Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game Banter: AFL 2020 Rd 14: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 11601 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game Banter: AFL 2020 Rd 14: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #105
A scratch match today that included OBrien, Owies and Cunningham means that they aren’t playing on Sunday, but Dow wasn’t mentioned so it looks like he will be at least an emergency. Why aren’t Sunday teams out yet??  They are normally finalized by 5 pm.. ..

Reply #106
A scratch match today that included OBrien, Owies and Cunningham means that they aren’t playing on Sunday, but Dow wasn’t mentioned so it looks like he will be at least an emergency. Why aren’t Sunday teams out yet??  They are normally finalized by 5 pm.. ..

Good question, thought the same thing.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #107
Is this our biggest game in 7 years?

Reply #108
Strange that Cunningham isn't playing. I thought we've really missed him. We're really short one speed.

Reply #109
The Filth are running him into the ground as are Melb with Gawn, we think Cripps is banged up, Cripps is pristine compared to Grundy and Gawn. If we go with one ruckman, we are playing right into their hands. We need TDK and Pitto to absolutely work him over something ferocious.

I can't see us taking in 2 rucks. Especially if Gov is fit. Bloody tough selection this week though. Kennedy is fit again, Dow needs to be picked- good problem to have but what a logjam we'd have if everyone was fit!

Reply #110
The Filth are running him into the ground as are Melb with Gawn, we think Cripps is banged up, Cripps is pristine compared to Grundy and Gawn. If we go with one ruckman, we are playing right into their hands. We need TDK and Pitto to absolutely work him over something ferocious.
Agree - we need to tag team him. Pitto with the muscle and TDK with the aerobics.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #111
At 5:06 pm on a Saturday, am I missing something... like the teamsheet for a game less than 24 hours away????,

Reply #112
At 5:06 pm on a Saturday, am I missing something... like the teamsheet for a game less than 24 hours away????,
Ridiculous isnt it?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #113
Polson Dow in Samo Cottrell out
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #114
I like the in of Dow but not sure what is going on with Polson when we could have welcomed Kennedy or Cunningham back.

Pies look a lot stronger with Stevenson, Mihocek, Brown etc

Selection made this game a little harder

Reply #115
I like the in of Dow but not sure what is going on with Polson when we could have welcomed Kennedy or Cunningham back.
I suspect we are concerned about the Filth's leg speed, Kennedy wouldn't help address that.

I presume SPS never got up after that hit last week, Cottrell is a bit stiff and Williamson a bit lucky but I do like Williamson.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #116
I suspect we are concerned about the Filth's leg speed, Kennedy wouldn't help address that.

I presume SPS never got up after that hit last week, Cottrell is a bit stiff and Williamson a bit lucky but I do like Williamson.
Injury or not, I am happy to see SPS out.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #117
Wtf would we play Polson in this. Isn’t this one of our biggest games in years?

Dow is enough of a risk to bring in this week let alone Polson!!!

Pies have brought in players to make them stronger we have inclusions which could severely affect how we play.

All we need now is a late change and Lang to come in.

Reply #118
Wtf would we play Polson in this. Isn’t this one of our biggest games in years?
I think it's obvious, Polson will get a crack at tagging Adams as Ed can't keep up with Adams on the spread, and neither can our other taggers.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #119
Not sure I would have played two inexperienced players who dont use the ball well in both Dow and Polson at the same time but
there must be some plan behind their inclusions so you have to back the coach in and see how both players are used.
Pies look a bit stronger with their ins but still have too many key players out IMO and I'm still tipping a 3 goal win..