Skip to main content

Poll

At the 2022 Federal Election which party will receive your first preference?

LNP
[ 7 ] (26.9%)
ALP
[ 8 ] (30.8%)
Greens
[ 2 ] (7.7%)
One Nation
[ 0 ] (0%)
United Australia Party
[ 3 ] (11.5%)
Other
[ 2 ] (7.7%)
None of the Above
[ 4 ] (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Topic: Election 2022 (Poll added) (Read 23295 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Election 2022 (Poll added)

Reply #135
Okay boomer.

Nice to get an intelligent comment for a change 😃
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #136
The second million is easier than the first I’m told, so I’m giving up on the first million…

I got divorced in 2009, I had my work van and tools, a boat (not going… and a car to tow it)
It took me 10 years to be able to buy land again.
I don’t have a house, I live in a caravan in my (Uncoded) shed.
I’m not bragging, but we all make choices, I’ve made some stinkers but had a bit of fun along the way.
If home ownership is something you want, you can have it if you do what you need to… sacrifice, better choices and sometimes luck.
As I get older I put less and less stock in the material stuff, it really means nothing, and I can state this from a position of experience having roamed between 1st Class and the Back row!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #137
Our poll doesn’t come close to the most recent Morgan poll and I suspect that’s got a fair bit to do with our population.

The ALP is leading by 2% among male voters and by 16% among female voters.  That’s not unexpected in the light of Scotty’s continual gaffs and inability to show any empathy towards issues of concern to female voters. 

I think this could be the first election decided by one party’s refusal to acknowledge that its policies and personnel are unpalatable to the majority of female voters.  That failure should also help to get some of the teal candidates over the line.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #139
Don’t get me wrong, I’d like a bit more financial security, but people who live and breathe making money, buying investments and working their balls off, always on the hustle, they just do my head in…
My other beef is people who want “wow factor” I’m a ceramic tiler and the number of people who want “wow factor” in their toilet is gob smacking… “wow” is what you say when you are busting and make it in time, it happens to all of us !

I detest the consumer society that we live in, where people buy things to impress people who if they were honest with themselves they’d admit they didn’t care for.
I’m doing a job for some sporting friends. They are building a 3 bedroom house that’s probably close to 400m2 internal with 200m2 of external tiling…
Of course there’s a “butlers pantry” 🤷🏼‍♂️
Customer says to me “No, I don’t want tiles on that part of the splashback”
It’s next to the sink I point out, she responds with “Yeah, but it’ll never get used” 🙄
I couldn’t help myself and said “What’s it for then…?” 🦗🦗🦗
🤣🤣

God I feel better getting that out 😎

People need to ask how much is enough, and everyone’s number will be different.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #140
That's actually a compliment. ;D
We had the best music, the best clothes, the best cars...and great haircuts. ;)

Not to mention a footy team that was regularly featuring on the last Saturday in September 🙂

Reply #141
Paying it off?

Paying off a home.  Wonder how Ill use my second million...

I just despised paying rent and my sole ambition was to buy and remain.  Which I did for decades

Reply #142
That's actually a compliment. ;D
We had the best music, the best clothes, the best cars...and great haircuts. ;)
Although now there's less hair to cut (though sadly there's no discount because of that!)

Reply #143
Although now there's less hair to cut (though sadly there's no discount because of that!)
No more Atomic, Blondie will be very sad!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #144
I think Scomo has burnt his party now.

We call him Scotty from Marketing because we know he will bullshizen the Australian public about the usual political promises undelivered, we are not shocked we expect that.

But if it's true that Scotty from Marketing bullshizened the US and UK about the AUKUS Sub deal, he's gone, you just can't have that sort of bullshizen at bureaucratic and diplomatic level. He'd be dead to the US and UK now, just like he is already for France, worthless to Australia on the diplomatic stage, and we need their support more than ever before and Scomo's turned himself into diplomatic poison!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #145
I think Scomo has burnt his party now.

We call him Scotty from Marketing because we know he will bullshizen the Australian public about the usual political promises undelivered, we are not shocked we expect that.

But if it's true that Scotty from Marketing bullshizened the US and UK about the AUKUS Sub deal, he's gone, you just can't have that sort of bullshizen at bureaucratic and diplomatic level. He'd be dead to the US and UK now, just like he is already for France, worthless to Australia on the diplomatic stage, and we need their support more than ever before and Scomo's turned himself into diplomatic poison!

He didn't earn the "Liar from the Shire" tag without putting in the hard yards.

Reply #146
Voted yesterday and it’s good to get it out of the way.  I can try to ignore the last days of the campaign 🙂

The candidates from the two major parties were both present and engaging with voters.  I didn’t recognise one of the candidates; her prominent election placards/billboards must feature a heavily photoshopped portrait.

The hardest part of voting for me was deciding who to put last on the Senate ballot paper 🙄

Reply #147
I am really struggling to get interested in this election.  Major parties seem stale and uninspiring and highly glossed independents unconvincing.
Anyway I voted early a couple of days ago and got done with it.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #148
We MUST lift this stupid ban on media blackouts.  Almost like living in the 50s.  Add a complete reveal of independent costings of plans for all parties a week prior to the day of voting.  Listening Bandt?

Reply #149
We postal voted, couldnt believe the long list of senate wacko wannabes, trying to find six worthy contenders wasnt easy with limited info on what each ones beliefs and ideas are.
Libs have a decent grip in my electorate so my vote isnt going to matter and I expect more of the same which was a free calendar fridge magnet each year and no further contact or information on what they were doing for my electorate.