Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 22: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 11576 times) previous topic - next topic

Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 22: Carlton vs St Kilda

And the winner was_______
I'm at the game. I'll express my frustrations later.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 22: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #1
We should win.  I believe we will.   

Now who said that yesterday?  Oh yeah ... me.  Pardon the bragging.

Reply #2
Winning half season for Teague  6-4.

Good win given the injuries.

Reply #3
Good win.
We like to charge late from behind though don’t we? Just once I’d like to see us start strong, stay well ahead and then finish even stronger.
Shame Sydney won last night, we could have moved up the ladder.

Reply #4
Winning half season for Teague  6-4.

Good win given the injuries.

Yes I agree and the fact that St Kilda are a better side than what the ladder shows. Was very nervous about this game. Huge relief but I tore my hair out the entire game. So close.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #5
Excellent win considering our outs. The boys kept at professionally to grind it out. Fabulous post match scenes. Good to see Daisy have a good game especially.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
What a magnificent coaching effort, today and the last 10 weeks.

He's done it today without one of our key forwards and a key defender who was a late withdrawal, and a group of some fringe players who would struggle to get a game in any of the top four teams.

Yes, the players that took to the field had to deliver and despite a million mistakes, many of them did, but you still have to have the brains and coaching ability to get the win.

The last 10 weeks, were no different than the first 11, from the playing point of view. They still make mistakes, they miss their targets, they miss goals, and they miss tackles.
So essentially, it's the same mob we have had all year.

However, we are later in the season, the knocks and bumps and sore shoulders and groins and other niggles are more pronounced,and we have players who would walk into our best 11 out injured.

Yet, with all that against him, D.T has got them playing way above the level that they were for the first half of the year, and his coaching, and tactical moves have added a dimension to our team that we haven't had in years.

In 65 years of supporting this football club, I have seen the lot. The high's the lows, the in betweens.

I haven't been as excited for our club about the next two years, as I have been since the golden era, 79, 81 and 82. And I was also at the MCG in 68 and 70.

So let's all enjoy the ride together.

We are in the best of hands in David Teague, and I believe that at 38, he has the capacity in time to be recognised as one of,  not only the greatest coach the Carlton Football Club has ever had, but one of the greatest coaches in VFL/AFL history.

I hope time proves me to be correct.

Reply #7
Ok. I didn't expect us to win under such injury duress.
I'm proudly going to eat my words ????????
Nerve wracking but the best type of wins.
Hope our prospective recruits were watching.
The sleeping giant is awakening.

That was a stellar performance.
Effort and belief didn't falter. Some areas were limited but we kept the pressure on.

Love that we won the tackles and CP despite being beaten to at the contest. These are the wins that build belief and contribute to a winning culture.

Congratulations to the boys and coaches.
Thanks to all the Bluebaggers who helped our boys today ????
Shout out to capcom for the spot on prediction.

PS. Daisy to be Rookied. Played such an important role in a backline bereft of key defenders.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #8
Great win, shut up all my Stkilda supporting inlaws who send me texts everytime they beat us....they all have a copy of our theme song on their phones now.
Well done to DT, Daisy who held it together down back and I thought my whipping boy LOB played the best game I have seen him play and I might even give him a vote.
The Krooze train ran parallel with the Teague train and he played a fine last quarter.....

Reply #9
That'll do, Teague. That'll do.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #10
Did it the hard way today beating 21. 

Some of the free kicks that st. Kilda got was rubbish.  How they miss some of the ones we should get is just diabolical.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #11
Just got home, missed everything, time for a trip to Kayo Sports to watch the the finish.

Reply #12
Great win, shut up all my Stkilda supporting inlaws who send me texts everytime they beat us....they all have a copy of our theme song on their phones now.
Well done to DT, Daisy who held it together down back and I thought my whipping boy LOB played the best game I have seen him play and I might even give him a vote.
The Krooze train ran parallel with the Teague train and he played a fine last quarter.....

Yes Kreuz had a great game and I really enjoyed some of those Kroose Missiles he was launching.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #13
Levi, immense.

Newman, revelatory.

Kreuzer's last quarter, match-winning. Shades of Ali v. Foreman from the Rumble in the Jungle as Marshall led him a merry dance for most of the match. The wily ol' bugger let the young colt tire himself out then put him down for the count in the last.

Daisy, vale - or, as the pretentious class are now saying - "vah-lay".

Murph, can't believe this is the same guy I've been potting for the last few years. Suddenly he's able to land the ball on a sixpence while off balance and blindfolded.

Plowman, courageous.  In fact, no-one took a backward step today. Teague seems to have the players believing in themselves.  They're not hanging their heads when they make those clangers.  Gutsy win today.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #14
@ ivanbigawful
Marchbank typo?
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.