Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter) (Read 115355 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter)

Reply #75
I wouldnt be dropping Casboult.  He has been a good finals performer for the Northern blues and seems to have good form against Richmond.

Maric would have nightmares thinking of running into casboult the way Levi was able to outmuscle him.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #76
Feck anyone who isn't happy we are playing finals. Feck 'em too if you think we shouldn't be playing.
Too right, you have every right to hold that opinion, I just feel sorry for you if you do.

I love this team. I might b1tch about them too often, I might fast forward too many bad quarters of play and I might throw too many things at the tv when they miss set shot after set shot at goal. But they are MY team, and I look forward to watching them play every week, and despite what I might outwardly say about our chances of winning any game, I secretly believe in my heart that can can win if they only...

so yeah, feck you... I'll be watching, I'll be cheering, I'll be as excited as a kid waking up on Christmas morning. If we lose I might b1tch and moan some more, but like you, I have a right to do so.

Come on boys, "...we''ll keep our end up!"

Reply #77
BTW... Menzel must play.
This guy will be a gun, and if we can get 1 or god forbid 2 finals games into him, the experience will be invaluable.

Reply #78
I have to agree, as much as I called him everything for his useless kicking abilities yet again yesterday, I think Casboult needs to be in to match up  against the Tiges.

He obviously can't kick, so let's just leave him at FF in the square - don't come out, don't run up to CHF, don't go anywhere, just take one of Richmond's big boys out of the game and hope we can snag a couple with his marking ability!

C'mon Blues, here's another opportunity to make a mess of these finals - no one wanted us in there for that reason!

C'mon!

Reply #79
I assume you don't extend this attitude to other aspects of your life otherwise you would have killed yourself by now. So why view your football club like this?

Are you 13?
I haven't enjoyed football this season for a number of reasons, one of them is that imo my football club has gone backwards.
Making up numbers in the finals gives me no satisfaction, especially when we were not in the best 8 sides to play this year and if we wanted to be honest it would be very easy to mount an argument that we were not in the best 9 sides this year.

I am not trying to take away from others joy, I am saying I get no joy out of this season and this finals series and i will be doing something other than listening to or watching the football next Sunday, because at the moment I could not give a crap.
Now thank goodness I don't seek your permission to be quite flat about my team this year, I have followed them long enough to have a right to feel however I like about this season and I have stated how that is.

You say you are not trying to take away from others joy yet come on the Carlton SUPPORTERS Club forum to question the confidence of other supporters towards their team and outline reasons to view the teams chances in an entirely negative light. And you question my maturity? Strange behaviour from someone who claims not to give a crap.

Of course you have the right to feel however you like and more than enough reason to be quite flat about your team but you and your misery have come to the wrong place in pursuit of company. So while I will be at the 'G on Sunday cheering my lungs out in support of the Club I love, win or lose, I will spare a thought for you and genuinely hope that whatever it is that you wind up doing is as rewarding as I know my experience will be.

Reply #80
BTW... Menzel must play.
This guy will be a gun, and if we can get 1 or god forbid 2 finals games into him, the experience will be invaluable.

I reckon this guy will be gem.

He did some super clever/skilful things against Port when the heat was on.

His run up to goal needs to be addressed!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #81
Feck anyone who isn't happy we are playing finals. Feck 'em too if you think we shouldn't be playing.
Too right, you have every right to hold that opinion, I just feel sorry for you if you do.

I love this team. I might b1tch about them too often, I might fast forward too many bad quarters of play and I might throw too many things at the tv when they miss set shot after set shot at goal. But they are MY team, and I look forward to watching them play every week, and despite what I might outwardly say about our chances of winning any game, I secretly believe in my heart that can can win if they only...

so yeah, feck you... I'll be watching, I'll be cheering, I'll be as excited as a kid waking up on Christmas morning. If we lose I might b1tch and moan some more, but like you, I have a right to do so.

Come on boys, "...we''ll keep our end up!"

Love it !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #82
I suspect Casboult will retain  his spot, primarily because the NBs haven't played and Rowe has been just as poor over the last couple of weeks, unless of course Laidler get the miracle nod!

But Meat better start playing more like Tarzan inside F50 and far less like Jane out on the wing or this final could be the end for his Carlton career! He needs to be clunking marks or brining the ball to ground in and around the goal square.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #83
That's a ridiculous post. He might not have the best skills but Casboult goes the hardest of any of our big men.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #84
So - which Blues team will turn up this weekend??? They have been schizophrenic all year, and the weekend was just another well documented episode.

Despite the potential harm to my mental health I have already booked flights to come down and watch them. As much as they have disappointed me with some of their play during the year, a final at the MCG against the Tigers cannot be missed.

If we get Judd, McLean and Scotland back, and Kruzuer & Waite produce after a quiet weekend we are a real big show. The Tigers have all the pressure on them, and are a big chance to get stage fright. Add to that Newman and Reiwoldt are both under an injury cloud.

C'mon boys, give us something after a year of so much dissapointment! A win aginst the Tigers this weekend and all will be forgiven!!!

Reply #85
So - which Blues team will turn up this weekend??? They have been schizophrenic all year, and the weekend was just another well documented episode.

Despite the potential harm to my mental health I have already booked flights to come down and watch them. As much as they have disappointed me with some of their play during the year, a final at the MCG against the Tigers cannot be missed.

If we get Judd, McLean and Scotland back, and Kruzuer & Waite produce after a quiet weekend we are a real big show. The Tigers have all the pressure on them, and are a big chance to get stage fright. Add to that Newman and Reiwoldt are both under an injury cloud.

C'mon boys, give us something after a year of so much dissapointment! A win aginst the Tigers this weekend and all will be forgiven!!!

info:

Elimination Final 2
Home Club Logo
Casey Scorpions
5.2-32
FINAL
Away Club Logo
Northern Blues
21.19-145

Reply #87
I'd be keeping Casboult in the team.....he cant kick but everynow and then he kicks one he shouldnt and has that bit of X factor about him...has some physical presence and I'm all for giving kids like him and Menzel finals experience.
The latter needs to play and do well or we might end up with Didak...he had 24 possies and was one of the Pies best vs North and Mick might have got interested in him after watching that game...hoping Menzel kicks a few vs the Tigers.

Reply #88
After listening to MM's after match presser I wonder what he thinks of Casboult?

The question of Casboult's kicking was raised and MM seemed resigned to the fact that it would be difficult to correct his fundamental technique, as it would be in any player of his age. He did seem to think that something could be done to work through the problem though - not sure what he meant.

Bottom line was that he didn't seem too phased and maybe Casboult is safe fo Sunday - he seemed a lot more concerned about Kreuzer's performance.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #89
Kreuzer's performance very concerning. Really needs to step it up a notch this weekend, would be good to not need Warnock and have Kreuzer ruck the majority, otherwise I'd be dropping Kreuzer if he's not fit anough to ruck the entire game.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!