Skip to main content
Topic: Looked familiar? (Read 3466 times) previous topic - next topic

Looked familiar?

Did anyone else think that Cameron Wood strongly resembled Barnaby French in the game against the roos. Similar haircut, size, shape and running action.

And while we are on the subject, he doesn't look like him but the way Blaine Johnson moves reminds me a lot of Simon Beaumont.

Re: Looked familiar?

Reply #1
Oh dear Simon Beaumont? Please no. Though he did amazingly kick 8 goals in a half against the Pies. Geez we were flying back in those days.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
Come to think of it, Wood did move a bit like Bananaby. That is frightening!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Oh dear Simon Beaumont? Please no. Though he did amazingly kick 8 goals in a half against the Pies. Geez we were flying back in those days.
I would have thought that half of footy only proved that the Pies tanked.  Remember that Tony Shaw did something rare in modern footy - he stayed on as caretaker coach after it was clear he wouldn't coach the following year.  He left Luke Mullens (?) on Beaumont for the 1st half even though it was clear he was a bad match-up.  And once the game was gone at half-time, he moved someone else onto Beaumont.  That's not a criticism of Beaumont.  He maximised his opportunities that day and all you can do is beat your opponent.  The good thing about that tanking was that it didn't do them much good.  Josh Fraser wasn't the messiah.  Their tanking was far more effective when their recent successive grand final side sank to the bottom and snaffled Daisy and Pendlebury and a few years later took out the premiership. 

Reply #4
Sheesh good memory much Mav? I was working at the Cabrini at the time and I used to sneak into the laundry room where there was a radio that had awful reception but you could just make out what was going on lol.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #5
Did anyone else think that Cameron Wood strongly resembled Barnaby French in the game against the roos. Similar haircut, size, shape and running action.

Well if he does then he will be an upgrade on Warnock in terms of effort and output!
The Force Awakens!