Skip to main content
Topic: KAYO (Read 17433 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: KAYO

Reply #15
What is the screen size? Is it full size, or reduced to 7 inch as the AFL one is.

I use it on my laptop and HDMI it to the TV, thats full screen. My TVs browser doesn't support it for some reason (TV is probably 3 years old).

Reply #16
Do we know how much afl will be on it?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #17
 Thanks for posting guys...  although this is a Foxtel streaming service, it’s not branded as Foxtel... i’d also imagine that there is less chance of an Optus-style World Cup debacle as they are not going to be exclusively showing live events?

I’d be interested to see how it goes when one of the Foxtel exclusive cricket matches is on... and what is the picture quality like on a TV?

Reply #18
You can get three logins for $35 a month, so we each pay $35 every three months. Handed the reigns over to my 18 year old, who was doubtful that it would lag ect. Bought a chromecast and he thinks it's brilliant. AFAIK anything you can view on your phone can be played through the chromecast. Actually will have more sports than foxtel. GOODBYE Foxtel as I can watch most horse races through the betting sites which can be played through the Chromecast

Reply #19
Do we know how much afl will be on it?

It has all the foxtel sports channels, including AFL channel.

So that means, ALL OF IT.

If there are ever 2 games at once, foxtel just shoves one of the games onto one of the fox sports channels, so you will be able to catch every single game live.

Reply #20
This is what I've been waiting for to watch footy. I was just about persuaded to get Foxtel Now for the footy but no need now. Kayo will cost me less than half of that for 2 logins - great! I just haven't had the time this week to get into it but hopefully next week.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #21
This is what I've been waiting for to watch footy. I was just about persuaded to get Foxtel Now for the footy but no need now. Kayo will cost me less than half of that for 2 logins - great! I just haven't had the time this week to get into it but hopefully next week.

There is also a 2 week FREE trial period

Reply #22
There is also a 2 week FREE trial period

Which i am 1 week into, tomorrow.

Since signing up for it, i have booked/ordered/bought the necessary equipment and services to give foxtel the flick for good.

I currently have foxtel for ADSL and TV.

I have booked NBN (coming monday) - bye bye foxtel internet
I have bought fetch TV mighty box (to be used as to pause live tv and record multiple shows) - bye bye foxtel IQ box
I have (obviously) started the kayo TV trial, which will roll over into a running contract for sports - bye bye foxtel TV.

So this time next week, i expect foxtel to be banished from my house for good.....and have more money in my pocket because of it.  ;D

Reply #23
Have we passed Peak Foxtel??  :o

Reply #24
Which i am 1 week into, tomorrow.

Since signing up for it, i have booked/ordered/bought the necessary equipment and services to give foxtel the flick for good.

I currently have foxtel for ADSL and TV.

I have booked NBN (coming monday) - bye bye foxtel internet
I have bought fetch TV mighty box (to be used as to pause live tv and record multiple shows) - bye bye foxtel IQ box
I have (obviously) started the kayo TV trial, which will roll over into a running contract for sports - bye bye foxtel TV.

So this time next week, i expect foxtel to be banished from my house for good.....and have more money in my pocket because of it.  ;D

Sounds like the way to go.

I have Netflix, etc but have never been tempted by Foxtel.  KAYO sounds like it is a better option.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #25
Have we passed Peak Foxtel??  :o

Tried last month to get rid of Foxtel as I got a free Premium month when I changed internet providers. This worked out well as I was off work with my knee
After the month I tried to give it back. They convinced me to be on an uncontrated $10 a month pack with about 10 channels and 5 free movie downloads.
After that month I rang up again and said while $10 is nothing I don't really use it and I really only used it for Sky Racing
The 2nd time it took half an hour to cancel it and even at the 11th hour he offered me $19.99 for mainly the racing channels
I think they are starting to feel some competition
BetEasy have free races plus free NBA live streaming..........PLUS FREE MONEy but that's for another thread

Reply #26
So a little update for those interested.

NBN is sorted. Speeds are not great, but thats because its fttn. Still its an improvement on what i had, and its $5 cheaper a month.

Fetch TV has arrived and seems to do everything the foxtel IQ box does, plus can control the TV. 30 free movies to watch, on a rolling rotation, so you lose a movie a day, and get a new movie every day. Available for $1 a month, unlimited viewing. You can watch netflix and stan through that if you have a subscription.

Kayo sports works well with the NBN. I had a split screen with 4 channels streaming at once, HDMI'd to my TV and was in heaven.

Unfortunately, Kayo sports cannot be used on fetch, and thus, cannot record channels.

Looking for a workaround on that and open for ideas.

Reply #27
So a little update for those interested.

NBN is sorted. Speeds are not great, but thats because its fttn. Still its an improvement on what i had, and its $5 cheaper a month.

Fetch TV has arrived and seems to do everything the foxtel IQ box does, plus can control the TV. 30 free movies to watch, on a rolling rotation, so you lose a movie a day, and get a new movie every day. Available for $1 a month, unlimited viewing. You can watch netflix and stan through that if you have a subscription.

Kayo sports works well with the NBN. I had a split screen with 4 channels streaming at once, HDMI'd to my TV and was in heaven.

Unfortunately, Kayo sports cannot be used on fetch, and thus, cannot record channels.

Looking for a workaround on that and open for ideas.

Interesting K, thanks for the update.

You've ended up with a similar set up to me but with different kit. I have a Telstra TV (Roku Android) with all the apps such as Kayo, Netflix, SBS OnDemand etc etc plus a  Humax PVR through which I can watch and record (using ICEtv)  live tv (you can watch live tv on the Telstra TV but not record it). The Humax has some apps but I think they are gradually being phased out. All of this is connected in to my LED TV and soundbar. Works very well and I don't have any streaming issues (NBN not yet available and still on the old Telstra cable service}. I also have an old Apple TV which works but is hardly ever used these days. I haven't had time to explore the joys of Kayo yet but I'm looking forward to giving it a good workout in the JLT series.

I'd be surprised if there would be a way of recording from Kayo but if you find it I'd like to know. Maybe via some sort of output from the tv set?

Reply #28
I'd be surprised if there would be a way of recording from Kayo but if you find it I'd like to know. Maybe via some sort of output from the tv set?

Limited inputs on the fetch box. No antenna output on the foxtel box, which was my attempt at a workaround.

No immediate solutions presenting themselves.

Not a HUGE issue as kayo allows you to watch stuff that isn't currently live, but not everything that is live, ends up being allowed to be replayed....NFL for one. You have to watch that live or not at all. Of course, live is usually am hours on works days, which isn't really an option for anyone who has a job.

Fingers crossed that fetch adds kayo sports app availability as it has with Stan and Netflix...but even then, not sure that will help.

Reply #29
Just discovered a bug in the Telstra TV (Roku) app for Kayo. When watching a replay the audio and vision gradually drift out of synch. Does not appear to be a problem on live shows and looks like it is specifjc to this platform. Seems OK on PC and Android tablet. Apparently app developers (Foxtel) are working on a fix.