Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW Votes - 2022 - Leaderboard on 1st post. (Read 4485 times) previous topic - next topic

AFLW R5 Votes vs Adelaide.

Reply #30
Was always going to be a tough ask.

Results didn't go our way, but there was still a lot to like.

Who gets the votes against the crows this week?

Re: AFLW R5 Votes vs Adelaide.

Reply #31
Tough game to give votes on.
Probably 15 players who busted their butts and gave their all.

3: Mimi Hill
*daylight imo*
2: Pound
1: Egan

....and apologies to half the team.
As it turns out, those 3 players all came into the team this week!

Reply #32
3. Mimi Hill
2. Trudgeon
1. Pound

HM. Gee, Daisy Walker

Reply #33
3. Hill
2. Trudgeon
1. Prespakis

I thought the effort against a top side was pretty good, most played better than the score indicated, and we were not helped by some pretty ordinary umpiring which I just do not understand. Maybe it is time for on field umpires to overrule other umpires, they must have been perplexed themselves at some decisions. Pound was good. I thought Egan got plenty of footy but looked a bit rushed with the ball use, I don't blame her coming back from that hit she probably lacks a bit of confidence. Probably could have given the last vote to any of 5 or 6, but I gave it to Prespakis for never stopping or giving up in the face of uncertainty.

There was one segment of play when I saw one of our players tackle the opposition 3 times in as many seconds, I think it was Hill, with the opponent dropping the footy and picking it back up again, in effect the opponent took possession three times and failed to dispose of it every time and it was play on, I thought Kevin Bartlett was back on the field!
The Force Awakens!

AFLW Votes - R6 vs Fremantle

Reply #34
Good start, then nothing.

Someone deserves votes....who?

Re: AFLW Votes - R6 vs Fremantle

Reply #35
3. Egan
2. Prespakis
1. Hill
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
For a change I saw some of this match. I simply couldn't watch it all: it was too dreadful.

Votes:
3: Mimi Hill: Hasn't missed a beat since her return. If there is a positive out of this season, Mimi is it.
2: Breann Moody: Dominated the ruck. Alas, that was the last place we dominated.
1: Grace Egan: Coming back from broken ribs, her game was excellent. We have missed her, no doubt about it.

Honourable Mentions:
Maddie Prespakis: Not quite her normal game, but she gave a damn and had more tackles than any of her teammates.
Gab Pound: Got the ball well enough, but struggled getting it to others in her colours.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #37
3: Hill
2: Pound
1: Egan

I think these were my same exact votes for last game. I made mention that 2 games ago, all 3 were missing.

Reply #38
Final votes for this game against Adelaide

3: Hill
2: Trudgeon
1: Pound

Reply #39
3. Hill
2. Prespakis
1. Laloifi

AFLW votes - R7 vs Saints

Reply #40
Better result.

Tougher to pick your top 3.

Go...

Reply #41
Final results for R6 vs Fremantle...

3   Hill
2   Egan
1   Prespakis

Re: AFLW votes - R7 vs Saints

Reply #42
Not an easy task at all.

[3] Mua Laloifi: Mua thrashed her opponent, took lots of marks in defence and really provided drive. It was almost the complete game for a defender.
[2] Georgie Gee: Scintillating. her disposal was good, her pace cut the Saints apart.
[1] Kerryn Harrington: Probably her best game for year in defence, she took marks, created run and kicked like a scalpel. A real Captain's game and something we've struggled without.

Honourable Mentions:
Mimi Hill: She really added something to our centre square with her pace and run. She is the Rising Star, and should have been last year.
Maddy Prespakis: nowhere near her best and she still racks up the possessions and reads the game so well.
Paige Trudgeon: Played on former Blue Kate Shierlaw and had the better of that duel. She's still very much a work in progress, but she is progressing.
Grace Egan: A really solid game in the middle.
Darcy Vescio: Darcy had a good one today, and her goals were first class. However, she just isn't the key marking forward we need. Darcy would so much better with someone to kick long to. Today, our resting rucks worked.

I've mentioned others in another thread. It was hard to find a non-contributor, to be honest, but we still have structural problems and the kicking of too many of our girls isn't that great. There is a lot of improvement required before we do this every week.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #43
3 - Gee
2 - Hill
1 - Prespakis

Laloifi, McEvoy and Harrington unlucky to miss out on a vote.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #44
3 Laloifi
2 Hill
1 Gee
The Force Awakens!