Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter) (Read 115354 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter)

Reply #210
Brettie has written us off, and declared it is Betts last game.

So I can only conclude Blues by ten(10) goals and Betts contracted for three years!

Bless Brettie...booking my flights to Sydney now.

Reply #211
Yeah but then you have Nath doing a KB and jinxing the fk out of us calling a 9 goal victory. Let's just stay quiet don't mess with the jinx lords leave that to KB.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #212
Yeah but then you have Nath doing a KB and kinxing the fk out of us calling a 9 goal victory. Let's just stay quiet don't mess with the jinx lords leave that to KB.

Haha good point, I'll try to reign in my enthusiasm.

Been grinning all week at work so far, pretty sure my staff think I've been sneaking off for 'top ups' throughout each day.

Next week they'll either think I'm the moodiest bastard on Earth, or they'll be telling me I need to buy pants that are looser in a few key areas.
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #213
A Brettie beats a Nathbear hands down.

A Brettie can only be beaten by a Navy Andrew, or a JTG in combination with one of any other!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #214
What time is kick off?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #215
I have state home brew beer comp judging in the morning. Might just continue the boozing into the arvo to enjoy this one.

Reply #216
320pm either gonna be a great Monday back at work or an awful one. Amazing how September footy can shape your life.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #217
Murph and MM coming up on AFL 360 tonight!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #219
I have state home brew beer comp judging in the morning.
Where abouts Raven?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #220
I have state home brew beer comp judging in the morning.
Where abouts Raven?

How stupid am I .

I've been looking at a new hobby been thinking about learning a language or an instrument or going back to golf, but never thought of becoming a home brewing superstar !!!

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #221
They just said the usual stuff looking forward to the game etc. etc.. Mick said our strengths are the ability to swing key position players and the fact that the midfield isn't entirely reliant on just a few players. He said we have the ability to play one or two taggers. Also said they pick the side to counter the opposition strengths as opposed to playing to their own strengths. Thought that one was very interesting.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #222
Sunday is where we really rely upon the experience of MM to prepare our side for a cut-throat final.

He knows that this introverted bunch responds to heavy handed motivation - so hit em hard, coaching group.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #223
They just said the usual stuff looking forward to the game etc. etc.. Mick said our strengths are the ability to swing key position players and the fact that the midfield isn't entirely reliant on just a few players. He said we have the ability to play one or two taggers. Also said they pick the side to counter the opposition strengths as opposed to playing to their own strengths. Thought that one was very interesting.

That last one sounds like a small lack in self belief. You know how hard it is to win when you try beating a team at their own game.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #224

That last one sounds like a small lack in self belief. You know how hard it is to win when you try beating a team at their own game.

So often introverts (in sport) need external motivation. Your extrovert pumps themselves... as a figure of speech!!! This is why our coaching group must be really aggressive with their motivation on Sunday. Introverts have a real prob with being in the 'present moment'... they need to be shocked into it.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17