Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter) (Read 115375 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter)

Reply #165
WTF you are joking? Surely members would want to go to this game?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #167

Not that surprised. We don't play that nice a football, our members are probably expecting us to get smashed and tickets were $75+.

Reply #168

Not surprising.  After the Essendon saga Carlton have ended up the big losers.  Those fans that abandoned us at the beginning of the dark years apear to have dumped AFL footy.  Our crowd figures have been ordinary all season with only 53 000 going to the game vs Essendon.

Many dont think we deserve to be there and are not going.

We might have more AFL members that will go.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #169
Yeah but fk, I reckon we are boring as well and I'm unhappy about the way we play but it sure as hell wont stop me from rocking up to a final at the G on a Sunday this is what we exist for.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #170
I'm going - I've got my tickets - and hopefully I will witness a bedraggled, beaten and broken Tiger Army leaving the MCG in as much disarray as when Napolean's army left Moscow. To the other Carlton members and supporters who are all mealy mouthed about the Mighty Blues at the moment, this is what you can miss out on if you don't turn up. We are not expected to win so it is all upside for me.

Reply #171
So whereabouts have people gotten their seats for the game (as in bay number)? Reason I ask is that I've got a couple of mates thinking of getting some eBay tickets, but don't wanna be purchasing seats right in the middle of a Richmond bay stronghold, so if I can gauge where Carlton members have been allocated seats, it'll help me be able to pinpoint a bay where there's at least a few Carlton supporters for them to be sitting near.....thanks people!!!

Apparently more tickets will be made available on Thursday from unused club allocations. Yesterday 12,000 Carlton members purchased tickets compared to 26,000 Richmond fans. They will outnumber us 2-1 on Sunday.
Bring it!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #172
So whereabouts have people gotten their seats for the game (as in bay number)? Reason I ask is that I've got a couple of mates thinking of getting some eBay tickets, but don't wanna be purchasing seats right in the middle of a Richmond bay stronghold, so if I can gauge where Carlton members have been allocated seats, it'll help me be able to pinpoint a bay where there's at least a few Carlton supporters for them to be sitting near.....thanks people!!!

Apparently more tickets will be made available on Thursday from unused club allocations. Yesterday 12,000 Carlton members purchased tickets compared to 26,000 Richmond fans. They will outnumber us 2-1 on Sunday.
Bring it!

I am going but in the MCC, yet I am a club member. So my ticket would not be counted amongst the 12,000. These numbers are never a true reflection.
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #173
I am going but in the MCC, yet I am a club member. So my ticket would not be counted amongst the 12,000. These numbers are never a true reflection.

Same here, a lot of Carlton fans will be in the MCC members side of the ground.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #174
Those figures came from a Richmond official so they might not be accurate.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #175

Same here, a lot of Carlton fans will be in the MCC members side of the ground.

I'm CFC and MCC member but I'm sitting nin the AFL members so there you go! :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #176
I'm CFC and MCC member but I'm sitting nin the AFL members so there you go! :P

Well La De Da!

As for the Nthmond figures, Mick Molloy said he was going that accounts for a lot of seats.

His ar5e takes up one whole bay and his head another!

Also they had to book seats for the band to celebrate their premiership, talk about getting ahead of themselves!

One thing is for sure, you do not want to be near the Nthmond players race as they trudged off after the loss. Not unless you fancy a quick shower, coach Hardwick will learn the meaning of gob that day I tell you!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #177
KB is annoying me with his hyper love of the tigers and hatred for us...we have to win to shut him up.....

Reply #178
We all know it's going to be Bootsma that comes in for Kreuzer if he gets dropped.... right?

We have the track record at the MC :P
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #179
KB is annoying me with his hyper love of the tigers and hatred for us...we have to win to shut him up.....

Yep he was crowing about them resting players and winning by 96 points the other day.  He loves trying to wind up Carlton fans.

In reality, even he knows that its not going to happen and is simply doing it to be contraversial.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson