Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 6: Carlton vs Hawthorn in Launceston (Read 26403 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 6: Carlton vs Hawthorn in Launceston

Reply #105
Not sure they have the real sniper types in their team these days. Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell have all gone, Sicily is just aggressively dumb.  They also have a lot of kids. I think we can match them for aggression. Newman, Gibbons, McGovern are all additions who are strong bodies, Levi and Jones can stand up for themselves and others and good luck ragdolling a 204 cm mountain......and the captain plays very, very fairly, but takes no crap. Bolton will know what to expect....so will the players.

Daniel Howe got Cripps last season.....

Reply #108
Fisher.

Broke his leg from memory.
Are people suggesting Howe deliberately broke Zac's leg? Turn it up. Haw go hard at it, I want our blokes to go harder.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #109
It looked pretty deliberate from where I saw it.  Stuck his leg out, not the first time it has resulted in a broken leg.

Then he popped Cripps.  The pr1ck had a busy afternoon.... And we owe the Kent big time.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #110
B
Dale Thomas  Liam Jones  Caleb Marchbank
HB
Nic Newman  Jacob Weitering  Lachie Plowman
C
Marc Murphy  Patrick Cripps  Sam Walsh
HF
Sam Petrevski-Seton  Harry McKay  Lochie O'Brien
F
Michael Gibbons  Mitch McGovern  Ed Curnow
FOL
Matthew Kreuzer  Paddy Dow  Zac Fisher
I/C
Kade Simpson  Levi Casboult  David Cuningham  Jack Silvagni  Jarrod Garlett  Matthew Kennedy  Charlie Curnow  Cameron Polson  (Four to be omitted)
IN
Charlie Curnow David Cuningham Jarrod Garlett Matthew Kennedy

Garrett, Polson, Cuningham and Kennedy to miss, meaning Polson our for Curnow (speculation only!!)

Reply #111
B
Dale Thomas  Liam Jones  Caleb Marchbank
HB
Nic Newman  Jacob Weitering  Lachie Plowman
C
Marc Murphy  Patrick Cripps  Sam Walsh
HF
Sam Petrevski-Seton  Harry McKay  Lochie O'Brien
F
Michael Gibbons  Mitch McGovern  Ed Curnow
FOL
Matthew Kreuzer  Paddy Dow  Zac Fisher
I/C
Kade Simpson  Levi Casboult  David Cuningham  Jack Silvagni  Jarrod Garlett  Matthew Kennedy  Charlie Curnow  Cameron Polson  (Four to be omitted)
IN
Charlie Curnow David Cuningham Jarrod Garlett Matthew Kennedy

Garrett, Polson, Cuningham and Kennedy to miss, meaning Polson our for Curnow (speculation only!!)
Surely the Garlett experiment is over.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #112
Are people suggesting Howe deliberately broke Zac's leg? Turn it up. Haw go hard at it, I want our blokes to go harder.

He tripped ZF in a dangerous / careless fashion, which was intentional. I'm confident he didn't mean to break his leg, but his action risked that outcome.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #113
This is the toughest selection night we've had in 5 or 6 years I'd reckon.

Omit 4 of these:

Cunningham has to play as he was our most important player through preseason and played well against the tigs. Polson, Garlett and Kennedy to miss. Either one of Casboult / SOS / Curnow has to miss out (in my opinion).

Reply #114

From that extended squad there is probably 3 players that people suggest are a bit lucky to be in it. All 3 of them possess one quality that our list seems to be in short supply of, hence their constant inclusion.

Speed.

Garlett, polson and obrien have it and few others do.

A team needs it. Hence one of them is usually in the side, usually making way for one another.

Personally I'd like to give each of them an extended run at it, including garlett as I think they have all shown signs worth persisting with. However, I think it will be a need we address in the off season if possible.

Reply #115
He tripped ZF in a dangerous / careless fashion, which was intentional. I'm confident he didn't mean to break his leg, but his action risked that outcome.

Exactly - there's a reason tripping gets a suspension. It's bl00dy dangerous. When you kick someone's legs when they're running flat out you can quite easily break their leg which is why most players (who aren't complete gutless pr1cks) don't do it.

Reply #116
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2018-07-22/zac-fisher-suffers-leg-injury
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #117
This is the toughest selection night we've had in 5 or 6 years I'd reckon.

Omit 4 of these:

Cunningham has to play as he was our most important player through preseason and played well against the tigs. Polson, Garlett and Kennedy to miss. Either one of Casboult / SOS / Curnow has to miss out (in my opinion).

Gartlett got 7 touches in the VFL so surely he's not playing. The other 7 though, well, it's nice to have depth............finally. Simpson is certain, unless we plan on resting him although being round 6 I doubt it. Don't want 4 tall forwards, means one misses out there, unless Charlie's going into the midfield.

Anyway, there's going to be some unlucky souls missing out. Finally we have a good problem instead of the years of $hitty ones we got used to.

Reply #118
From that extended squad there is probably 3 players that people suggest are a bit lucky to be in it. All 3 of them possess one quality that our list seems to be in short supply of, hence their constant inclusion.

Speed.

Garlett, polson and obrien have it and few others do.

A team needs it. Hence one of them is usually in the side, usually making way for one another.

Personally I'd like to give each of them an extended run at it, including garlett as I think they have all shown signs worth persisting with. However, I think it will be a need we address in the off season if possible.
Having speed is one thing, having awful disposal is another. Also shirks a contest.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #119

The Garlett as a defender experiment seems to be over as he played as a small forward with the NBs.

I don’t believe that he did enough to deserve a recall but I take Kruddler’s point about the need for speed.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball