Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 427438 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #7140
The ending of restrictions is not the end of the pandemic, the virus doesn't give a stuff what any human thinks on either side of the debate.

The ending of restrictions is the ending of official support, basically resources and finances are being pulled, this time next year the need for vaccines and expensive treatments probably won't have diminished, but they won't be subsidised either.
im still waiting for covid to start with me.

I actually miss lock down because life resembled a simple way of life and there was more empathy in the world.

Covid is a toothless tiger.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #7142
COVID still averages about 10% lethality globally, that is a bit too high for me to show hubris about having it defeated, it would be tempting fate.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7143
So, Chairman Dan has decided that the pandemic is over and the emergency powers will come to an end next Wednesday.

I'm not sure that Dan's decision is right - we still have a rampant neurological virus with unknown longer term issues - but he has stepped into line with the other States and Territories.

I guess that means that the conspiracy theorists who so vehemently opposed Victoria's legislative response to the pandemic will have to admit that they were wrong.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7144
Right before the election as predicted.

My mum has covid now and she is very sick. Has had a fever for 5 days, have to check in on her this morning.
Been a while since her 3rd shot so her protection has probably dropped a bit, if she was unvaccinated I have no doubt she would be in hospital.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #7145

My mum has covid now and she is very sick. Has had a fever for 5 days, have to check in on her this morning.
Been a while since her 3rd shot so her protection has probably dropped a bit, if she was unvaccinated I have no doubt she would be in hospital.
I hope she returns to full health quickly Mad One.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7146

MBB, my sincere best wishes for your mum and a complete recovery. And to you and the rest of your family. Keep up the clear fluids and zinc and vit D rich foods to her (and other immune nutrients). Thoughts are with you mate.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #7147
Best wishes MBB to your mother for a full speedy recovery...

Reply #7148
Best wishes to your mother for a quick and full recovery MBB.

One of our neighbours has just recovered after being very sick with COVID.  She said that it really knocked her.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7149
Sorry to hear your news MBB
I hope your Mum has a quick and full recovery.

Reply #7150
Thanks guys.
Better today, still got a bad cough. Fever appears to be over.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #7151

All the very best to your mum buddy. I'm sure she will recover well.

Reply #7152
All the very best to your mum buddy. I'm sure she will recover well.

X2

I had it a few weeks ago and it knocked me for six so she has my sympathies.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #7153
Thanks guys.
Better today, still got a bad cough. Fever appears to be over.

Really pleased to hear that. May her recovery continue and be rapid.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17