Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter) (Read 115345 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter)

Reply #195
Finally got around to watching the replay tonight. There's no way Duigan would get dropped on that performance surely?
Interesting Brettie. The other night, on Talking Footy when MM was on, Carey had a crack at doing the Ins and Outs. He had Judd, McClean, Caccia, cant remember the other one In. He had Duigan, McInnes, Bell and Ellard Out. MM looked at the outs, pointed to them and said to Carey "Hang on, dunno about the outs, one put us in front, one was as tuff as a cats head..." I assume he meant Bell and Duigan. He then said MC hadnt met and no decisions were made. I would doubt Duigan will be out.

......and Swan was on KB's show Monday saying all three of Judd, McLean and Scotland would play.

Everything said during the week is just for the media. We'll find out when they run out I reckon.

IMO i'd say neither Judd nor McLean will play. Medial ligament and  a quad? they are not two week injuries.
Tend to agree, as I said in another thread, dont want a sub in the 1st or 2nd or the game is shot. We have subbed 9 times due to injury in the 1st or 2nd qtrs this year, we have lost every one of those games.

Yep - for mine, if McLean plays especially, advantage Richmond. One week out with a quad....purlease.....

I can believe Juddy is on the cusp, but like McLean, the Scotland quad is a concern.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #196
Stats dont tell the whole of any story. Yep, they tell part of a story, but rarely all of it.
If you think he was amongst the 3 or 4 worst wearing blue, then thats cool, but I'll disagree, I had him in the top 10... Stats or no stats.

Reply #197
Finally got around to watching the replay tonight. There's no way Duigan would get dropped on that performance surely?
Interesting Brettie. The other night, on Talking Footy when MM was on, Carey had a crack at doing the Ins and Outs. He had Judd, McClean, Caccia, cant remember the other one In. He had Duigan, McInnes, Bell and Ellard Out. MM looked at the outs, pointed to them and said to Carey "Hang on, dunno about the outs, one put us in front, one was as tuff as a cats head..." I assume he meant Bell and Duigan. He then said MC hadnt met and no decisions were made. I would doubt Duigan will be out.

......and Swan was on KB's show Monday saying all three of Judd, McLean and Scotland would play.

Everything said during the week is just for the media. We'll find out when they run out I reckon.

IMO i'd say neither Judd nor McLean will play. Medial ligament and  a quad? they are not two week injuries.
Tend to agree, as I said in another thread, dont want a sub in the 1st or 2nd or the game is shot. We have subbed 9 times due to injury in the 1st or 2nd qtrs this year, we have lost every one of those games.

Yep - for mine, if McLean plays especially, advantage Richmond. One week out with a quad....purlease.....

I can believe Juddy is on the cusp, but like McLean, the Scotland quad is a concern.

Tend to agree here.
Judd is worth the risk, and I truly believe that Judd is professional enough to not put himself forward if he didn't think he was right.
While the other 2 would be great ins, I don't think they are high enough reward to take the risk... Certainly not both anyway.

Reply #198
It will be a hard battle on Saturday.  We had luck when we beat them last time - although kicking a lot of points.

I am not sure we are good enough where bodies are thrown in seeking advantage with the loose ball.

It will be an interesting match.

Bell did some good things last week, but is under-skilled in top company.

I am not sure what Mick is working with the rucks. We do not get enough advantage from our dominance and Kreuzer is a little at sea in the forward line.

Why was Levi in the team last week - with the other two rucking?

We have some good boys, but the team is not settled enough to go that much further forward.

I think we will beat the Tigers - but could go either way.

Reply #199
Judd plays Lance Whitnall played in Braddle's 350th after doing his medial ligament a few weeks earlier, yeah it was a risk but he got through fine. I guess Juddy's at that stage of his career where the rewards outweigh the risk.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #200
Anyone going down to training tomorrow? Judd will almost certainly be named IMO, whether he plays though...

Reply #201
Anyone going down to training tomorrow? Judd will almost certainly be named IMO, whether he plays though...
Thinking about it, what time is the session?
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #202
I think they having something Saturday as well with BBQ going ect.  I believe Sat is from 10am

Reply #203
Dunno whether its already been said but MM's presssers are giving me the crapes!!
Fancy coming out and saying........
"we deserve to be in the finals" and using the past 15 rounds as eveidence that we're better than Port???? ??? :o

Would much prefer he came out and said
"Yep. We dont deserve to be here but circumstances as they are....here we are. AND while we're at it we're going to try to make the most out of it and give every team a run for their money depending on how far we can go"

Geez, to win a final would really peeve Ess off.....but to win maybe 2?????? 
I'd better stop........I'm getting that warm sensation in my pants ! ;)

FWIW, we dont deserve to be here. Players should earn the right to participate in finals and our clubs performances this year simply dont warrant it. Would be just lovely for them to be a nuisance thou!!
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #204
The ladder position warrants it, it is a top 8 after all and we lost two games to a side with a clear PED advantage, I say we should be there, albeit making up the numbers.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #205
Which team did deserve that 8th spot? Essendon certainly doesn't and we have a better claim on that spot than anyone else.

Take your opportunities, I say. Win a final and that's a pretty good season. Plus Richmond will squeal which would warm my heart. Get a spanking and it's going to be a long preseason.

Reply #207
We're in a beautiful spot, honestly.

No one thinks we deserve to be there, everyone expects Richmond to pants us after their best season in 10+ years, there is absolutely no expectation of us winning from the media or football public, in fact there's nothing good at all being said about us in the press.

Whereas Richmond carry the weight of the world on their shoulders, they've finished 5th on merit and, as I said above, absolutely everyone expects them to beat us, and they're buying into their own hype at every level from the supporters through to the coach in his media conferences. They are paying us absolutely no respect whatsoever.

Couple that with the fact that 99% of the Richmond list have never been exposed to Finals Footy. Most of our guys have and know what it takes to lift and even win a final.

We are firmly the underdog here in almost everyone's eyes, which is where I like us sitting and where we seem to play our best football.

We also had a FAR better lead up to Finals footy in Round 23 courtesy of our pressure cooker match against Port compared to the limp noodle performance Essendon put up against Richmond in a game that meant nothing. It was virtually NAB Cup pressure out there in that game.

Oh, and just to add a little more fuel to the fire, we came from behind to beat Richmond the last time we played them, which was only 3 weeks ago!

It's almost a perfect storm and I haven't had a positive feeling like this about an upcoming game for us all season. I'm picturing tidal waves, earthquakes, and nuclear meltdown at Punt Road by about 6pm on Sunday.

Carlton by 54 points.
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #208
Don't know about your winning margin Nathbear, but I appreciate the logic behind your post.

As I stated previously in this thread, this is a very winnable game for us. Very winnable. No delusions or pretensions at all in saying that. Of all the finalists, the Tiggies are the ones that are very easily within our grasp.

Reply #209
Brettie has written us off, and declared it is Betts last game.

So I can only conclude Blues by ten(10) goals and Betts contracted for three years!
The Force Awakens!