew Walker (calf) unavailable to round 21, and wingman Kade Simpson (broken jaw) sidelined until round 20, while key forward Jarrad Waite (back) is still yet to resume in the VFL and it is unclear when he will play in the senior team again.

On top of that, ruckman Matthew Kreuzer (hip), midfielder Mitch Robinson (calf) and defender Zach Tuohy (back) still haven't been cleared to play in Saturday night's last-chance dance against Richmond at the MCG, a game the Blues must win to keep their fading September hopes alive.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!