Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 VFL Rd 20: Northern Blues vs Sandringham (Read 6836 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 VFL Rd 20: Northern Blues vs Sandringham

Reply #16
Northern Blues   3.3-21   5.7-37   9.8-62   13.8-86
Sandringham   1.2-8   2.4-16   5.6-36   7.10-52

That is impressive in anyone's language. 4 out of the last 5 games, and the only one we lost we had no midfield for.

NORTHERN BLUES
Goal Kickers: L. Casboult 2, J. Glass-McCasker 2, P. Kerr 2, J. Velissaris, E. Penrith, S. Fisher, A. Schumacher, C. McDaid, J. Palmer, J. Pickett
Best Players: J. Hill, M. Shaw, L. Casboult, C. O''Shea, T. Wilson, S. Fisher

SANDRINGHAM
Goal Kickers: J. Haidon, J. Noone, M. Weller, H. Mclean, B. Seccull, R. Connellan, K. Owens
Best Players: H. Clark, B. Seccull, L. Dunstan, H. Mclean, K. Answerth, K. Owens
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #17
J. Hill (22 disposals, 12 marks)
M. Shaw (20 disposals)
L. Casboult (13 disposals, 6 marks, 2 goals, 28 HOs)
C. O'Shea (23 disposals, 9 tackles)
T. Wilson (32 disposals, 12 clearances)
S. Fisher (26 disposals, 5 inside 50s, 1 goal)

Wilson 32, Fisher 26, O'Shea 23, Hill 22, Shaw 20, Schumacher 16, Keppel 14
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #18
Good to see Casboult increasing his trade currency!!????

Reply #19
NB's having a good run. Good to see Hill get some touches. Gee how consistent, at least in terms of his numbers, is Fisher.
I hope they've got a close eye on him for a Rookie spot. Wouldn't want to let that fish get away now would we????. I'll show myself out.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #20
Was that the young Irishman's first goal?
Henry Ford.

Reply #21
NB's having a good run. Good to see Hill get some touches. Gee how consistent, at least in terms of his numbers, is Fisher.
I hope they've got a close eye on him for a Rookie spot. Wouldn't want to let that fish get away now would we????. I'll show myself out.

:)) :)) :)) champagne comedy...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #23
I'm pretty sure it is.

Always a fine moment that. Good luck to young McCaid. I hope he gets his body right and kicks a major in the big league some day.
Henry Ford.

Reply #24
Anyone seen JGM play forward?
Is he a chance to do a Jones?
Henry Ford.

Reply #25
Is a reverse Jones a Glass-McCasker?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #27
Anyone seen JGM play forward?
Is he a chance to do a Jones?
The only time I've seen JGM play forward until 2 weeks ago was last year against the U18's. JGM actually looked better as a forward than he has a defender. I was hoping that we would persevere with it, but it never happened. We had too many tall defenders out and needed him down back.
At this point I think it is too little too late: I think his papers are done. But, who knows? Stranger things have happened.

Whether we keep him or not, we MUST recruit a kid to be the next tall defender. I don't want to depend on Weitering when Rowe, Alex Silvagni and Jones go. I can't see Marchbank doing the job at this time. But that is another tale.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #28
The only time I've seen JGM play forward until 2 weeks ago was last year against the U18's. JGM actually looked better as a forward than he has a defender. I was hoping that we would persevere with it, but it never happened. We had too many tall defenders out and needed him down back.
At this point I think it is too little too late: I think his papers are done. But, who knows? Stranger things have happened.

Whether we keep him or not, we MUST recruit a kid to be the next tall defender. I don't want to depend on Weitering when Rowe, Alex Silvagni and Jones go. I can't see Marchbank doing the job at this time. But that is another tale.

Macreadie?

Reply #29
Macreadie?
I think we had Macreadie tagged to play further up the ground: with his attributes, he could play almost anywhere. I'd LIKE to think he could develop into that role in time: I just don't see him as a 'gorilla'.
The other questions: is he going to get back onto the field enough? I hope so.
Live Long and Prosper!