Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Jim Park Voting: Rd 2: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 6610 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Jim Park Voting: Rd 2: Carlton vs Gold Coast

I guess it has the fact that we have disappointed for so long that makes me fill with trepidation. However, I will be there. There will be people who deserve votes.

OK, guys. I'm all ready for tomorrow. Right down to the Angst flowing through my body. Car'n the Blues!

Remember:
[1] At least 3 players need to get a mention.
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player.
[3] Give a rating of team performance. It can be anywhere from A+ to F.
[4] Votes must add up to 15.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Jim Park Voting: Rd 2: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #1
Team F

9 Charlie Curnow
2 Murphy
2 Ed Curnow
1 Wright
1 Zach fisher

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #2
5 Ed Curnow
4 Cripps
3 Murphy
2 SPS
1 C Curnow

Reply #3
Staggers me how you give Murphy votes. His specialty has become soft sub 20m up and unders.

Sad fact is until we find a better Captain, we wont be much chop.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #4
Staggers me how you give Murphy votes. His specialty has become soft sub 20m up and unders.

Sad fact is until we find a better Captain, we wont be much chop.
Sorry, flyboy, but I cannot agree with you. Murphy has his issues as a Captain, but he put his body in today. To get 30 possessions without having a ruckman to feed him was an effort worth votes.
I would like to see Murphy play up forward, but our midfield is not yet of quality to allow us to do that.

Anyway, back to the votes. Keep them coming, even if the rating is poor. God knows we were poor!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Team F

5 Cripps
4 Fisher
3 Ed Curnow
2 Chalrie Curnow
1 SPS
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
Team:   E-
I was tempted to give us an “F”, but we did get the ball more than a bit and we had more inside 50’s. I admit being embarrassed at the ground. It was really a poor effort.

Votes:
[4]   Ed Curnow
[2.5]   Patrick Cripps
[2]   Marc Murphy
[2]   Charlie Curnow
[1.5]   Sam Petrevski-Seton
[1]   Zac Fisher
[1]   Kade Simpson
[0.5]   Aaron Mullett
[0.5]   Daisy Thomas   

Explanations:
[4]   Ed Curnow:   38 possessions is probably his best ever. He worked very hard and didn’t make a lot of mistakes by foot, his usual problem.
[2.5]   Patrick Cripps:   Considering the free kicks he didn’t get (he did get 5, but could have 13) and the man handling he experienced, he had a great game. Considering also that he basically had to rove to Witts; that makes his effort even more creditable. It is a pity his kicking for goal still needs so much work.
[2]   Marc Murphy:   A really gutsy effort from the Captain this week. But his turnovers were not what we needed.
[2]   Charlie Curnow:    Charlie continues to show why he is one of the AFL’s more impressive youngsters. His marking was good.
[1.5]   Sam Petrevski-Seton:   SPS ran out of gas a bit, but he showed skills so many of our players lack. He almost had mark of the year …
[1]   Zac Fisher:   Zac also ran out of gas a bit, but he was brilliant when we were at our most ordinary.
[1]   Kade Simpson:   Simmo got so much ball that it was brilliant, but his disposal and decision making today were the exact opposite of last week: ordinary at best to terrible at worst.
[0.5]   Aaron Mullett:   Mullett showed his strengths and his weaknesses today. He got the ball quite well and his kicking was usually better than most of our players, but he was soft and did not do the negative things we required.
[0.5]   Daisy Thomas:   Only 14 possessions, but he showed the heart and desire that his team mates needed more of.

Honourable Mentions:
Matthew Wright:   Ordinary for much of the game, he had a great last quarter and tried all day.
Liam Jones:   He lost only 1 contest on the day as a defender, but was caught out a number of times with his willingness to take risks. He still did some of the more inspirational things of any of our players.
Lachie Plowman:   Another who was solid if relatively unspectacular. He did his job, but appears to be not at his best at the moment.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
Well said, agree with almost all of that, except I wouldn't have given Thomas votes, most of his possessions went straight to GCS players (although to be fair he had a lot of mates in that regard), and the almost mark of the year was Garlett - highest i have seen a player jump since Walker used Carlisle as a stepladder that night....

Reply #8
Sorry, flyboy, but I cannot agree with you. Murphy has his issues as a Captain, but he put his body in today. To get 30 possessions without having a ruckman to feed him was an effort worth votes.
I would like to see Murphy play up forward, but our midfield is not yet of quality to allow us to do that.

Anyway, back to the votes. Keep them coming, even if the rating is poor. God knows we were poor!

Team: E-

5 - Curnow, E
4 - Murphy
3 - Petrevski-Seton
2 - Curnow, C
1 - Fisher
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #9
Team: E

Cripps        5
Curnow (E) 4
Curnow (C) 3
Murphy       2
Samo         1

Really struggled to come up with that lot
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #10
i couldn't give any votes today.

Yep, Ed and Cripps tried hard but both didn't excute basic skills when needed - on several occasions...

Charlie -  a few cameos.

The rest - more bad than good.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #11
Team E:

4: Fisher, not great but ok and  when he gets the ball he does something with it.
3: E. Curnow(Lot of the ball, tackled well but as we all know he doesnt hurt teams when he gets the footy, but he did play 4 quarters)
3: SPS, worked hard, missed a few targets but did try all game.
2: C. Curnow, terrible supply but ran hard vs a big bad dude in May and kept on keeping on,
1: Murphy( Agree with Fly, disposal was horrific, kicks high as they were long and easily picked off but I gave him a vote for effort)
1: Garlett( worked hard in last part of the game and didnt give up so I gave him a vote for encouragement)
1: Cripps..heavily tagged, not great by his high standards but he gave effort...

Reply #12
Team E

3 Ed
2 Crippa
2 Charlie
2 Garlett
2 Samo
1 Murphy 
1 Zac
1 Daisy
1 Jones
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #13
Murphy is such a polarizing player even Supercoach and Fantasy points disagree about his impact.

Fantasy Points: 114
Supercoach: 73
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #14
Team. E

6. Ed Curnow
2. Cripps
2. Murphy
2. C. Curnow
2. Fisher
1. Petrevski-Seaton
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.