Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 436470 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #6960
I realise that anything COVID now seems old hat,  but we had a family member become a statistic overnight.  Stay safe people.

Not good news!  Sorry to hear that,

The deaths keep mounting but rarely rate a mention now.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6961
Covid back with 20 deaths in Vic the last 24 hours and a lot of new cases.
The AMA want us wearing masks again in more crowded locations like supermarkets etc...wonder if Dan will go back to some Covid measures or the federal and state political landscape will dim his enthusiasm...

Reply #6962
A decent federal gov would be leading and supporting the states not making them fly solo and then pinging off a few rounds at them when it suited them to do so.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #6963
The AMA want us wearing masks again in more crowded locations like supermarkets etc...wonder if Dan will go back to some Covid measures or the federal and state political landscape will dim his enthusiasm...

Not until after the election
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6964
A decent federal gov would be leading and supporting the states not making them fly solo and then pinging off a few rounds at them when it suited them to do so.
I'm no fan of the Federal or Vic state government and both imho are more interested in votes than covid numbers and that AMA are obviously concerned that Covid numbers are increasing and I'd like to see some response from someone in charge at both levels of government.

Reply #6966
Just agreeing with you eb1.

A cynic would say, that even if we needed restrictions (im not convinced we do) they wouldn't implement any until next year

Paul Hewson

Reply #6967
Just agreeing with you eb1.

A cynic would say, that even if we needed restrictions (im not convinced we do) they wouldn't implement any until next year
Agree...Covid restrictions are way too unpopular to be discussed/raised during an election period..

Reply #6969
My family has been hit with influenza. Much worse than the covid we experienced. Took my 7 year old to monash hospital and they said they have been smashed with influenza. Kids were coming from Pakenham and Berwick because their hospital had a 6 hour wait.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #6970
My family has been hit with influenza. Much worse than the covid we experienced. Took my 7 year old to monash hospital and they said they have been smashed with influenza. Kids were coming from Pakenham and Berwick because their hospital had a 6 hour wait.

I started yesterday with I thought were cold/flu symptoms (tested neg in the morning), tested pos to Covid last night. My wife tested pos this morning. The flu is rampant however.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6971
Yep, I started wearing masks again last weekend when I heard some medicos on the radio warning people, you won't get the mask call from the politicians because of the election, they are all too gutless and won't offer a bipartisan approach which shows you just how little they really care for the general public. But I bet you will start to see them all starting to wear masks! ;)

The current problem is people getting a double whack, Flu and COVID, and the early indicators are it looks like if you had COVID makes you far more vulnerable to a severe dose of the Flu. Which is very bad news for everybody but especially those that can't be vaccinated. I suspect that is why I saw cars queuing at the COVID vaccination centre yesterday for the first time in many many weeks.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6972

Yep, a few hospital ER's on bypass and lots of sick staff with influenza and CoVid, as LP rightly points out if you get the double whack then you are going to be very sick. Hope your son is feeling better, my daughter in law spent some time in Monash recently with Bells Palsy, its a very busy hospital who take a lot of overflow and difficult cases from the smaller privates...

Reply #6973

Yep, flu went through our family too.
One of my kids had a temp of 40. I only managed 38.2.
Basically everyone had a week off (i only had a day, but i didn't need to see anyone to do my job so was back at it)
Neighbours kids got it a week after us.
Rippng through the schools.

I felt as bad as i have for 20-odd years since i last had the flu.
Haven't had covid yet *touch wood*

Reply #6974
My cousins (two brothers) and their families are on their second week of iso in 5 months from covid.

I have been commuting too and from the city by public transport each and every business day since Feb 22, and have yet to spend significant time with a known positive case.

Paul Hewson